2012 TV Thread

knightni

So...

Parks & Rec - better. Still too much campaign. Andy smashing the pie in Jerry's face was funny. The "b" plot with the vans was pretty meh.

The Killing -

did they really kill Holder? Why wouldn't the chief be the prime suspect that Linden would go after? Seems like an overly ballsy move on her (the chief's) part. Even the assault seems way, way too risky. Though it was on indian land , so maybe she doesn't have jurisdiction?

Mad Men - return of Creepy Pete! Also liked that Peggy and Don finally had it out, and then the camera panned to the one remaining Kraft (or whatever company) employee still in the test kitchen. Anyone else feel like Pete's transformation from energetic city dweller to castrated suburbanite is a little quick? I mean it was what, two years?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
So...

Mad Men - return of Creepy Pete! Also liked that Peggy and Don finally had it out, and then the camera panned to the one remaining Kraft (or whatever company) employee still in the test kitchen. Anyone else feel like Pete's transformation from energetic city dweller to castrated suburbanite is a little quick? I mean it was what, two years?

I laughed when i saw the head Cool Whip guy and realized it was Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell. Man, that guy has gotten huge.

also it took me a minute to place Pete's latest conquest as Alexis Bidel (sp?) from Gilmore Girls.....

QUOTE (juddling @ May 7, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
I laughed when i saw the head Cool Whip guy and realized it was Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell. Man, that guy has gotten huge.

also it took me a minute to place Pete's latest conquest as Alexis Bidel (sp?) from Gilmore Girls.....

Yeah, everyone is s***ting on her performance. I wasn't wowed, but I also didn't find it distracting like some TV critics.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Watched the first three episodes of VEEP. I like it. Short, fast, and good dialogue. Nice to see the girl from My Girl working.

I'm out on GIRLS. The show, not the species.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 8, 2012 -> 02:52 AM)
Come on Borgias, why does every show I watch have to end up having scenes with dudes banging!

I'm really loving S2 though. The storyline w/ Lucrezia and Julia and the mom is kind of boring me. But I love Cesare and Micoletto (sp?) going around kicking ass.

They know what you want to watch... :huh

;)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
The Killing -

did they really kill Holder? Why wouldn't the chief be the prime suspect that Linden would go after? Seems like an overly ballsy move on her (the chief's) part. Even the assault seems way, way too risky. Though it was on indian land , so maybe she doesn't have jurisdiction?

Yeah, seemed oddly risky to me too.

I mean, he IS a cop, and I mean, he IS a cop, and by answering the phone she gave away to Linden what was going on. Didn't add up. By answering the phone she gave away to Linden what was going on. Didn't add up.

In other news, we got no closer to getting an answer about who done it. The writer said that this case gets wrapped up in S2 and a new case starts. I'll be sorely disappointed if that means this gets solved with 10 minutes left of the S2 finale, and then in the final minutes they show the beginning of the next case.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 8, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
Come on Borgias, why does every show I watch have to end up having scenes with dudes banging!

I'm really loving S2 though. The storyline w/ Lucrezia and Julia and the mom is kind of boring me. But I love Cesare and Micoletto (sp?) going around kicking ass.

I thought the same thing. Every major drama now HAS to have a gay storyline. And this one didn't even make sense. That was incestual right? Or was he just a family friend?

Season 2 has been better than one for sure.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 8, 2012 -> 03:18 AM)
Yeah, seemed oddly risky to me too.

I mean, he IS a cop, and I mean, he IS a cop, and by answering the phone she gave away to Linden what was going on. Didn't add up. By answering the phone she gave away to Linden what was going on. Didn't add up.

In other news, we got no closer to getting an answer about who done it. The writer said that this case gets wrapped up in S2 and a new case starts. I'll be sorely disappointed if that means this gets solved with 10 minutes left of the S2 finale, and then in the final minutes they show the beginning of the next case.

Clearly Holder isn't dead. He was just getting the s*** kicked out of him since Linden had already used up the verbal warning.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 8, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
Clearly Holder isn't dead. He was just getting the s*** kicked out of him since Linden had already used up the verbal warning.

I'm sure he's not dead, but Linden (and Holder) know what happened, and they're cops. Why would The Chief do something so stupid and risk being charged?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:53 AM)
I thought the same thing. Every major drama now HAS to have a gay storyline. And this one didn't even make sense. That was incestual right? Or was he just a family friend?

Season 2 has been better than one for sure.

I thought it was incest until Mikoletto said "this is where my father is buried" or some s*** like that, so it made me think maybe they didn't share the same father. Could have half brothers I guess. I didn't really pick up on why that guy was with his mom.

thanks.

yeah i auditioned yesterday for the casting director, got the call today, and am going in again tomorrow to audition for the executive producer/lead writer/creator Terence Winter

very small part - a paraplegic WW1 vet - but damn if that wouldn't be awesome. :)

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 9, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
thanks.

yeah i auditioned yesterday for the casting director, got the call today, and am going in again tomorrow to audition for the executive producer/lead writer/creator Terence Winter

very small part - a paraplegic WW1 vet - but damn if that wouldn't be awesome. :)

Good luck man, that would be sweet!

Link

You have GOT to me kidding me. If Parks and Rec gets canceled I don't know what I'll do.

Start preparing yourself for life without Liz Lemon, Jack Donaghy, Leslie Knope, Ron Swanson and whoever's in "Community."

The struggling Peacock network is taking a new direction with its primetime lineup, and that means cleaning house. Until this week, the once-dominant network had been suspiciously mum on its plans for next season. That all changed with a giant info dump from NBC execs which included the fates of veteran sitcoms “30 Rock,” “Community” and “Parks and Recreation.”

All three critical darlings will be given abbreviated “send off” seasons followed by immediate termination. Despite receiving generally favorable reviews, NBC’s long-running Thursday comedy lineup has never garnered stellar ratings. The limited order of 13 episodes for each show must have seen like a good compromise solution for the network that has seen itself slide from first to fourth place over the last decade.

The Peacock plans to add several new sitcoms to its roster to replace the old guard. A network spokesperson confirmed that Matthew Perry’s “Go On,” Anne Heche’s “Save Me,” Ryan Murphy’s “The New Normal,” Bill Pullman’s “1600 Penn” and Justin Kirk’s “Animal practice have all been picked up by NBC. Only time will tell which pilots actually earn a spot on the mid-season schedule.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 10, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Stop watching NBC? I'm sure the replacements will be garbage like most sitcoms

If Parks gets moved to another station I would easily continue following it.