2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
Giving Betty cancer and killing her off wouldn't be the worst thing for Mad Men. She brings the show down so much.

Did Betty's husband say Romney is an idiot during the first phonecall when they thought Betty's doctor was calling.... if so that's not very subtle.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
I have never enjoyed a show quite like Game of Thrones before; it's so original. What I mean by this is that every scene has so much f***ing weight to it. I have no idea how even HBO can have a budget to produce episode after episode of such a fantastic tv show, even if it's not tv and it's HBO.

Watching the first episode of the new season threw me right back into this story. I wish I could just always be watching Game of Thrones.

Yes, and you don't have to worry about the show jumping the shark or the writers painting themselves into a corner because the story is already written for them and known to be good.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
Stoked for GOT to be back, obviously more of a starter episode as not too much happened but moving along some of the story lines.

Just watched it now, Joffre's got the whole "I'm a PRICK" routine down pretty well.

Peter Dinklage is now the lead actor from the credits also it appears.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
I have never enjoyed a show quite like Game of Thrones before; it's so original. What I mean by this is that every scene has so much f***ing weight to it. I have no idea how even HBO can have a budget to produce episode after episode of such a fantastic tv show, even if it's not tv and it's HBO.

Watching the first episode of the new season threw me right back into this story. I wish I could just always be watching Game of Thrones.

Start reading the books. Even more information to it. I'm half way through the second book and it's great

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 06:31 AM)
Just watched it now, Joffre's got the whole "I'm a PRICK" routine down pretty well.

Peter Dinklage is now the lead actor from the credits also it appears.

Yea, Im reading the first book now and Joffrey's actor does a great job there.

Tyrion is the hand of the king now, and Peter has been quoted saying that he has a huge part this season, so that makes sense.

I still miss Sean Bean though, such a good actor for shows like GOT, he just looks/acts the part so well.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 11:55 AM)
I dont believe the book series has actually been finished yet.

I'm fairly afraid it will never be finished. The last two took 5 years to get written and GRRM isn't necessarily in the best of shape.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
I'm fairly afraid it will never be finished. The last two took 5 years to get written and GRRM isn't necessarily in the best of shape.

Apparently 200 pages of the 6th book are complete at the moment. And GRRM has stated he does not expect the series to overtake the books

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Apparently 200 pages of the 6th book are complete at the moment. And GRRM has stated he does not expect the series to overtake the books

The guy kept making promises of completing the last two as well. Also 200 of an at least 1000 page book is only 1/5th of it and it's been almost a year now since the last one was released.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)

Short of the 3rd, 4th and 5th books being turned into multiple seasons (possible given the length of the books), there is no way in hell that Martin finishes 6 and 7 before HBO catches up (it took something like 7 years for Martin to finish the fifth book). According to Wikipedia, Martin said the 6th book is 200 pages in and should be ready in TWO OR THREE YEARS. Given that timeframe, 6 will be finished when the 4th or 5th seasons are airing on HBO.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
Short of the 3rd, 4th and 5th books being turned into multiple seasons (possible given the length of the books), there is no way in hell that Martin finishes 6 and 7 before HBO catches up (it took something like 7 years for Martin to finish the fifth book). According to Wikipedia, Martin said the 6th book is 200 pages in and should be ready in TWO OR THREE YEARS. Given that timeframe, 6 will be finished when the 4th or 5th seasons are airing on HBO.

You don't HAVE to do one season per year. Curb is totally different but he does a season every two years, or something close to it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
You don't HAVE to do one season per year. Curb is totally different but he does a season every two years, or something close to it.

There were rumors that book 3 (Storm of Swords) would be seasons 3 AND 4 of the tv show. Buys GRRM another year.

On my way to Arizona so figured I would go back o WEEDS after giving up on it after a few episodes last season. Started up where I left off on the Showtime app on new iPad and it has gotten better. It may have reeled me back in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
On my way to Arizona so figured I would go back o WEEDS after giving up on it after a few episodes last season. Started up where I left off on the Showtime app on new iPad and it has gotten better. It may have reeled me back in.

About to start season 3. Heard it goes a bit downhill from here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
About to start season 3. Heard it goes a bit downhill from here.

Steep, steep hill. Although Season 7 sort of gets back on track.