2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
I never remember Robin crying so much. She was a pretty big hard ass on Real World season. Guess age and kids can do that.

I just hope anyone but Johnny wins.

She definitely was a hard ass in San Diego, although a bit crazy. It seems like challenge by challenge, she has been mentally deteriorating in front of our eyes. Maybe the breast reduction/plastic surgery destroyed her confidence?

My preferred order of finish:

1. CT/Diem

2. Ty/Emily

DNF: Johnny/Camilla (no $$$ if you don't finish)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Netflix Looking To Strengthen Its Original Programming With ‘Terra Nova’ And ‘The River’

the company has started stretching its boundaries by acquiring original programming for the service. The first was the horror series ‘Hemlock Grove’ from director Eli Roth (‘Hostel’). They are also working on a series from David Fincher (‘Fight Club’) called ‘House of Cards’. Now it appears as if Netflix might be looking to pick up shows that have been canceled by other networks.

Deadline reports today that Netflix is looking into picking up the FOX series ‘Terra Nova’ which was recently canceled, despite fan outcry. Now the powers that be at Netflix are taking a keen eye towards ABC’s ‘The River’ which just aired its season one finale this past Tuesday night. Apparently, the ratings of ‘The River’ haven’t been to ABC’s liking and the show is already facing possible cancellation.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
I think Timothy Olymphant might be a little busy for that now...

I have season 1 of Justified at home on Blockbuster dvds and have been recording season 2 all year. Can't wait to start!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Deadwood.

I recommend Deadwood to everyone I know, especially since I know a lot of people that enjoy Justified. Part of me feels bad doing so, as it has three great, great seasons but when it ends you feel so terrible that you'll never get any more Deadwood episodes.

Thankfully, it's an incredibly rewatchable show. So f***ing brilliant.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
You're dead to me.

Hah. I just don't like how every episode is a story within itself. I prefer shows that don't start with a story/case, and then resolve it at the end of the hour. I think my buddy told me that S3 breaks away from that structure, but I'm still a the beginning of S2. Let me just put it this way, it took me almost 3 weeks to get through 1 season. It took me about 3 days to get through the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad, and about a week to go through the first 4 seasons of Dexter.

I get to the end of each episode and I rarely find myself saying "Oh s***, what is going to happen next!". I usually just watch the show when I am bored in my apartment and want to kill some time.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 01:18 AM)
Hah. I just don't like how every episode is a story within itself. I prefer shows that don't start with a story/case, and then resolve it at the end of the hour. I think my buddy told me that S3 breaks away from that structure, but I'm still a the beginning of S2. Let me just put it this way, it took me almost 3 weeks to get through 1 season. It took me about 3 days to get through the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad, and about a week to go through the first 4 seasons of Dexter.

I get to the end of each episode and I rarely find myself saying "Oh s***, what is going to happen next!". I usually just watch the show when I am bored in my apartment and want to kill some time.

That's why I never got into Justified. I know it changed eventually, but I had already stopped watching by that point.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 01:34 AM)
I really miss Season 1 of community, the characters are all annoying and over the top now especially Jeff and Britta.... they were great 1st season now....

I think the last two episodes have been pretty top notch.

30 Rock continues to kill it. Not sure if it is trendy to hate that show now but I think it is great.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
That's why I never got into Justified. I know it changed eventually, but I had already stopped watching by that point.

It changed? It's been the same since the show started. And by that I mean brilliant. There's obviously 90% of the story that carries over from episode to episode, and sometimes you have a single episode arc. Season 3 has been all story building and completely brilliant.

Even in the pilot, the case helped build for the future.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
It changed? It's been the same since the show started. And by that I mean brilliant. There's obviously 90% of the story that carries over from episode to episode, and sometimes you have a single episode arc. Season 3 has been all story building and completely brilliant.

Even in the pilot, the case helped build for the future.

For at least the first half of season one, it was (seemingly) a procedural police drama where the main character happens to get into a draw at some point each episode. That's why I stopped watching, but apparently they started to carry over storylines as soon as I decided to give it up :lol:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
For at least the first half of season one, it was (seemingly) a procedural police drama where the main character happens to get into a draw at some point each episode. That's why I stopped watching, but apparently they started to carry over storylines as soon as I decided to give it up :lol:

This same thing happened with me. I started watching when it first came on the air and I thought it was good, but didn't think it was anything special. The first 6 (or so) episodes were all episode-to-episode, and while they were entertaining, they weren't enough to differentiate themselves from any other good TV show IMO. I stopped watching at that point.

Of course, toward the end of season 1, they brought back Boyd and really started developing the main storyline, which was great. Season 2 was absolutely fantastic about this, and season 3 has done a good job so far as well. I got caught up on it after the end of season 2 and am glad that I did.

All of this being said: Deadwood is still a much, much better show and I would trade never having another episode of Justified again if it meant I got one more season of Deadwood :(

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 01:18 AM)

FX shows tend to do that sometimes until they grow a little bit. I know the Shield started the same way.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Anybody been watching Eastbound & Down? It feels like this season just keep getting worse & worse.

I stopped after the first few, just wasn't that funny anymore.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
I stopped after the first few, just wasn't that funny anymore.

That's how I felt in the first season. Overload on cussing and vulgarity gets old fast.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
FX shows tend to do that sometimes until they grow a little bit. I know the Shield started the same way.

Probably to establish characters before getting into long storylines. That is what NBC is doing with AWAKE, I believe. They are even airing episodes out of order to accomodate that method.

Mad Men....

Edited by Brian