2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That episode was absolute torture for the first 30 minutes, and then great the last 30 minutes.

Thank God we're finally done with the love triangle talks. For anyone that read the comics, was the storyline the same? Did Shane really try to kill Rick?

Also, the inconsistencies/idiocy of this show continue to bother the s*** out of me:

Why did Lori bring up the love triangle thing AGAIN, out of the blue, even though the last two weeks she was afraid of Shane and basically told Rick to kill him? Can this show not go 5 minutes without having to bore the s*** out of the audience with a conversation that's been had 4 times already?

Why was Carl left alone AGAIN? Wasn't everyone rushed into the house before sun down? Wasn't everyone playing lookout at the doors? How on earth would Carl have escaped?

Why would Shane lead Rick to a field within viewing distance of the house to kill him? Seems pretty stupid.

My wife called the whole "they become zombies after they die" thing. She turned to me after Randall (was that the name of their captive?) was a zombie and predicted that the guy at the CDC told Rick that they're all infected. This begs a number of questions, but most importantly, why hasn't anyone else they've lost become zombies? Dale anyone?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Shameless was so good, I love watching Frank trying to get money out of people. When he realized his mom sent all the money to his brothers I was in stitches.

Lip is about to be kneehigh in s*** with kid #2 on the way

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:05 AM)
That episode was absolute torture for the first 30 minutes, and then great the last 30 minutes.

Thank God we're finally done with the love triangle talks. For anyone that read the comics, was the storyline the same? Did Shane really try to kill Rick?

Also, the inconsistencies/idiocy of this show continue to bother the s*** out of me:

Why did Lori bring up the love triangle thing AGAIN, out of the blue, even though the last two weeks she was afraid of Shane and basically told Rick to kill him? Can this show not go 5 minutes without having to bore the s*** out of the audience with a conversation that's been had 4 times already?

Why was Carl left alone AGAIN? Wasn't everyone rushed into the house before sun down? Wasn't everyone playing lookout at the doors? How on earth would Carl have escaped?

Why would Shane lead Rick to a field within viewing distance of the house to kill him? Seems pretty stupid.

My wife called the whole "they become zombies after they die" thing. She turned to me after Randall (was that the name of their captive?) was a zombie and predicted that the guy at the CDC told Rick that they're all infected. This begs a number of questions, but most importantly, why hasn't anyone else they've lost become zombies? Dale anyone?

Who else have they lost? Dale hadn't died before Daryl shot him in the head, thus preventing him from becoming a zombie. The girl did become one. They left the other guy on the side of the road because he

was going to become one. Andrea's sister became one. I'm also unsure that that is what the CDC guy told Rick, as he left Shane there with his brain intact. I would think that he'd shoot him once to be sure. He probably told him about Lori being pregnant.

I'm glad that they're using Dale better in death, though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)

Who else have they lost? Dale hadn't died before Daryl shot him in the head, thus preventing him from becoming a zombie. The girl did become one. They left the other guy on the side of the road because he

was going to become one. Andrea's sister became one. I'm also unsure that that is what the CDC guy told Rick, as he left Shane there with his brain intact. I would think that he'd shoot him once to be sure. He probably told him about Lori being pregnant.

I'm glad that they're using Dale better in death, though.

Hmm, good points. I was also thinking about all the of the dead people (not zombies) in the traffic jam.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
Hmm, good points. I was also thinking about all the of the dead people (not zombies) in the traffic jam.

I read a review that mentioned the same thing. It made me wonder as well.

It could easily be a mistake by the writers, or the people could have been in accidents and had head trauma or something.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)

1. In the comics, Shane's death occurs WAY earlier, right after Rick finds the group. Shane gets a little crazy and points a gun at Rick while they're in the woods. Carl sees this and shoots Shane in the neck, killing him, to protect his dad. There is no huge Shane vs Rick storyline.

2. I have no idea. It's pretty inexplicable how this kid gets loose so often.

3. I think Shane's idea was that he would kill Rick near where he killed Randall, which wasn't too far into the woods. Then his story about Randall shooting Rick and Shane killing him would be a little more believable. Obviously he didn't plan for Randall being a zombie who was gonna get up and roam off. Also, Shane is loony tunes crazy and not particularly smart. Shrug

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)

1. In the comics, Shane's death occurs WAY earlier, right after Rick finds the group. Shane gets a little crazy and points a gun at Rick while they're in the woods. Carl sees this and shoots Shane in the neck, killing him, to protect his dad. There is no huge Shane vs Rick storyline.

2. I have no idea. It's pretty inexplicable how this kid gets loose so often.

3. I think Shane's idea was that he would kill Rick near where he killed Randall, which wasn't too far into the woods. Then his story about Randall shooting Rick and Shane killing him would be a little more believable. Obviously he didn't plan for Randall being a zombie who was gonna get up and roam off. Also, Shane is loony tunes crazy and not particularly smart. Shrug

Yea this.

The whole zombie infection in the living thing is in the comic book too, but I've only read the first Compendium and they don't go into more detail about it in there, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the CDC guy said. Yea Rick didn't kill Shane in the head but Carl was right there and could've made Rick forget, which would be right up the alley of these characters: careless and stupid.

Next episode will probably be them fighting off that wave and then leaving the farm. Next season will introduce new characters, such as Tyreese, and they eventually find the prison. But at some point they are going to have to find an ammo dump or store, because there is no way they could empty a prison or really have much ammo left after that wave of zombies on the farm.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
I read a review that mentioned the same thing. It made me wonder as well.

It could easily be a mistake by the writers, or the people could have been in accidents and had head trauma or something.

I think those people died before they could've been infected. I think the infection took awhile if airborne, but more likely it infected the water supply. Those people probably died in some military bombing or something.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
Shameless was so good, I love watching Frank trying to get money out of people. When he realized his mom sent all the money to his brothers I was in stitches.

Lip is about to be kneehigh in s*** with kid #2 on the way

Glad I saw this in the clutter of black bars.

When I don't think Shameless can go any further, it does, and I love it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
Glad I saw this in the clutter of black bars.

When I don't think Shameless can go any further, it does, and I love it.

The mom(monica) is hot. I have seen that lady in so many movies and shows, and I never realized it until she was all dressed up as a cheerleader

Anybody ever watch the show Jericho that was on a few years ago? I saw both seasons on Netflix and gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it. I guess it got cancelled before the story finished so the writers made season 3 with comic books.

Its about a small fictional town in Kansas that survives after the US is under attack and 23 cities get nuked, for anyone interested.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
Anybody ever watch the show Jericho that was on a few years ago? I saw both seasons on Netflix and gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it. I guess it got cancelled before the story finished so the writers made season 3 with comic books.

Its about a small fictional town in Kansas that survives after the US is under attack and 23 cities get nuked, for anyone interested.

I actually just watched it on Netflix, very solid show, very Lost-esque in some ways it was written.

Overall it was an interesting story line, and it never really got boring which was nice considering it was 45 min long episodes.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)

It was phenomenal. Easily one of my favorite shows ever done. I was so pissed when it was cancelled.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
haha dont get people started on Jericho, a lot of people werent pleased that it got canceled.

Ive got some theories on Walking Dead, but Im going to let them marinate.

Unacceptable. You must share.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
The mom(monica) is hot. I have seen that lady in so many movies and shows, and I never realized it until she was all dressed up as a cheerleader

Yeah, she is pretty sexy. I remembered her from "Twins" with Schwarzenneger.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
It was phenomenal. Easily one of my favorite shows ever done. I was so pissed when it was cancelled.

By any chance did you ever look into the comic books for season 3? I found a site I can get all of them for like $7. I havent been able to locate a cheaper option as of yet.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)
By any chance did you ever look into the comic books for season 3? I found a site I can get all of them for like $7. I havent been able to locate a cheaper option as of yet.

I didn't know Jericho was based on comic books.