2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
Anyways, SOA finale was awesome.

Indeed it was. I was dead on with a couple of my predictions.

Either Pope or Tig was going to die before the season ended.

They would keep the retired US Marshall around for next season.

It would end on some sort of cliff hanger.

The final scene was a bit surprising. Gemma can be a real conniving b****. Kurt Sutter is one messed up dude with regards to his character (Otto). Can't wait until next season now.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
The final scene was a bit surprising. Gemma can be a real conniving b****. Kurt Sutter is one messed up dude with regards to his character (Otto). Can't wait until next season now.

The tongue s*** was whack.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
With life being busy, too many trips to the gym, and NBA League Pass, I have grown to despise this thread - but only because I can never read it and by the time I've watched some episodes it's long past!

Anyways, SOA finale was awesome.

Caught up on SOA last night it was a really good season.

Plenty of good stuff for next season.

Did not see the JAX/Tara thing going down like that at all.

Boardwalk and SOA had two great seasons.

I’m about halfway through the 1st season of Homeland on DVD, and have found it has lived up to all the great things I’d heard about it. As good as it is though, I’m having trouble accepting the central premise from its pilot episode; namely, that after taking so much risk and going through so much trouble to get Intel from that prisoner in Baghdad before he was executed, Carrie never bothered to tell anybody what he said, and didn’t say anything about a POW being “turned” until after Brody’s rescue months later. When she finally tells Saul, she says she didn't because she thought there were no POWs alive?

For such a “smart” show, that just seems stupid. I expect some context to explain that later on.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
Funny you mention that, I just started reading Apprentice about a month ago actually

you have a long long long long way to go. The books i am reading right now, the characters(besides Pug) are 3 and 4 generations past the people you are reading about

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
you have a long long long long way to go. The books i am reading right now, the characters(besides Pug) are 3 and 4 generations past the people you are reading about

I picked up all three of the books. How many are there? Do the other series after the Riftwar Saga continue on with the same world/story/characters etc...?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
I picked up all three of the books. How many are there? Do the other series after the Riftwar Saga continue on with the same world/story/characters etc...?

20+. Like I said, Pug is still around, and one other person, but I wont name that person right now. Everyone else is grandkids of grandkids. However, while Pug remains throughout the books, his character is not the main character in all of the books. In a few of them, he is merely a passing mention or a small cameo.

A few of Feists books are same old same old, but he has done a good job of keeping me interested

In case anyone other than me watches this:

Dear LEVERAGE Fans,

As of the writing of this letter, we still do not know if there will be a season six of our show. Just as we didn’t know when we created the last three episodes which are about to air. Because of this uncertainty, John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot. So, the episode that will air on Christmas is, in fact, the series finale we had always envisioned.

This is not to say we would not do a season six should we get the opportunity. Everyone involved with the show, from the cast, the crew, the writers and producers, would like nothing more than to continue telling these stories. But, in case we do not get that opportunity we felt that, creatively, after 77 episodes, we owed it to you, our fans, to end the show properly.

I sincerely hope you watch these last three episodes. They build to our conclusion. And the finale, I believe, is the most powerful episode we’ve ever done.

From all of us who make the show, thank you for watching, supporting and encouraging us. I’ve never experienced a fandom as intense, loyal and wonderful as you all.

Let’s go steal a series finale!

Dean Devlin

Executive Producer/Director LEVERAGE

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
In case anyone other than me watches this:

I LOVE Leverage. It was one of those shows that you could just turn your mind off and enjoy a hour worth of smiles and entertainment. but at the same time....I'm not necessarily going to miss the show. Here's hoping for a good send off.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 07:35 AM)
I love where Dexter is going, but WTF did he leave the chainsaw running for? If LaGuerta was truly setting up a sting, she would have been watching Dexter all night.

I thought the same thing. The one cop said he lost him before they heard the chainsaw.

And those clips in the previews will probably end up as dream scenes. They always do that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
I thought the same thing. The one cop said he lost him before they heard the chainsaw.

And those clips in the previews will probably end up as dream scenes. They always do that.

DOAKES MOTHERf***ER!!

That preview scene with LaGuerta arresting Dex is definitely a daydream of his. Him throwing her in the back of his vehicle.....I'm not sure. It would be awesome if Dex finally get rid of her, at some point, push will come to shove for one of them.

Also, I was really rooting for that Estrada guy to escape. That at least leaves a physical threat loose that Dexter has to worry about. The guy knows who Dexter is now, knows Dexter will continue to try to kill him, so he may rally his thugs he may have somewhere and fight back. It's a nice loose end.