2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 05:29 AM)
Yeah I like it but i'm 4 or 5 episodes behind. Being on a friday is tough for me to ever see live. It's a good show though, hopefully it's around for more seasons

It was picked up for a 2nd season.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
Shameless just gets better and better. That was quite the emotional lead in to the season finale.

And just think, we were jazzed about Rossum getting nekked all the time, and that has been pretty much nonexistant, lol.

That show has me sucked in, each character has such unique depth. They all love and hate Frank and Monica so much.....

Lip is by far my favorite character

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
And just think, we were jazzed about Rossum getting nekked all the time, and that has been pretty much nonexistant, lol.

That show has me sucked in, each character has such unique depth. They all love and hate Frank and Monica so much.....

Lip is by far my favorite character

Shameless is one of the few shows where I watch the opening credits. That song gets stuck in my head.

You summed it up pretty well.

I remember seeing the commercials when the show first aired and recognized Lip from a cellular phone commercial. Who would know that the kid would be playing one of the best characters on TV.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Game of Thrones=awesome

I'm tempted to get HBO again, but I might just wait, re-up for a month and bust through them marathon style.

Since nothing else is on right now, I started up Borgias, the Showtime period drama about the Vatican/Pope. It's basically on the same level as The Tudor's - cool costume's, lots of TnA, some political intrigue. Not great but worth the watch.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
I'm tempted to get HBO again, but I might just wait, re-up for a month and bust through them marathon style.

Since nothing else is on right now, I started up Borgias, the Showtime period drama about the Vatican/Pope. It's basically on the same level as The Tudor's - cool costume's, lots of TnA, some political intrigue. Not great but worth the watch.

I'm 7 epi's deep in 3 days. Just a great show.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
I'm 7 epi's deep in 3 days. Just a great show.

I can see why some people like GOT, but I stopped after 5 episodes last year. Just not my type of material.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
Bananas is just small enough to float through the snow while CT sank to the bottom.

I loved when Emily asked Ty if he wanted her to carry the log.

Emily's my girl. That last night, was brutal. Almost too much.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
I kept thinking that CT was gonna turn it up right when Camilla and Bananas caught up to him and that he would be able to beat Camilla because she looked gassed too.

Camilla was smart to keep that pick ax as a cane. Anyone else notice it looked like she has mouth herpes or something on her confessional stuff?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
From the sounds of it, this CT guy is the San Jose Sharks of whatever show it is you guys watch. Always a favorite, never bringing it home.

To be fair to him, he had to carry Wes through the finale last time, literally carry.

Its not that hes been the favorite and always choked, he normally completely dominates everyone but is held back by weak teammates. This is the first time he was in a position where he wouldnt be limited by a weak team and he single handily lost the final for him and his partner.

Filming started this week...

http://collider.com/bryan-cranston-breakin...terview/154476/

Bryan Cranston Talks BREAKING BAD Season 5, Directing an Episode of MODERN FAMILY, and More

by Christina Radish Posted:March 23rd, 2012 at 10:00 am

When you’re playing a character like Walter White on Breaking Bad, that you get to come back to repeatedly, is there any difference for you, in that process, then when you have a character that you’re playing just one time in a film?

CRANSTON: Yeah, very much. I’m so excited. I finish Get A Job on Thursday night, after two weeks, and I’m on a plane on Friday morning. I’ll buzz my head over the weekend, and be in front of the cameras on Breaking Bad on Monday.

Rian Johnson (Brick) is super-excited to be coming back to direct an episode this season.

CRANSTON: Good, I’m glad he was set. We were talking and trying to get him to come back. He deserves to come back. He’s a really terrific filmmaker, but that’s not enough. You have to fit in. As I get older and I’m leading casts, and producing a show and being a part of that, it truly is, “How are they to be with for 13 or 14 hours a day?” I won’t stand to be with someone who yells at me, or yells at other people. Life’s too short. I go to work because I love to work, but if someone’s abusive, that’s the end of that. I’m not into that.

Are you looking to direct another episode?

CRANSTON: Yeah, I will.

bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-season-5Is it different for you to direct your own cast, as opposed to when you’re the guest director on another show?

CRANSTON: There’s a clear, distinctive difference between directing TV and directing film. When you’re directing film, you are the person who sets the tone, the style, the pace and the relationship with the actors. With those actors, you’re creating those characters with them because you’re guiding the nuances of that. And then, it’s over and you all go your separate ways, and you get to go into editing and finesse it. An actor, in that case, unless you’re a superstar and you have all the power, you’re basically a hired hand.

In television, you are a guest of the crew. You’re not even a member of the crew, really. You come in, you prep for a week, you shoot for a week and you’re gone. When I did Modern Family, I wasn’t there to say, “I’m going to change these characters!” No. You are there to follow the system. I feel that, when I direct TV, I need to give my showrunner what he or she needs. I’m not about to tell the actors, “Yeah, change that point of view.” But, I can suggest maybe downplaying that color right now because it’s really going to come in later on, in the story. You can maneuver, but you’re not going to wholesale change anyone.

And then, it’s a real success, if you look back and go, “There were three, four, five or six ideas that I put in, that are clearly mine, that stayed in the show.” Then, you’ve done a good job. And, you have to bring a good attitude and pace yourself, so that the studio doesn’t go, “He’s killing us! We’re not going to finish. Now, we’ve got to have an extra day.” Then, you’re really shooting yourself in the foot. The pace of television is different then it is in features.