2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
Short of the 3rd, 4th and 5th books being turned into multiple seasons (possible given the length of the books), there is no way in hell that Martin finishes 6 and 7 before HBO catches up (it took something like 7 years for Martin to finish the fifth book). According to Wikipedia, Martin said the 6th book is 200 pages in and should be ready in TWO OR THREE YEARS. Given that timeframe, 6 will be finished when the 4th or 5th seasons are airing on HBO.

I don't know how they're going to handle the children aging over the years it'll take to complete the series on TV.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
I don't know how they're going to handle the children aging over the years it'll take to complete the series on TV.

Keep filming as much as they can now, I think it'd be better for them anyways to not release a season every year, it's done well enough that they can release it faster.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
Keep filming as much as they can now, I think it'd be better for them anyways to not release a season every year, it's done well enough that they can release it faster.

But it's going to be a good 7 years at least before the 7th book is issued. Unless GMMR really starts speeding up the timeline in his books, they'll have to do something about Bran going on 20.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
So, Justified was pretty awesome last night.

Most definitely. But I think I've been saying that every week now.

I'm betting Arlo gets killed off in the next episode. He's not too important of a character (I haven't watched seasons 1 or 2 yet, but at least in season 3 he isn't), but he's important enough where they can get a big "wow" factor from killing him off. Plus, it might f*** with Raylan a little more.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Most definitely. But I think I've been saying that every week now.

I'm betting Arlo gets killed off in the next episode. He's not too important of a character (I haven't watched seasons 1 or 2 yet, but at least in season 3 he isn't), but he's important enough where they can get a big "wow" factor from killing him off. Plus, it might f*** with Raylan a little more.

Unlike you, i wouldn't be able to pick up a series like justified at season three without watching 1 and 2 first. Season 1 is decent, and its more of character development, season 2 was incredible, season 3 has been awesome.

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Unlike you, i wouldn't be able to pick up a series like justified at season three without watching 1 and 2 first. Season 1 is decent, and its more of character development, season 2 was incredible, season 3 has been awesome.

I think this is actually the only show I've ever done that with. Usually it would annoy me too much

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 03:55 AM)
This is the dumbest group of males in the history of Survivor.

I'm actually quite pleased that the females are actually being smart for once. Normally it's always so obvious when to start getting rid of the guys and they wait too long. This time, they're being smart.

Remember, you have the unique ability to know what everyone is thinking. These dudes thought they had a lock-stock alliance; they don't know the women were planning on abandoning the previous tribes and going to Lady Town.

This season has been so much better than the last two, and that's because there's been no returning Survivor bulls*** where everyone is thrown off their game, and no awful Redemption Island. I am glad that Survivor is back to being awesome.

Finally watched the season 2 premier of The Killing. I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. Maybe it's because it's weaknesses are nowhere near as bad as Walking Dead which just ended. This show actually seems more tolerable in comparison.

Finally watched last week's Killing premiere. I liked it, definitely better than last season. Much tighter.

I still think Holder is actually a good guy, and that was seemingly confirmed in his conversation with that Gil guy at the end. It seems like he's working for Internal Affairs to take someone down? And now the chief, who lied about the backpack, is suddenly gone?

And I was wondering if Stan would head back to his mob friends...looks like he is. And the whole Stan/Terri/Mitch thing is weird. I could see Mitch not coming back on the show at all, and it seems like Terri wants to get with Stan. Craziness.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Yeah, I liked it...Starz doesn't mess around with the nudity and sex scenes...

Stevie's going to be in deep s*** this season. f***ing the mob boss's wife like that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
Mad Men has me disinterested for some reason.

That was odd last night. I watch Mad Men and enjoy it, although most of the time I do know what is going on. Ha.

I read Sepinwall the morning after to clear things up. I think that is just my routine for that show in particular.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Over the past 6 months I have watched all of Mad Men and the first three seasons of Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. That is some good television there.

Any idea how I can get SOA season 4 and Breaking Bad season 4.

Probably buy on iTunes. Go to sidereel.com to look up streams and choose the ones on megavideo. Only problem with that is you can watch 90 minutes at a time than have to go away for another 90 minutes. Not sure if that is just to control traffic but their quality is the best.