2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 03:59 AM)
How, we are on opposite sides. I think this season has been a mess so far. They are all over the place and only one storyline is interesting.

The whole war storyline has nothing to do with anything. Its like the writers feel EVERY character needs to be very deep or something.

Yeah, that is how I felt about the beginning of last season...I guess it probably depends on which characters you like and what you are hoping will happen...for me, Eric is one of my favorite characters...so seeing him reduced to a blubbering idiot last season kind of bored me...but to each their own.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
Big Brother is almost here!!!

AKA My Summer Addiction!

They should be releasing cast photos soon. 4 big surprises says the commercial. Don't bring past HGs back again, please.

One of the Big Brother houseguests is Russell's, from Survivor, brother. CBS over doing it with that family.

Also 4 successful players from the past returning in some aspect. Something different from actual game, I guess.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Gave Anger Management 3 episodes. It's a pretty awful show but there is nothing else on Thurs so I'll probably DVR it and watch when bored.

MEN AT WORK and more importantly SUITS say hi.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Gave Anger Management 3 episodes. It's a pretty awful show but there is nothing else on Thurs so I'll probably DVR it and watch when bored.

Having a couple hot chicks certainly aren't hurting that show.......

USA's Suits and Burn Notice isn't a bad way to spend a Thursday evening.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
Yeah, that is how I felt about the beginning of last season...I guess it probably depends on which characters you like and what you are hoping will happen...for me, Eric is one of my favorite characters...so seeing him reduced to a blubbering idiot last season kind of bored me...but to each their own.

Exactly, it actually ruined his character in my eyes. Anyway, I opted out on True Blood. Just couldn't do it anymore. I find werewolves to be one of the more stupider supernatural beings.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 06:44 AM)
I finished the first season of Breaking Bad last night. It's a good show, but I'm not sure what all the hype is about. Season 2 must pick it up, right?

It does get better.

So, True Blood is back to being pretty awful. The first and second episodes are always decent, and then they find a way to extend and thin out story lines to the point where I stop caring and get bored. Also thanks HBO for spoiling what's about to happen in the Russel/Sooki/Eric/Bill storyline. Anyone else notice that in the little recaps they do between shows?

On a different note, the wifey and I started watching Episodes on Showtime. Anyone else watch this? We've got 1-2 left in the first season. A little different, not great, but pretty solid. Matt Leblanc is really good in it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
So, True Blood is back to being pretty awful. The first and second episodes are always decent, and then they find a way to extend and thin out story lines to the point where I stop caring and get bored. Also thanks HBO for spoiling what's about to happen in the Russel/Sooki/Eric/Bill storyline. Anyone else notice that in the little recaps they do between shows?

On a different note, the wifey and I started watching Episodes on Showtime. Anyone else watch this? We've got 1-2 left in the first season. A little different, not great, but pretty solid. Matt Leblanc is really good in it.

I haven't watched the last episode yet but they would be much better off cutting the Lafeyette shaman storyline and the Terry and his weird army people storyline. Spreads the show too thin and nobody gives a damn.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
I haven't watched the last episode yet but they would be much better off cutting the Lafeyette shaman storyline and the Terry and his weird army people storyline. Spreads the show too thin and nobody gives a damn.

Agreed whole heartedly. I thought last night was the first good episode of the season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
Agreed whole heartedly. I thought last night was the first good episode of the season.

I'm confused with this post. Last night was the worst precisely because of the thinned out storylines it covered but did nothing with (Lafayette, Sam/Luna, and the fire monster).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
I'm confused with this post. Last night was the worst precisely because of the thinned out storylines it covered but did nothing with (Lafayette, Sam/Luna, and the fire monster).

I like the Tara storyline with the transition from human to vamp and the I like the search for Russell. Everything else was garbage.

For me to say it was the best episode of the season isn't exactly a ringing endorsement since the season has been a mess thus far, IMO.