2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
Is there a stat for how many people go on that show and gain it all back? It easy to lose weight in an environment like a camp away from your family and whatnot, its another thing to go back to reality where you have to get your ass to a gym, shop for yourself and deal with enablers all around you.

I think a couple have gained massive amounts back. I'm assuming most put some back on. Only natural.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
The Justified season finale airs and you girls are talking about The Biggest Loser.

As Wynn Duffy yelled, "Jesus Christ!"

I found cheap copies of Season 1 and 2 online so should catch up soon when they come.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
The Justified season finale airs and you girls are talking about The Biggest Loser.

As Wynn Duffy yelled, "Jesus Christ!"

This. Great finale.

Wasn't it Errol who shot Quarles? Shouldn't he have been gone already? Wonder how that will play out (in addition to what you mentioned with Johnny and Limehouse).

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
This. Great finale.

Wasn't it Errol who shot Quarles? Shouldn't he have been gone already? Wonder how that will play out (in addition to what you mentioned with Johnny and Limehouse).

Errol noticed Raylan in the van when he drove by leaving nobles holler. Obviously rung an alarm in his head..."maybe i should check this out"

Just watched finale....i just restarted it, and im watching it again. Awesome episode, awesome season.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)
Errol noticed Raylan in the van when he drove by leaving nobles holler. Obviously rung an alarm in his head..."maybe i should check this out"

Wow, I was clearly not paying attention there.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
Wow, I was clearly not paying attention there.

Yeah, it was a brief shot. Raylan was driving by (obviously Quarles had the gun on him but was ducked down low). Errol looks at him with a hilarious puzzled expression, and Raylan gave him some eyes.

It was classic.

Sepinwall's review pointed out something I hadn't put together - the 2nd gun Quarles took off of Raylan was the one Quarles used to shoot Gary. That's why Raylan said "you can keep that one" as well as why he wasn't surprised that they found the gun to shot Gary on Quarles one-armed body.

I might just re-watch the entire series this summer for fun. I know I am going to read the book that was recently released by the original creator of the story that mimicks the character furthered by Olyphant.

Raylan: A Novel

Elmore Leonard has also written and directed episodes of the show. Basically, this book is going to be a new readable season. F*ck yes. I'll let you idiots know how it is.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Yeah, it was a brief shot. Raylan was driving by (obviously Quarles had the gun on him but was ducked down low). Errol looks at him with a hilarious puzzled expression, and Raylan gave him some eyes.

It was classic.

Sepinwall's review pointed out something I hadn't put together - the 2nd gun Quarles took off of Raylan was the one Quarles used to shoot Gary. That's why Raylan said "you can keep that one" as well as why he wasn't surprised that they found the gun to shot Gary on Quarles one-armed body.

I might just re-watch the entire series this summer for fun. I know I am going to read the book that was recently released by the original creator of the story that mimicks the character furthered by Olyphant.

Elmore Leonard has also written and directed episodes of the show. Basically, this book is going to be a new readable season. F*ck yes. I'll let you idiots know how it is.

went and bought the new olen steinhauer book and saw the Raylan novel. So i bought that as well. Will read when i need a fix of justified

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)

It was classic.

That season was just so epic, it really deserves atleast a second viewing.

Watching the Justified season ender i couldn't help but chuckle as i thought to myself "Mr. Quarles can't catch a break....first he's got Marshall Givins on his case...and then he goes and kidnaps Vic Mackey's old lady. haha"

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 06:24 AM)
Watching the Justified season ender i couldn't help but chuckle as i thought to myself "Mr. Quarles can't catch a break....first he's got Marshall Givins on his case...and then he goes and kidnaps Vic Mackey's old lady. haha"

Haha too bad Mackey is at a desk job now.

Kind of a dumb ending for Eastbound and Down. It seemed really abrupt. "Hey all the sudden the Texas closer is dead, you pitched 1 good inning recently, so you get the call up". Seemed way to forced I guess.

I am glad, however, that April pointed out that he could have just quit, or her and Toby could have gone to Texas. Because when they revealed he faked his death, I was rolling my eyes to the fact that his only solution would be to fake his death. Still weird though.

Watching Thursday's episode of Awake right now, and here in my question.

Who was his partner before the accident? I just remembered that his boss is the same from both lives, but his partners are different. The black guy seems to have been his partner before the accident because he just asked him about a case they were working on when he got in the accident. And in the other life, he said he was given a rookie partner (Wilmer Valdarama), because they wanted to give him a partner who would agree with him and bite the bullet about having to deal w/ a possibly distraught cop.

So wouldn't the fact that he has all these memories with his black partner prove that THAT life is the real one? Did they ever say what happened to his partner in the other life? Was it also the black guy, but he he quit or was moved elsewhere, and Wilmer became the new partner? This show is good, but sometimes I start to confuse myself.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
"I'm married to Alison Brie but I'm gonna go to a whorehouse and bang a girl who looks under age like the girl I tried to pick up in driving school but ditched me for a guy her age."

But she wanted to service him like he was a king! Can't fault the guy for that.

roger-sterling-s4-590.jpeg

The Roger Sterling Eight-Step Guide To Closing The Deal:

1. Take the prospective client to dinner, on the company tab, in hopes of getting him to reveal the correct answer to the RFP.

2. Lying won't get you anywhere. You think it will, but it won't.

3. Order a Scotch rocks and water. Drink half of it, then wait until it turns see-through.

4. Order another round. Smile and sit there like you've got no place to go.

5. Get mega-s***faced and just talk about whatever.

6. ???

7. Hookers.

8. Check for chewing gum on the pubis.