2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
Tons of s*** besides the stuff already mentioned.

And definitely in regards to the bold.

No sure exactly if you're agreeing or disagreeing. Please nominate another, if the latter.

The other most unforgettable death scene for me was the killing of Lem by Shane Vendrell at the end of season 5 of the Shield. But that one was so gut-wrenching, whereas GF's was a "F*** Yeah!" reaction.

EDIT: Oh wait, now I get that you were referring to other things that LHankin has acted in, sorry.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
No sure exactly if you're agreeing or disagreeing. Please nominate another, if the latter.

The other most unforgettable death scene for me was the killing of Lem by Shane Vendrell at the end of season 5 of the Shield. But that one was so gut-wrenching, whereas GF's was a "F*** Yeah!" reaction.

Agreeing.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)

Ding ding ding

Also nominated: Omar. If you have to ask what show/character/season, then I'm sorry.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Bobby Bacala and Adrianna.

Especially this one, where Silvio's dragging her by the hair. Right before this, while they're driving into the woods, Silvio says "they're doing tests" on Christopher in the hospital - thought that was hilarious, considering it was supposedly a suicide attempt.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
Ding ding ding

Also nominated: Omar. If you have to ask what show/character/season, then I'm sorry.

He was my favorite character on that show.

I was kind of pissed at DirecTV this morning. I called back in May to cancel the Sunday Ticket package for this upcoming season (I got it free as a new customer promotion last year, but they automatically subscribe you for the following years). So I look today and they charged me for, guess what? Sunday Ticket. I called, complained, they credited my account (I had already paid the bill) and they knocked $5 bucks off my base package for the next 6 months as an apology. So....i'm ok with them now.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
Especially this one, where Silvio's dragging her by the hair. Right before this, while they're driving into the woods, Silvio says "they're doing tests" on Christopher in the hospital - thought that was hilarious, considering it was supposedly a suicide attempt.

Right, that was hilarious. The panic that set in on her face when she figured it out was awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
Right, that was hilarious. The panic that set in on her face when she figured it out was awesome.

The best part about it was that we, as viewers, didn't really know for certain either. The story originally called for a scene where Christopher goes to Tony and tells him. Steve Van Zandt and Drea De Matteo (Silvio and Adriana) thought it would be better to cut that scene. They later used the cut scene in the final season.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)

YES! Giancarlo Esposito nominated for supporting actor in Breaking Bad. He truly deserves it. Peter Dinklage or Aaron Paul will probably win, though. Also glad to see that Jared Harris was nominated.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
YES! Giancarlo Esposito nominated for supporting actor in Breaking Bad. He truly deserves it. Peter Dinklage or Aaron Paul will probably win, though. Also glad to see that Jared Harris was nominated.

I don't watch Breaking Bad, but I think Peter Dinklage will win and should win because his portrayal of Tyrion is truly phenomenal.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
The overrating of Modern Family is starting to annoy me. Especially at the expense of Parks & Rec and Louie.

I've seen Parks and Rec grow in popularity, it's never going to be as big as it should be but it's got a good following.

But Louie seemingly gets no love, and it is so fantastically written.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
I was kind of pissed at DirecTV this morning. I called back in May to cancel the Sunday Ticket package for this upcoming season (I got it free as a new customer promotion last year, but they automatically subscribe you for the following years). So I look today and they charged me for, guess what? Sunday Ticket. I called, complained, they credited my account (I had already paid the bill) and they knocked $5 bucks off my base package for the next 6 months as an apology. So....i'm ok with them now.

You should've been able to get the Sunday Ticket Maxx package free. I did after this Viacom ordeal. Plus $10 off a month for the next 2 years.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
You should've been able to get the Sunday Ticket Maxx package free. I did after this Viacom ordeal. Plus $10 off a month for the next 2 years.

I was going to say, threaten to leave, rinse repeat.

I am about due to tell Comcast I am leaving and then poof, they "found" a coupon.