2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The premise is fine, but a lot of what I saw after was dumb. Seems like something that could be very good if done well, but I doubt it is. Plus Abrams means lots of long drawn out stories usually.

Anyone catch an episodes of United Stats of American yet? I love it. First of all, I watch a lot of Discovery and History channel shows. I think they do a great job, but this one is not only cool and interesting stats and about America, but it's hosted by the Sklar brothers, who are pretty funny. I've found myself laughing out loud quite a few times during the show.

I believe both episodes are online now.

http://www.history.com/shows/united-stats-of-america

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 17, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
Anyone catch an episodes of United Stats of American yet? I love it. First of all, I watch a lot of Discovery and History channel shows. I think they do a great job, but this one is not only cool and interesting stats and about America, but it's hosted by the Sklar brothers, who are pretty funny. I've found myself laughing out loud quite a few times during the show.

I believe both episodes are online now.

http://www.history.com/shows/united-stats-of-america

I watched the first, and have the second on my DVR. Not bad so far.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2012 -> 07:26 AM)
I stopped watching in the beginning of the season. What was it?

Barney gets engaged to Quin the stripper, but then they foreshadow to his wedding and show that the bride will be Robin.

Ted calls his ex Victoria and they meet up. It's her wedding day and she's in her wedding dress, but instead of her going back to the church, together they "drive off in the sunset" holding hands.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)

Barney gets engaged to Quin the stripper, but then they foreshadow to his wedding and show that the bride will be Robin.

Ted calls his ex Victoria and they meet up. It's her wedding day and she's in her wedding dress, but instead of her going back to the church, together they "drive off in the sunset" holding hands.

So were they suggesting that Victoria is the mother?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)

So were they suggesting that Victoria is the mother?

I don't think so, because every 'clue' that has been dropped suggests Victoria can't be the mother. IIRC, Ted meets the mother at the wedding. So it's probably just another relationship to watch Ted bumble over and make a fool of himself. Which stopped being funny several seasons ago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 17, 2012 -> 07:15 AM)

I don't think so, because every 'clue' that has been dropped suggests Victoria can't be the mother. IIRC, Ted meets the mother at the wedding. So it's probably just another relationship to watch Ted bumble over and make a fool of himself. Which stopped being funny several seasons ago.

Is next season the last for HIMYM or are there 2 left? I remember reading it had two left at some point.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
Is next season the last for HIMYM or are there 2 left? I remember reading it had two left at some point.

Wiki only mentions that they have signed on for an 8th season. I can't imagine there being two more, it's already been stretched out so far as it is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
Anyone check out NBC's "Revolution" trailer? Looks pretty good, though I'm sure they'll screw it up like they did Terra Nova (i.e., a good long adventure/mystery story idea turns into week-to-week procedural).

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

"Gus" being the bad guy can only help a television show...so I will watch this. Hope I'm not disappointed.

QUOTE (onedude @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)
"Gus" being the bad guy can only help a television show...so I will watch this. Hope I'm not disappointed.

Stations keep looking for the next LOST like phenomenon. Flash forward, The Event, etc...

Agree about Gus but these shows need to develop characters to get any kind of following. Not just try and play out a gimmick.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)
Stations keep looking for the next LOST like phenomenon. Flash forward, The Event, etc...

Agree about Gus but these shows need to develop characters to get any kind of following. Not just try and play out a gimmick.

This has a good start in that it's Chicago post-apocalypse so it's all over grown. If they do it right this could be a huge hit that sorta feeds on the The Walking Dead popularity (different factions in a lawless society)

I also thought The Last Resort looked interesting. Crimson Tide meets Under Siege.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
This has a good start in that it's Chicago post-apocalypse so it's all over grown. If they do it right this could be a huge hit that sorta feeds on the The Walking Dead popularity (different factions in a lawless society)

But it won't... sadly NBC dramas have gotten so bad that no one will watch it. I do not predict a season 2 for "Revolution".