2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
And I believe Carrie was promoted by Saul since he mentioned something about Estes being pissed off about it. Considering she ended up capturing Nazr, it would make sense that she would get promoted, even if she was/is banging an American terrorist. Which brings me to my other complaint - how is she going to explain leaving for a day or two?

The only person she'll have to explain this to is Saul, who will probably end up trusting Carrie.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
I still have a suspicion that he was involved.

His meeting with Mike in the bar when he asked Mike to keep looking after his family because he couldn't.

Brody and Carrie sneak out just in time.

They went to the office where they could see the car parked where it was...I still don't know about that, there was something strange about that.

I think they are doing this largely to reproduce doubt in Carrie's judgment, but ultimately I think they'll end up with Brody not having done it. I think they'd prefer that Carrie knew correctly he was fine now, but her choosing a regular life caused her to miss what Nazir was planning. She kept Brody killing the vice prez to herself, when she should have wondered why nazir wold do that and not want to publish it to the world.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Homeland - I liked where it was going until they tried to make us believe Langley, the CIA headquarters, would somehow not have cameras on its parking lots, especially a camera of the front of the building. I mean, maybe that will come out Ep. 1 of next season to clear Brody's name in at least the moving of the car aspect of it, but I can't imagine they wouldn't have cameras to prove someone else took Brody's car and parked it there. Also, how the hell do they give Carrie a PROMOTION after all that? Yeah, he has great instinct, but she doesn't follow orders and is an emotional mess. Fully re-instate her, but don't give her a promotion, that's farfetched.

I don't understand why you would think he'd still not be implicated considering it would have been his clearance that got the car there in the first place, and, you know, his prior dealings as a terrorist.

My cousin thinks that Quinn is behind the bombing. He thinks he decided to leave Brody alive so that way he could use him as a scapegoat for the bombing, and then leaked the video of Brody to the news to back that up. Then he threatened Estes to not kill Brody because he wanted him alive so he could be framed. Kind of farfetched, but plausible.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
I still have a suspicion that he was involved.

His meeting with Mike in the bar when he asked Mike to keep looking after his family because he couldn't.

Brody and Carrie sneak out just in time.

They went to the office where they could see the car parked where it was...I still don't know about that, there was something strange about that.

Not sure if mentioned, but also suspicious was how he asked Walden's widow if he could walk her to her seat in order to make sure she was near the blast radius.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
I don't understand why you would think he'd still not be implicated considering it would have been his clearance that got the car there in the first place, and, you know, his prior dealings as a terrorist.

What do you mean it would be his clearance that got the car there?

And when Brody and Carrie were at the ceremony, wasn't it Carrie who signaled to him that they should leave and go talk? It seemed as if Brody was going to stay for the whole event until Carrie signaled for him. That's another reason why I don't think Brody was behind this. Whoever did it may have been hoping to take out Brody in the attack as well.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
What do you mean it would be his clearance that got the car there?

And when Brody and Carrie were at the ceremony, wasn't it Carrie who signaled to him that they should leave and go talk? It seemed as if Brody was going to stay for the whole event until Carrie signaled for him. That's another reason why I don't think Brody was behind this. Whoever did it may have been hoping to take out Brody in the attack as well.

I don't think it was Brody either. But I'm saying even if they had video of someone else moving the car, they would have still needed Brody's car to get it in the parking lot to begin with. I'm guessing the CIA parking lot isn't exactly a mall open lot.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't think it was Brody either. But I'm saying even if they had video of someone else moving the car, they would have still needed Brody's car to get it in the parking lot to begin with. I'm guessing the CIA parking lot isn't exactly a mall open lot.

Brody even said he parked his car in Lot C. They simply took it from Lot C, and drove it up to the front of the building. That's what I'm saying, they must have video of someone breaking in to Brody's car in Lot C, and the parking it in front of the ceremony and then getting out.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
Brody even said he parked his car in Lot C. They simply took it from Lot C, and drove it up to the front of the building. That's what I'm saying, they must have video of someone breaking in to Brody's car in Lot C, and the parking it in front of the ceremony and then getting out.

I totally get what your saying, but that wouldn't mean Brody wasn't part of the plot in the eyes of the CIA or Saul. Because he would have been the reason a car with explosives entered the parking lot in the first place. We have no idea that he didn't put explosives there.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
My cousin thinks that Quinn is behind the bombing. He thinks he decided to leave Brody alive so that way he could use him as a scapegoat for the bombing, and then leaked the video of Brody to the news to back that up. Then he threatened Estes to not kill Brody because he wanted him alive so he could be framed. Kind of farfetched, but plausible.

Your cousin is nuts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Not sure if mentioned, but also suspicious was how he asked Walden's widow if he could walk her to her seat in order to make sure she was near the blast radius.

It was her husband's funeral. The son was already sitting there. She'd have a seat close to the blast. Plus, it seemed to me like it was Carrie's idea to get out of there and go screw (and share her "good news" that she was choosing Brody over her career).

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
I totally get what your saying, but that wouldn't mean Brody wasn't part of the plot in the eyes of the CIA or Saul. Because he would have been the reason a car with explosives entered the parking lot in the first place. We have no idea that he didn't put explosives there.

Oh, I know that, but I am saying it's a step in the right direction if they can identify the person who actually did it, and piece it together from there. Yeah, even if he didn't touch the car at all that day, he could still be involved.

Read a couple of the interviews/summaries with Homeland's writer yesterday (Sepinwall, Greenwald). As to some of the issues raised in the last couple of pages:

(1) they purposefully kept Brody's involvement with the bombing vague (not showing the Brody/Nazir scene for example). He all but admitted the show doesn't know if he did it or not.

(2) they have no idea what they're doing next season. Brody is expected to come back at some point, but no guarantee on next year. Same with Brody's family. He also admitted the whole Dana story line with Fin was basically thrown together because they liked the actress so much. They thought of the angle to make Walden appear more despicable (paying off the family his kid ruined)

(3) the good news - the whole point of season 2 was to show the forbidden love between Carrie and Brody, that ultimately two damaged people found each other but can never be together. He made a mention to Greenwald that he felt as though that story was basically all told. So hopefully no more Carrie-Brody romance scenes.

(4) Quinn will definitely be back

(5) I wondered how Carrie and Brody got away after the bombing - he said there was so much chaos it's assumed they were able to sneak away unnoticed as others tried to figure out what happened.

Game of Thrones episodes in season three will be going an extra 4-6 minutes over an hour, the showrunners said it will amount to almost a full extra episode in the end because they will be able to pack more into each show.

The finale is going to be extra long as well, possibly over an hour

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/showbiz/tv/g...hree/index.html

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Your cousin is nuts.

i actually think what he said is very plausible - the whole thing about quinn saying "I kill bad guys" had to have more meaning to it

Doesn't the released tape of brody make it a sure fire thing that he was set up? I'm not saying he had 0 involvement, but someone knew this tape existed, and used brody as the patsy (ie the Lee harvey oswald was just a patsy argument). I mean, as far as i know, only a hand full of members in the CIA knew the tape existed, and those that did know it existed all knew it pertained to the first bombing, not the most recent one.

The thing I don't really like so far - is that with all the twists and all the turns, nothing has ever really changed. Since episode 1, you wonder "Is brody a terrorist? or isn't he? Did he get turned? Is he now turned back? Is Carrie nuts or isn't she? Is there a CIA Mole or isn't there? In some respects it feels a bit like Lost where nothing ever really gets answered, except where Lost answered one question with a different question, this answers one question with the exact same question again.

Also the last episode felt to me like they were trying hard to force some watchers to at least consider the possibility that Saul is somehow behind this. Oh he happens to be the only one not at the CIA when it blows up? oh and he is the most senior person in the CIA now (like lennin said, look to the one who benefits and ....i am the walrus)? Oh he happens to be praying in arabic (at least i presume) over all the dead bodies? I don't think he at all that he was involved, but it seems like the show wants you to at least have to consider it

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
i actually think what he said is very plausible - the whole thing about quinn saying "I kill bad guys" had to have more meaning to it

Doesn't the released tape of brody make it a sure fire thing that he was set up? I'm not saying he had 0 involvement, but someone knew this tape existed, and used brody as the patsy (ie the Lee harvey oswald was just a patsy argument). I mean, as far as i know, only a hand full of members in the CIA knew the tape existed, and those that did know it existed all knew it pertained to the first bombing, not the most recent one.

The thing I don't really like so far - is that with all the twists and all the turns, nothing has ever really changed. Since episode 1, you wonder "Is brody a terrorist? or isn't he? Did he get turned? Is he now turned back? Is Carrie nuts or isn't she? Is there a CIA Mole or isn't there? In some respects it feels a bit like Lost where nothing ever really gets answered, except where Lost answered one question with a different question, this answers one question with the exact same question again.

Also the last episode felt to me like they were trying hard to force some watchers to at least consider the possibility that Saul is somehow behind this. Oh he happens to be the only one not at the CIA when it blows up? oh and he is the most senior person in the CIA now (like lennin said, look to the one who benefits and ....i am the walrus)? Oh he happens to be praying in arabic (at least i presume) over all the dead bodies? I don't think he at all that he was involved, but it seems like the show wants you to at least have to consider it

The prayer at the end was Jewish I think.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)

He was just pointing out that to off Brody after what he'd done would make Estes a bad guy. (IMO)

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)

But the CIA wasn't the only one who had the tape.