2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First "great" episode of the BB season for me. I love that they are cooking again, and this new plan should be interesting. I have a feeling they brought up the first house having a "nanny cam" because that may come in to play later.

Also, at the end, Walt was talking about Mike right? About "flying too close to the sun"?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
First "great" episode of the BB season for me. I love that they are cooking again, and this new plan should be interesting. I have a feeling they brought up the first house having a "nanny cam" because that may come in to play later.

Also, at the end, Walt was talking about Mike right? About "flying too close to the sun"?

I think that was his warning shot to Jesse about not thinking about going off on his own.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)

I definitely thought he was talking about Mike. Walt still thinks of this as "his" operation and doesn't like all of the liberties Mike is taking.

I think the rant was meant to be a little ambiguous though.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Possibly Mike, who he already has some friction with. The only reason Im leaning towards Jesse is that Mike/Walt dont really have a "father/son" relationship, which is the Icarus reference.

His specific reference to the guy who tried to take over the cooking operation is what made me think it was a threat to Jesse not to even think about it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying The Newsroom. Lots of great characters, and as is standard with Aaron Sorkin, a ton of dialogue. It's funny, though, whenever Jeff Daniels yells I think of his Dumb and Dumber character.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
I'm thoroughly enjoying The Newsroom. Lots of great characters, and as is standard with Aaron Sorkin, a ton of dialogue. It's funny, though, whenever Jeff Daniels yells I think of his Dumb and Dumber character.

I like it as well although I could do without the Mac/Will past relationship stuff. Kinda comes off soapy.

Just watched the first four episodes of the newsroom. I am enjoying it.

Also on the BB talk I think that Walt was referring to that Todd guy(i think that his name, the guy who worked for the pest control company who brought up the nanny cam) when talking about flying to close to the sun. I know it's random, but he might kill him or something to send a message to Mike.

Either way I love the amount of Mike we are getting this season.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
Just watched the first four episodes of the newsroom. I am enjoying it.

Also on the BB talk I think that Walt was referring to that Todd guy(i think that his name, the guy who worked for the pest control company who brought up the nanny cam) when talking about flying to close to the sun. I know it's random, but he might kill him or something to send a message to Mike.

Either way I love the amount of Mike we are getting this season.

"Landry Clarke" is what cool people call him. Also, I think he wants to hire him, not kill him.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
It's a Reeeeeeeal shame that anyone noticed Skylar in the pool. Reeeeeeeal shame.

I'm ready for that b**** to die.

Judging by the first sequence of the season, you will probably get your wish.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
You're telling me that after all we've learned about Mike, he'd be ok with Walt getting a flashy car and letting Lydia live? He's too smart to go along with these two idiots.

Mike has no choice, without any money, he cant pay legacy costs so hes just in a bad spot.

As for the cars, like Walt side, they were leased.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
You're telling me that after all we've learned about Mike, he'd be ok with Walt getting a flashy car and letting Lydia live? He's too smart to go along with these two idiots.

Does Mike know about the cars? If he did, would it matter since Walt owns the car wash and could easily make enough to buy them.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 01:19 AM)
This talk about "the newsroom" almost makes me want to try it.

Isn't it about politics though?

It's very political, but I have a few friends who know next to nothing about politics and still like it. Some episodes are very politically heavy, other episodes like last nights are not.

Edited by kev211