2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a new DirecTV customer (got it July 3rd when I moved into a new place). However, they didn't tell me about the free Sunday Ticket deal for new customers. Might have been because I live in an apartment building, so I actually ordered through this company that bundles internet and TV for apartment buildings across the country, including ours. I still get bills directly from DirecTV, though. I'm pissed, I'll pay for Sunday Ticket if I have to (cheaper than going to bars the entire season), but it'd be nice to get it for free.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
I was going to say, threaten to leave, rinse repeat.

I am about due to tell Comcast I am leaving and then poof, they "found" a coupon.

Yep always works.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
Unfortunately i'm in the middle of a 2 year contract, so they know that's an empty threat. Once I have to start paying "full price" for the package i'm sure i'll be calling them

I'm only 6 months in on my 2 year deal. As long as you're not a problem customer(never pay your bill, you're still overdue), you shouldn't have a problem. Key word to tell them is that it's not about the money. You have to keep your household happy. Don't use an angry voice either. They're on your side. And also, don't settle for the first two deals.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
I'm a new DirecTV customer (got it July 3rd when I moved into a new place). However, they didn't tell me about the free Sunday Ticket deal for new customers. Might have been because I live in an apartment building, so I actually ordered through this company that bundles internet and TV for apartment buildings across the country, including ours. I still get bills directly from DirecTV, though. I'm pissed, I'll pay for Sunday Ticket if I have to (cheaper than going to bars the entire season), but it'd be nice to get it for free.

I'd call them and tell them someone told you it was included, but you noticed you still haven't received your confirmation on that and you just want to make sure it's added on as you would have never signed with DirecTv otherwise. They probably won't give you a hard time at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
The overrating of Modern Family is starting to annoy me. Especially at the expense of Parks & Rec and Louie.

Louie deserved a nod for the USO Afghanistan episode alone. That was a truly great, unmatched hour of television.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Louie deserved a nod for the USO Afghanistan episode alone. That was a truly great, unmatched hour of television.

One of my fav episodes of any show last year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 11:51 PM)
That was quite a coward play

Yup. First site of tough goiing for him, he b****es out. His brother never would have done that.

In other news, Breaking Bad is obviously awesome. Dayum, Mike.

Breaking Bad was, of course, exceptional last night. I don't really see how Mike being involved with Walt and Jessie can be a good thing since he has the DEA breathing down his neck - which can only lead to entertainment.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
I was going to say, threaten to leave, rinse repeat.

I am about due to tell Comcast I am leaving and then poof, they "found" a coupon.

I'm so glad I live in an area that is away from Concast.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
Breaking Bad was, of course, exceptional last night. I don't really see how Mike being involved with Walt and Jessie can be a good thing since he has the DEA breathing down his neck - which can only lead to entertainment.

I have yet to watch the show. I've only seen glimpses of Mad Men and watch all of the episodes this week. I'm hooked on Mad Men.

Great episode of Breaking Bad. Good back story on Gus' empire and very little Walt Jr. and Skylar.

True Blood. Ugh. Might be the end of the road for me. SO many storylines and none of them are all that good. I bet Soxbadger loved Tara on the pole.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
Great episode of Breaking Bad. Good back story on Gus' empire and very little Walt Jr. and Skylar.

True Blood. Ugh. Might be the end of the road for me. SO many storylines and none of them are all that good. I bet Soxbadger loved Tara on the pole.

Tara is hot, but I love Lillith more than her.

I actually thought it was the first decent episode of True Blood, I just wish they would get rid of half the story lines and stick with the Sanguinista Vampire Civil War.

Do they really need the Ifrit, Mexican Shaman, Faery, Werewolf and shifter stories as well?

And Breaking Bad was good, I think there is a lot more to Madrigal than we know.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)

I actually said the same thing about TB a few days ago. I'll finish the year and see how I feel.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Tara is hot, but I love Lillith more than her.

I actually thought it was the first decent episode of True Blood, I just wish they would get rid of half the story lines and stick with the Sanguinista Vampire Civil War.

Do they really need the Ifrit, Mexican Shaman, Faery, Werewolf and shifter stories as well?

And Breaking Bad was good, I think there is a lot more to Madrigal than we know.

Yeah Lillith was pretty hot walking off the stage.

Basically if they cut everything out but the vampire lore, the show would be great. But all of the other stuff is filler that's just garbage at this point. Also, it annoyed me that Eric/Bill didn't know that the main authority chick was working with Russell. In the last episode she was like "hey you want me to increase the silver IV? Ok! I'm going to go do that RIGHT NOW." And then 2 seconds later it's clear that Russell was at full power. HMMMMMM...doesn't take a genius to figure out who helped him guys...