2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexter:

The last episode of Dexter was pretty disappointing. We are supposed to believe someone as careful as Dexter is with protecting his secret would turn in one of the only people that knows he is a killer? Especially with Laguerda just being on his case? This has been a great season so far, but the last episode just seems bogus. I'm usually willing to buy unrealistic things that happen in shows, but this just seems like too much of a character break. And Dexter turning her in over the water, when she is obviously much more careful and thorough than that. I feel like this is an episode that ruins an otherwise great season.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
This Amish Mafia show is a joke..............this Levi is a wannabe..............all these guys have records...............this show looks 100% fake to me

I could not turn the f***ing this off. It was terrible but I could not tune out.

Looks like something that should be on Real TV.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
Damn I want Game of Thrones to start now. I just did a 2 week marathon, Im all caught up and I want more.

I've been craving more GOT, I'd take either the next season or next book.

Preferably the next book but who knows when Martin gets that done.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
I've been craving more GOT, I'd take either the next season or next book.

Preferably the next book but who knows when Martin gets that done.

are you happy with the Series translation from the books?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)

Fairly happy, they do some things amazingly well (the characters have almost all been pinpoint). They do change some of the action scenes, and not always for the better.

I am freakin' pumped for season 3, since the 3rd book was by far the best. I'm a bit wary of what they'll do beyond that as books 4/5 were actually supposed to be 1 book but were separated more by characters than timeline (combined I'd say its around 2k pages). They haven't really let me down in a big way yet, so I'm excited to see how they handle that situation.

I'd say I'm more disappointed with the fallout after book 3 in terms of quality than I am with the book to TV conversion.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
Fairly happy, they do some things amazingly well (the characters have almost all been pinpoint). They do change some of the action scenes, and not always for the better.

I am freakin' pumped for season 3, since the 3rd book was by far the best. I'm a bit wary of what they'll do beyond that as books 4/5 were actually supposed to be 1 book but were separated more by characters than timeline (combined I'd say its around 2k pages). They haven't really let me down in a big way yet, so I'm excited to see how they handle that situation.

I'd say I'm more disappointed with the fallout after book 3 in terms of quality than I am with the book to TV conversion.

I have really been impressed with how it looks like a movie as opposed to a tv series

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
I have really been impressed with how it looks like a movie as opposed to a tv series

They definitely have done a great job with the imagery and have not backed down because budget. Almost every place they have "created" has been fairly accurate to what I imagined it to look like (except for Harrenhal, quite different from what I imagined).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
They definitely have done a great job with the imagery and have not backed down because budget. Almost every place they have "created" has been fairly accurate to what I imagined it to look like (except for Harrenhal, quite different from what I imagined).

Harrenhal, is that the place that Arya was taken after she escaped Kings Landing? Where she became the servant girl?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)

Its going to get more difficult as the territory expands, but for now its been pretty awesome. I like how the intro coincides with what areas they've covered.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
Harrenhal, is that the place that Arya was taken after she escaped Kings Landing? Where she became the servant girl?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
Yes. Supposed to be the largest castle in the kingdom.

Yea.

I just had it pictured differently in my mind. They did a decent job of it still.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 11:44 AM)
Its going to get more difficult as the territory expands, but for now its been pretty awesome. I like how the intro coincides with what areas they've covered.

Very much so, the intro is beautifully done, between the graphics and the song it sets the stage for the show extremely well.

I read the books on Kindle, and the first versions they had didn't include the maps, so it was hard to tell where they were talking about. Showing the world map like they do gives the viewers a much better understanding of what is going on where.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
Yea.

I just had it pictured differently in my mind. They did a decent job of it still.

They have a much harder time in the future seasons with Astapor, Yunaki, Lys, Meereen etc. Also we havent seen Braavos yet to the depths that we will.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
They have a much harder time in the future seasons with Astapor, Yunaki, Lys, Meereen etc. Also we havent seen Braavos yet to the depths that we will.

Luckily for them many of those places had a decent amount of description to them, but they are all pretty unique cities and need to be treated as such.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Luckily for them many of those places had a decent amount of description to them, but they are all pretty unique cities and need to be treated as such.

In my head all of those places became jumbled into Cairo, Egypt. Especially with DWD.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
In my head all of those places became jumbled into Cairo, Egypt. Especially with DWD.

While many of them are fairly close to each other geographically and therefore may have many of the same themes, they all have very different personalities/characteristics to the cities to make them pretty distinct.

Maybe we can just skip all the boring parts where it's Danny sitting around doing nothing for the most part in those cities

Maybe we can just skip all the boring parts where it's Danny sitting around doing nothing for the most part in those cities