2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 29, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Season 3 casting has been revealed with these additions:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-...-season-3-cast/

Possible spoliers

– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Thank god they are adding the Reeds. It wouldnt be the worst thing in the world without them, but they do play a pretty critical role with Bran, and it allows Osha to leave with Rickon as well.

Also good to see Brynden and Edmure Tully. Edmure's inclusion suggests that the Red Wedding will be covered in Season 3. Beric and Thoros also suggests we will see some of the Brotherhood Without Banners and Olenna Tyrell should be fun to watch. It was pretty much a given Mance and Tormund would be around since so much of SoS deals with the wildlings. Pretty good news all around.

No Ramsay Snow? :unsure: Since he's not in Winterfell, I guess it doesn't matter anyway. He doesn't do much for the next couple seasons.

Edited by TaylorStSox

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
No Ramsay Snow? :unsure: Since he's not in Winterfell, I guess it doesn't matter anyway. He doesn't do much for the next couple seasons.

I feel there is no way that character is getting cut, especially since he has already been mentioned in the show. They probably just don't want to cast the role until his screen time becomes necessary

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 30, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
I've seen both days so far and think its badass. I like stuff from that era though. Great miniseries imo, especially for some off the History Channel (they seem to have cool specials sometimes, but nothing like network movies or miniseries)

Watched most of the first part last night, definitely enjoyed it. I now realize how little I actually knew about the whole feud.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 31, 2012 -> 08:23 AM)
I feel there is no way that character is getting cut, especially since he has already been mentioned in the show. They probably just don't want to cast the role until his screen time becomes necessary

Agreed. It kind of makes me wonder if Dagmer is Ramsay. He's been playing the role of Reek.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Alright, because of a story in Maxim I am going to start watching the wire, hope its as good as advertised.

You won't be disappointed. As soon as we started watching it, we couldn't turn it off until all 5 seasons were done.

Make sure to give it a solid 4-5 episodes before writing it off though if you're not enthralled. I think people who watch it years later, after reading about how great it is, expect something spectacular right off the bat. It's a slow character build show. You can't watch 1 or 2 episodes and come to an informed judgment about it. If you're halfway through the season and it's not doing anything for you, then it's probably safe to stop.

Finished 2/3 of The Hatfields vs. McCoys and so far it's been pretty entertaining. As far as i can tell it's been fairly accurate as well. I think if it wasn't for the uncle on the Hatfield's side (the always excellent Tom Berringer) the feud might have died early.

Hmm, I must be in the minority. I thought this episode of Mad Men was one of the "worst" of the season. The Lane portion of the episode was good - a bit sudden, but good. Perfect way to tie up the embezzlement angle. The Sallie stuff was a bore, and borderline inappropriate. Why did we need to see that? Gross. I guess we'll see about the Dow pitch, but that seemed way too preachy to me. Are 3-4 incredibly rich guys leading one of the world's biggest companies going to be impressed with someone that scolds them for being too complacent? Seems like a stretch.

Also, can anyone tell if Sallie's friend is supposed to be weird or does the actor just suck? So stiff with every line.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Finished 2/3 of The Hatfields vs. McCoys and so far it's been pretty entertaining. As far as i can tell it's been fairly accurate as well. I think if it wasn't for the uncle on the Hatfield's side (the always excellent Tom Berringer) the feud might have died early.

I finished all three. Great series IMO. I'm tempted to go buy a book about the whole feud and read up on it now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 09:10 AM)
I finished all three. Great series IMO. I'm tempted to go buy a book about the whole feud and read up on it now.

I will say the cross promotion was annoying. The managed to get items from the feud mentioned on both Pawn Stars and Pickers.

Finished Season 1 of Magic City last night...a little anti-climactic, but still a very solid first season...eagerly awaiting season 2.

Hoping to get the third disc of season 1 of Shameless today and finish that up. Have season 2 on the DVR.

Hoping to get to Mad Men soon after the season finishes airing, although I screwed up recording it this season, as DirecTV finally got AMC in HD and I had some issues with it recording on both channels....grrrr

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
Hmm, I must be in the minority. I thought this episode of Mad Men was one of the "worst" of the season. The Lane portion of the episode was good - a bit sudden, but good. Perfect way to tie up the embezzlement angle. The Sallie stuff was a bore, and borderline inappropriate. Why did we need to see that? Gross. I guess we'll see about the Dow pitch, but that seemed way too preachy to me. Are 3-4 incredibly rich guys leading one of the world's biggest companies going to be impressed with someone that scolds them for being too complacent? Seems like a stretch.

Also, can anyone tell if Sallie's friend is supposed to be weird or does the actor just suck? So stiff with every line.

I've noticed a couple times this season where Don got fired up over something, and we saw the old Don coming out. Then something happens to temper it. Last night, it was old Don going after Dow and then the Lane thing tempers it. It's interesting. I just foresee a major eruption with him, but with only one episode left who knows.

The Sally/Betty storyline made sense, but it just didn't seem to have anything to do with anything else. She hates her mother, but her mother is the only person she wants after "the incident". I half expected her to run back to the aprtmant to Megan, but no.