2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Eh, I wouldn't say that. You can lose interest, but there are a lot of unique and fun things to do in Skyrim and a lot of unique different missions.

I've loved the series, but my favorite game was honestly Morrowind. Perhaps it was just because it was a completely different experience for me and has stuck with me for that reason, but I've always found it to be the best game of the bunch. In all fairness though, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim have all been great games.

Never played the first two, though I plan on doing so at some point in time. I just recall reading how difficult the first one (I believe) is just to get out of the tutorial.

yeah i was a huge fan of oblivion. I remember just waltzing around the map randomly and out of no where stumbling on the house where the knights of the nine lived and then opening a can of whoop ass on all of them for no good reason. I love choices.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
Is that good?

Not as good as Wii, which was 600k, but they sold 1.2 million WiiU, wii, DS and 3ds in the last week. It weird that they are still competing with the Wii, but it is what it is. GameCube was basically done when Wii hit the shelves

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
Far Cry 3 looks really awesome.

I've owned Far Cry 2 for many years now, but never really played it much (it's actually quite hard). But I'm giving it a second chance now, as a prep for FC3. IGN gave it a 9.0, and the video review made it look sweet.

Far Cry 2: African jungle driving simulator.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
Not as good as Wii, which was 600k, but they sold 1.2 million WiiU, wii, DS and 3ds in the last week. It weird that they are still competing with the Wii, but it is what it is. GameCube was basically done when Wii hit the shelves

I wonder how the system sales do once holiday season is over, it definitely didn't get the hype the original wii, ps3 and 360 did when they were launching IMO.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
I wonder how the system sales do once holiday season is over, it definitely didn't get the hype the original wii, ps3 and 360 did when they were launching IMO.

If they wouldve had a Zelda or Metroid or even freakin mario kart, something unique to the Wii U i think they wouldve done better. Im getting mine on friday and im looking at the lineup of games and its like. meh.. i guess i kinda want to play that batman game again

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
If they wouldve had a Zelda or Metroid or even freakin mario kart, something unique to the Wii U i think they wouldve done better. Im getting mine on friday and im looking at the lineup of games and its like. meh.. i guess i kinda want to play that batman game again

I'm reading that ZombieU is the most fun so far. I'm getting my WiiU next summer so I am anticipating Pikmin and hopefully a new solo Mario title. Zelda is 2014.

I just want to play some games that aren't ports and have a little depth. Nintendoland and SMBu look fun, but nothing that will suck me in like a solo Mario or zelda

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
That's because it looks stupid.

The Wii U is actually sorta cool. You can use the controller as a handheld gaming device. So you don't need to hog the TV. It's its best feature IMO. Which honestly is kind of sad, but cool at the same time.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
Fastest selling HD console ever

You got one, right? What is your opinion so far?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
The Wii U is actually sorta cool. You can use the controller as a handheld gaming device. So you don't need to hog the TV. It's its best feature IMO. Which honestly is kind of sad, but cool at the same time.

Some of the features I have seen with the game pad are exciting, a lot of the game extras within the game type things

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 26, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)

Right, I understand that, but at least what I've seen from the games so far, it doesn't look interesting. Also, that pad is huge. I would assume they cost a lot to replace as well. What if you want multiple people to play on one console, does this mean you need to buy multiple "pad" things? How much would that cost. I can see uses for that screen as a second menu, but I just don't like how big it is.

What I wish Sony would do, and I am surprised they haven't yet, it create a little 2x3 inch rectangle screen that connects to the top of your PS3 controller (to the USB port on top) that acts as a second screen. Like for instance if they had it for Assassin's Creed 3 and that little screen was your weapon or item list where you could set it up like that instead of hitting START to change your weapon wheel or shortcuts. Or in The Show if that screen showed the opposing pitchers pitch repoitoire with pitch speeds and wind speed/direction. And then when you are pitching, it shows the batter's hot/cold zones and wind speed/direction.

THAT is what I want Sony to do, and maybe WiiU will finally push them to this sort of integration.

I had a GameCube, it was a fun machine but it was a tweener machine. And yea, virtual boy was an original flop going by numbers.

WiiU will be ok, I don't think it will flop

Also, Miyamoto already mentioned that Starfox is in development.