2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Haven't grabbed either of the new ones yet but plan on getting black 2 at some point.

If you have a 3DS you'll probably want to snag the downloadable game Pokemon Dream Radar. You can catch pokemon/get items to transfer to the game. Including legendaries. I had Tornadus before my 3rd gym, and he's in some sort of bird form. I am not minding the game as a hold over until the next gen, great time killer as always.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
If you have a 3DS you'll probably want to snag the downloadable game Pokemon Dream Radar. You can catch pokemon/get items to transfer to the game. Including legendaries. I had Tornadus before my 3rd gym, and he's in some sort of bird form. I am not minding the game as a hold over until the next gen, great time killer as always.

Only have a DS Lite for now. Once a new pokemon game comes out for only the 3DS I will have to upgrade.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
I can't stop playing Big Win Football on my iPhone.

That is all

I gave this a shot after reading your post and also go hooked. It seems to be a bit random though, in terms of who wins games. Sometimes i'll go up against a team with a lower rating and no cards and I still lose. I've also gone against teams with a much higher rating (like 47-40) and won.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
I gave this a shot after reading your post and also go hooked. It seems to be a bit random though, in terms of who wins games. Sometimes i'll go up against a team with a lower rating and no cards and I still lose. I've also gone against teams with a much higher rating (like 47-40) and won.

Yea a lot of it has to do with the cards you play and how much energy you have when you play. Once I got my first gold deck of cards everything changed though.

My buddy got me hooked and told me focus on the daily tournaments, not quick games. he was right, i came in second and earned 800 coins and 8 bucks which allowed me to get a silver and gold pack of cards. It changed my entire lineup from all bronze with a few silver to and all silver with a lot of gold and a few bronze sprinkled in.

There are definitely some random results thrown in though

Woah. Amazing comeback. I was down 5-1 by the 4th inning. Schierholtz hit a solo shot. 5-2. Then in the 6th, Mauer hit a RBI single to make it 5-3. Then Young beat out an infield single to score Beckham. 5-4 game in 7th. Then in the 8th, Bartlett makes a 2 out error, and I pile on 4 unearned runs in the 8th, capped by a Dunn 3-run HR. Sox win 8-5 to take it to a game 5.

Currently 0-0 in game 5, 2nd inning. Quintana vs. Vazquez.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
keep us updated.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but I'll update it anyway.....

Went down 2-0 early in game 5. Cano and Gardner are KILLING me this series. Dunn cut the lead in half with a solo HR in the 3rd. Then in the 6th, Dunn blasted another solo shot, 450 FT to center. 2-2 tie! Decided to pull New Q after only 70 some pitches because I felt he was on the verge of breaking down. Stayed 2-2 tie until the bottom of the 8th when Michael Young hit an RBI double to score Beckham to take a 3-2 lead. Next pitch.....2-run HR by Joe Mauer! Took a 5-2 lead in the 8th and won it by the same score. Forced a game 6!

Heading back to Yankee stadium now. R.A. Dickey vs. Sabathia.

Somewhat uneventful Game 6. Dickey only lasted 4 innings before I took him out and let John Danks go 3 innings in relief. Took a 4-2 lead in to the bottom of the 8th when Yankees hit a HR to bring it to 4-3.

Bottom of the 9th, they got Russel Martin on base, and then Gardner bunted the pinch runner over to 2nd with 1 out. Struck out Granderson, and then got Cano to fly out to hold on to a 4-3 win. Adam Dunn has 5 HR just in the 3 games I've played, 6 overall in this series.

Game 7 here I come! Sale vs. Pineda.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
I played Mario Galaxy today. I got a mushroom, flew to another planet, and fought a Piranha Plant.

I will let you all know when I get to Bowser. I should have full power and possibly fireballs by then

Did you make it yet?? I can't focus on anything else without knowing

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Did you make it yet?? I can't focus on anything else without knowing

This is incredibly difficult, I just had to do a level with ONLY ONE COIN!!!! There was a rock creature hurling black ghosts at me and trying to smash me at the same time. I will let you know in a few minutes.

END TRANSMISSION

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
I played Mario Galaxy today. I got a mushroom, flew to another planet, and fought a Piranha Plant.

I will let you all know when I get to Bowser. I should have full power and possibly fireballs by then

:wub: