2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Pretty strong HIMYM last night, IMO.

Definitely entertaining. I am getting sick of all the plot changes. It's like they are just throwing s*** at the wall hoping it will stick, just trying to get to the last season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
Finally a funny episode of Modern Family this season.

Best of the season. LOL at "monsterating"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Pretty strong HIMYM last night, IMO.

Finally caught it off of the DVR last night. I hope they don't go too much longer with the ending. The show was so much better when it was lighthearted, but those moments are so much harder to come by now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
Finally caught it off of the DVR last night. I hope they don't go too much longer with the ending. The show was so much better when it was lighthearted, but those moments are so much harder to come by now.

The whole scene with Barney at the strip club getting milked was the high point. "My managers looking"

Re:Awake

I like the way the premiere ended. Sets it up for long run if ratings are up and viewers stick. Also not worth discussing now which is real or a dream because it won't be revealed for awhile, if at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
Re:Awake

I like the way the premiere ended. Sets it up for long run if ratings are up and viewers stick. Also not worth discussing now which is real or a dream because it won't be revealed for awhile, if at all.

How do the 2 worlds interact?

Does he have one case that is being investigated in both worlds? Or a case in each?

Does he learn thing from one world that helps him in the other?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
The beginning and end of Awake was good. I about fell asleep during the middle part of it though. I don't see how the show can last very long though.

I mean, that's just part of setting up the show. Giving us the meat and potatoes of who the people are. The preview for next weeks episodes looks really interesting. I hope they continue to piece together what happened the night of the accident.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
He's played his F&LiLV Thompson character in just about every movie for a while now.

I mean, he's copying from dress to behaviour to the smoking to the craziness. I know they were friends, but I don't think Thompson told him to emulate him. Maybe Depp will commit suicide too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
This is the only time I have ever watched Storage Wars, but Brandi Passante is freaking hot.

Nice rack with girl next door looks

Nice to see Walking Dead up the stakes a bit by offing a character we've known from the beginning but if you were going to take someone i wish it would have been T-Dog as opposed to Dale.

I don't think the writers know what to do with T-Dog. At least Dale played the 'moral' center of the group.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)

Nice to see Walking Dead up the stakes a bit by offing a character we've known from the beginning but if you were going to take someone i wish it would have been T-Dog as opposed to Dale.

I don't think the writers know what to do with T-Dog. At least Dale played the 'moral' center of the group.

I'm glad he's gone. I couldnt stand him this season.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Justified has been great so far this year. Best show on TV to me.

Agreed. The wife picked it up this season, it's actually fun explaining all the characters and their histories with one another.

I think that episode of Walking Dead would have worked really well if the writers had set up these characters better. Instead it was sill mostly a snooze fest.

Anyone else scream out in joy when the zombie grabbed Carl? My wife and I were rooting for that to be the end of him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
I'm glad he's gone. I couldnt stand him this season.

He was one of the few characters i could stand. He may not have had a popular viewpoint of the world they were in but at least the writers had an idea of where he fit in the group as opposed to say T-dog. T-dog had one line and even that line got interrupted. Ha Ha

Still....i had to laugh in the fact that

he got snuck up on by a zombie in an open field. It wasn't that dark out yet. And to think, the group let him be a lookout many times. The old man probably couldn't see well and was afraid to lose his place in the group

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 10:21 AM)
I think that episode of Walking Dead would have worked really well if the writers had set up these characters better. Instead it was sill mostly a snooze fest.

Anyone else scream out in joy when the zombie grabbed Carl? My wife and I were rooting for that to be the end of him.

Yes.

I want him gone too. Hopefully this event leads to them finally leaving the farm

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 09:49 AM)
He was one of the few characters i could stand. He may not have had a popular viewpoint of the world they were in but at least the writers had an idea of where he fit in the group as opposed to say T-dog. T-dog had one line and even that line got interrupted. Ha Ha

Still....i had to laugh in the fact that

he got snuck up on by a zombie in an open field. It wasn't that dark out yet. And to think, the group let him be a lookout many times. The old man probably couldn't see well and was afraid to lose his place in the group

I thought that was really dumb too.

This show is so inconsistent with its zombie rules. Sometimes they run, other times they walk. Sometimes blood attracts them, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes they make tons of noise, other times they can be ninja zombies and attack in silence. Hell, even in this episode it was inconsistent since that same zombie was making tons of noise trying to get at Carl.

This is about Walking Dead.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Dale was distracted by the moaning cow, which made it so that he did not realize the Walker was close. Basically his mind interpreted all of the noise as coming from the cow. (Imo it was to show that they had become to comfortable/safe at the farm. Dale with a gun is caught off guard by a single walker. Not to mention the irony of saving the other person only to have Dale killed.

I think they also wanted the storyline of Carl feeling responsibility for the death, as it was his shenanigans that resulted in the Walker being freed and coming to the farm.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Dale was distracted by the moaning cow, which made it so that he did not realize the Walker was close. Basically his mind interpreted all of the noise as coming from the cow. (Imo it was to show that they had become to comfortable/safe at the farm. Dale with a gun is caught off guard by a single walker. Not to mention the irony of saving the other person only to have Dale killed.

I think they also wanted the storyline of Carl feeling responsibility for the death, as it was his shenanigans that resulted in the Walker being freed and coming to the farm.

That's a excellent point about them being to comfortable/safe.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)

I don't remember the cow making any noise but i might not have had my tv up loud enough. i think it would have been much better if they would have shown a shot of Dale in the background looking at the cow and have the walker sit up from the tall grass.

Maybe the walker wasn't moaning and screaming was because he had just eaten??? only thing i could come up with.