2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They basically only touched on the Khalisi story line for a second in the episode which has been a major focus of the last several. They only really focused on the building tension between Stark, the iron islands, and the two baratheons. My favorite part of the episode was when Tyrion asserted his power and ran off the captain of the city army (not sure the name). Oh Rob Stark's page returning to the iron islands and fingering his sister was ridiculous.

I really need to read these books, the plot is just awesome.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Over the past 6 months I have watched all of Mad Men and the first three seasons of Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. That is some good television there.

Any idea how I can get SOA season 4 and Breaking Bad season 4.

Breaking Bad season 4 I watched on xbox. There is some app on there that has shows (not hulu).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)

They basically only touched on the Khalisi story line for a second in the episode which has been a major focus of the last several. They only really focused on the building tension between Stark, the iron islands, and the two baratheons. My favorite part of the episode was when Tyrion asserted his power and ran off the captain of the city army (not sure the name). Oh Rob Stark's page returning to the iron islands and fingering his sister was ridiculous.

Oh, I thought you were saying there was a storyline from the books that they cut out, not that they just didn't manage to fit Dany into this episode. That's no spoiler.

The Commander of the Watch is named Janos Slynt.

Not really a spoiler, just a note and a difference from the books regarding Tyrion/Slynt:

In the book, Tyrion doesn't appoint Bronn as Commander of the Watch, he appoints a different guy named Jacelyn Bywater. I imagine the change was just to reduce the number of characters.

Also, Slynt was leaving the city anyway (he was given a lordship), but sending him off to The Wall was punishment from Tyrion because he thought the guy was an a-hole (child-killing and all).

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)

From the book (not really a spolier either):

Daenerys doesn't appear much in the beginning of the book so that could explain it.

And if you're referring to Theon, in the book he actually fondles his sister's breasts before he knew who she was.

And yes, read the books. I'm 100 pages into the 3rd book and I can't put them down

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
And yes, read the books. I'm 100 pages into the 3rd book and I can't put them down

Same. Decided I couldn't wait 5+ years to find out what happens to these characters.

The books are real quick reads. They're broken into short 10-20 page chapters centered around one character which translate almost perfectly into a scene on the show.

The only downside is when you turn to a new chapter and the title is a character you don't care for. "Oh boy, a Sansa chapter..."

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Same. Decided I couldn't wait 5+ years to find out what happens to these characters.

The books are real quick reads. They're broken into short 10-20 page chapters centered around one character which translate almost perfectly into a scene on the show.

The only downside is when you turn to a new chapter and the title is a character you don't care for. "Oh boy, a Sansa chapter..."

Im halfway through the second book and the Davos and Sansa chapters are the worst, other than that it's fantastic. Though I am tiring of Catelyn and want a different perspective, I've read the line "But that won't bring back Ned" enough.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
From the book (not really a spolier either):

Daenerys doesn't appear much in the beginning of the book so that could explain it.

And if you're referring to Theon, in the book he actually fondles his sister's breasts before he knew who she was.

You'll be able to put them down after the third one. It took me a month each to get through the 4th and 5th books.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 07:44 AM)
You'll be able to put them down after the third one. It took me a month each to get through the 4th and 5th books.

I'm in the same boat. I read one and two in about a week apiece, took me like 4 months to finish three, and i've been on book 4 for almost a year. It's so tough when 50% of the book are characters that I find incredibly boring. I come back to it every now and again and read a chapter, but at this point i've forgotten a lot of what was going on so who knows if i'll ever finish them.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Im halfway through the second book and the Davos and Sansa chapters are the worst, other than that it's fantastic. Though I am tiring of Catelyn and want a different perspective, I've read the line "But that won't bring back Ned" enough.

Davos is a bad ass!

Also, finally caught up on Sunday's Mad Men and The Killing. Mad Men was better I thought. The Don bedroom scene resulted in a good "what?! did that really just happen?" reaction. Also another good scene with Peggy/Roger. Love that even though he's a named partner no one really views him as a threatening figure anymore. The Joan storyline was a little slow, but still sort of cringe-worthy at times. Ultimately what happened seemed pretty predictable. Now it's time to rope Roger back into that story. It was interesting to talk to some of my older co-workers this morning about their memories of the Chicago nurse murders. I think that episode would have resonated pretty well with them if they had watched the show.

The Killing. Meh. Is it better? Yes. Is it still boring as sin with little to know plot progress? Yes. Not really understanding Holder's dilemma. He got used because he's a junky. But it's not like he willfully did anything wrong. He was duped, and he's got the one honest cop in Seattle as his partner that clearly understands something fishy is going on. Why wouldn't you want to find out who was running that whole scam and take him/her down (in addition to finding Rosie's killer)? Stan's wife and her storyline make no sense to me whatsoever. I tuned out during all of that. I watch this show so I can participate in my website's podcast/show review post (www.stewover.com plug!), otherwise I really wouldn't waste my time with it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)

Also, never kiss a prostitute.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
I'm glad he said this. I'm still annoyed at the fact they called them a "Northern Kentucky Family" in one episode of the Simpsons. I like the confusion.

If you want to be pissy about it you could just say imagine in that Behind the Music episode (one of their best) that the actors were from Kentucky, but the family they portrayed didn't live there.

Justified is over, and I am sad for this. The season finale was, of course, very good. I wish things would have lasted another 10 episodes at the rate the season was going. Arlo saves Boyd to end it, which is fitting. I'm about as elated as Raylan to never have to see Arlo, again.

Johnny is in for a rude awakening when Boyd comes back. There should be some interesting power play going on there in season 4. I did not see his betrayal of Boyd coming, yet, probably should have given their past. Also, obviously there will be more Limehouse next year.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
The Biggest Loser should be interesting next week....

Last night was the first episode I watched this season and saw previews. I thought next season was when they walked off.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Last night was the first episode I watched this season and saw previews. I thought next season was when they walked off.

They walk off the show? Well good luck with your fatness and early death.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
They walk off the show? Well good luck with your fatness and early death.

They have all lost massive amounts thus far and have the knowledge to go on their own probably. I'm curious why they walk off.

Saw the pilot for "B in Apr 23" online. It has it's moments. I'll watch to see where it goes. The girl that was on Breaking Bad is pretty good but Van Der Beek is pretty stale.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
They have all lost massive amounts thus far and have the knowledge to go on their own probably. I'm curious why they walk off.

Saw the pilot for "B in Apr 23" online. It has it's moments. I'll watch to see where it goes. The girl that was on Breaking Bad is pretty good but Van Der Beek is pretty stale.

Is there a stat for how many people go on that show and gain it all back? It easy to lose weight in an environment like a camp away from your family and whatnot, its another thing to go back to reality where you have to get your ass to a gym, shop for yourself and deal with enablers all around you.