2012 TV Thread

knightni

How about this, do you think Hannah drugged Debs water? My wife thinks Deb may have done it herself in order to set up Hannah and force Dexter to act.

Im kind of on the fence about it, especially after Hannah said "I dont make mistakes" and seeing Deb popping pills throughout the episode

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 12:02 PM)
How about this, do you think Hannah drugged Debs water? My wife thinks Deb may have done it herself in order to set up Hannah and force Dexter to act.

Im kind of on the fence about it, especially after Hannah said "I dont make mistakes" and seeing Deb popping pills throughout the episode

I'm with your wife.

I can't imagine Deb risking her life to get Dexter to break up with Hannah. I mean, she was hanging upside down in her car in a ditch for christsakes. Yeah, I get Deb setting up Hannah, that makes sense, but not in such a dangerous fashion. She could have drank the bottle right as she got to Dexters, collapsed, and then she'd be in the hospital either way, making a claim against Hannah. Doesn't make sense to risk your life for that.

Also, why the hell wouldn't Dex just KILL Hannah? She knows everything about Dexter. She could easily get back at Dexter by telling everyone his methods, what he does, etc.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
I can't imagine Deb risking her life to get Dexter to break up with Hannah. I mean, she was hanging upside down in her car in a ditch for christsakes. Yeah, I get Deb setting up Hannah, that makes sense, but not in such a dangerous fashion. She could have drank the bottle right as she got to Dexters, collapsed, and then she'd be in the hospital either way, making a claim against Hannah. Doesn't make sense to risk your life for that.

Also, why the hell wouldn't Dex just KILL Hannah? She knows everything about Dexter. She could easily get back at Dexter by telling everyone his methods, what he does, etc.

Love. The same reason why Deb would do a crazy thing in order to get hannah out of the picture

Homeland from last Sunday was much better than the week before, but man has this show fallen. Acting is still great, and a few scenes are still pretty awesome (Brody/Jessica in the car, anything with Sal, Carrie/Roya interrogation) but the implausibility is just ridiculous now. No debrief of Carrie!? The FBI search team getting separated? Carrie lying about what happened to Walden? We're supposed to believe this?

I think the writers bit off more than they could chew this year. This season should have been split into two, with the reveal about Brody's video not coming out until mid-season or later.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
Homeland from last Sunday was much better than the week before, but man has this show fallen. Acting is still great, and a few scenes are still pretty awesome (Brody/Jessica in the car, anything with Sal, Carrie/Roya interrogation) but the implausibility is just ridiculous now. No debrief of Carrie!? The FBI search team getting separated? Carrie lying about what happened to Walden? We're supposed to believe this?

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I was at least happy they killed Nazir. It would have been kind of ridiculous to continue that part of the storyline. Not like being ridiculous has stopped them with other things, though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
My issue with it - and it's a common complaint with most History channel specials like this - is that they throw in awful commentators. Why the hell is Brian Williams telling me about the greatness of the human race? Or some writer who wrote a book about fighting? Or Donald Trump (in the Men Who Built America series)? These specials have such good production values I'd much rather they fill that talking time with professors and scientists who aren't just spewing out a bunch of BS.

Or Michael Strahan :) Honestly, I like Brian Williams though...the Donald Trump one, yes, that is lame.

I do think Brolin does a nice job as narrator.

As for Boardwalk...what exactly went on with the distillery in PA? How exactly did we get from Nucky taking it over for Andrew Mellon to Mellon telling Esther Randolph that Nucky told him Arnold Rothstein was illegally running it? Nucky just told Mellon that Rothstein had taken it over? Or this was a plan they hatched all along?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
As for Boardwalk...what exactly went on with the distillery in PA? How exactly did we get from Nucky taking it over for Andrew Mellon to Mellon telling Esther Randolph that Nucky told him Arnold Rothstein was illegally running it? Nucky just told Mellon that Rothstein had taken it over? Or this was a plan they hatched all along?

There was a scene in the finale where Rothstein thought he was helping Nucky out (remember, Rothstein said, "Take the deal, I'm offering you a way out."). In exchange for getting Masarea to back off, Rothstein acquired a 99% ownership interest in the Old Overholt distillery that you're talking about.

It was all part of Nucky's grand plan to get back at everyone who he thought screwed him over. As Masarea's men were leaving, they were all shot by Capone and Chalky's guys. Then, Rothstein gets indicted because he's the owner of the Old Overholt distillery. Nucky paid Stephen Root's character (blanking on the name) to tell Mellon to get the distillery shut down.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)

Premeditated plan. Nucky made a deal with Rothstein (through Doyel) to take over the distillery in exchange for Rothstein making a deal with Massaria to stop backing Gyp. Massaria pulled his support with Gyp in AC, allowing Nucky to get him. After Gyp was gone, Nucky ratted on Rothstein taking over the distillery to Mellon, who told Randolph (i'm sure at the direction of Nucky). So, in effect, Nucky was able to get rid of Gyp, get AC back and screw Rothstein (more legal trouble I presume).

Edit: yeah, farmteam added that Nucky was able to take out a lot of Massaria's muscle too.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Yeah, I followed all that...I just assumed Mellon would have wanted his ownership of the distillery to continue so he could make money off it under Nucky's direction? Perhaps getting Rothstein was enough for him to forget about that?

No, I think Mellon wanted to sever ties with it so he wouldn't be under investigation. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I think that was at least alluded to.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
No, I think Mellon wanted to sever ties with it so he wouldn't be under investigation. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I think that was at least alluded to.

I figured when he made the arrangement with Nucky he was going to continue to get paid while Nucky ran it...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
I figured when he made the arrangement with Nucky he was going to continue to get paid while Nucky ran it...

Yeah, but that was in the second or third to last episode, wasn't it? I think in the finale, there was an allusion made that Mellon would come under scrutiny if he still had any ties to the distillery, so Mellon decided to cut his losses and not be tied to the distillery anymore. Could be wrong, but I think I remember Stephen Root's character talking to Mellon about that.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 01:47 AM)
Also, did I miss all the League talk, or was there none? Some great lines last week!

"Yeah, guess what he's gonna find when he unclogs it? His f***ing cat."

And basically the entire wrestling scene. Rafi has been absolutely golden this year.

I think this season has been poor in general. It seems like the writers are just trying to top each other with how many dick/gross-out jokes they can fit in. Reminds me of when the Office stopped being a sitcom about people in an office that happened to have amusing situations and became "look at these wacky people doing wacky things!"

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
Also, did I miss all the League talk, or was there none? Some great lines last week!

"Yeah, guess what he's gonna find when he unclogs it? His f***ing cat."

And basically the entire wrestling scene. Rafi has been absolutely golden this year.

Rafi is my favorite character on TV right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 02:20 AM)
I see where you're coming from, but the episode with Ralphie and the swimming lessons might have been the best episode of the series. He's been really solid this season.

I like Rafi. You can have one ridiculous character. Heck, even Taco as a second one is fine since Rafi only shows up occassionally. But Kevin, Andre, and Ruxin have all moved into that territory too. Pete and Jenny are the only remotely normal ones left.