2012 TV Thread

knightni

I DVR'd The Firm and have been watching it for the past week or so. I'm liking it. However, unless things change, it could have just been any legal show with any characters. The show takes place 10 years after the movie timeline, and although there are mentions of Mitch McDeere's past troubles, the show is more about him getting involved in another conspiracy while taking care of other cases.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 06:37 AM)
MONSTER MONSTER SPOILERS

DO NOT LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT BIG SPOILERS

In the comics, Carl shoots Shane in the head. This actually happens very early in the comics, but the show kept Shane around much longer. I'd guess the Shane vs Rick feud is going to come to a head and that's when Carl will kill him.

I can honestly say that (unless the actor wants to leave) that we will never see that happen. Shane is the most developed character they have. No way the writers would do that.

On another note...i read somewhere that originally Dale was supposed to find a cast member mauled in the field...not a cow but it was changed at the last minute. I wonder who the writers had in mind????

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)

I can honestly say that (unless the actor wants to leave) that we will never see that happen. Shane is the most developed character they have. No way the writers would do that.

On another note...i read somewhere that originally Dale was supposed to find a cast member mauled in the field...not a cow but it was changed at the last minute. I wonder who the writers had in mind????

Shane dies this season. It's already been leaked.

Just watched the season 3 episodes of East Bound and Down, terrible start to the season imo. Not sure if I can keep watching, and that's too bad because I love Kenny and Shane, but the rest of the show has sucked.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
Agreed. The wife picked it up this season, it's actually fun explaining all the characters and their histories with one another.

Justified Renewed for 4th Season

TODAY :headbang

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Yeah, I am through the first hour of the two hour Monday episode. Really good stuff.

It's been solid. I had considered giving up on it, but I'll stick around.

Even The River has me re-interested since they've been GOING SOMEWHERE.

LOL, caught up with The Walking Dead.

Never have I seen a show let storylines run for so long. They couldn't even put Dale out of his misery without Dale having to raise his head to the freaking gun.

That show is so awful. It's legitimately terrible. There is not one interesting storyline that they don't butcher.

Yet, I cannot stop watching. It's fun-bad.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Can't remember if if I've asked before if anyone has watched Downton Abbey? My wife and I are all up to date (through the xmas "movie"). It's strangely addictive. It's a damn soap opera, but I liked the vast majority of it.

Yeah my wife loves it. It is actually really good. To call it a soap opera seems wrong but most dramas on tv are soaps technically. The youngest daughter is smokin.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
Survivor:

Are you kidding me? Screw that I will never root for any guy who went for that. How can they get so many stupid people, id rather quit than agree to something so stupid.

I haven't watched Survivor since like season 5, but I caught the last half of the one last night. That was pretty retarded.

I didn't understand why they were in there. They said it was because Lief betrayed them by telling Bill he was next? What's the big deal? It seems like Bill was on the outside of the group anyway.

And then they don't end up voting for Lief. Was Bill that big of a problem that they couldn't just wait until their next loss to vote him out?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
I haven't watched Survivor since like season 5, but I caught the last half of the one last night. That was pretty retarded.

I didn't understand why they were in there. They said it was because Lief betrayed them by telling Bill he was next? What's the big deal? It seems like Bill was on the outside of the group anyway.

And then they don't end up voting for Lief. Was Bill that big of a problem that they couldn't just wait until their next loss to vote him out?

Colton is just an ignorant jag. I hate guys like Jonas who have no plan but to kiss the butt of people in power.

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
Yeah my wife loves it. It is actually really good. To call it a soap opera seems wrong but most dramas on tv are soaps technically. The youngest daughter is smokin.

I enjoy Downton Abbey. I caught some of the first season and all of the second. Hopefully they'll re-run the whole thing sometime.

And yes, Jessica Brown-Findlay is smoking hot. Actually, she looks out of place on that show.

Edited by flavum

Anybody go thru phases like this...

My little cousin was watching one of those live action shows on Disney and I have to admit, some are kinda funny. Everytime Im flipping around and see one on Disney or Nick, I find myself watching them. I like iCarly and Good Luck, Charlie.

Don't judge me.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
I'm really enjoying Alcatraz.

Enjoy it while you can. It's quickly headed toward cancelation. It's ratings are barely above where FlashForward and V when they got canceled. And it's actually BELOW where Jericho and Terra Nova where when they got canned.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Enjoy it while you can. It's quickly headed toward cancelation. It's ratings are barely above where FlashForward and V when they got canceled. And it's actually BELOW where Jericho and Terra Nova where when they got canned.

Aw man, why did you spoil my fun?