Jason Frasor Traded to Jays

Baron

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
You don't think that Lillibridge, Oswaldo Martinez, Tyler Kuhn or Escobar could fill that role?

Or you want a more experienced/seasoned guy?

Right now, Lillibridge is my backup OF, and Jordan Danks doesn't belong on the roster in that role.

Martinez, Kuhn, or Escobar all might be options, but I'm not sure the team is ready to commit to any of them.

Escobar could probably benefit from 1 more year at AAA, Martinez I haven't seen at all so I can't comment although the job might be his to lose, and the Org. seems to have made it clear that they have no urge to commit playing time, or even consistent time at AAA, to Kuhn.

Baseball is such a funny sport. You can have a MAJOR flaw in your game, like control issues as a pitcher -- which I'd say is the ONE thing most pitchers need to have to make it -- and still get drafted. Can you imagine a QB that overthrew his receivers all the time getting picked?

There is a QB in Denver who has many flaws..

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Of course it's a salary dump. But Jaye is interesting. Not Nestor Molina interesting, but a projectable prep arm interesting. And not being in the top 25 doesn't tell the whole story considering the Blue Jays have the best farm system in baseball.

He can be interesting like KW Jr. can be interesting or the Sox drafting Ozney Guillen could be interesting, but reality is this guy has probably less than a 5% chance of ever being as good of a major league pitcher as Jason Frasor is right now, and no one is too upset Jason was sent backing for nothing.

It seems every so called prospect we have in th system or traded for is projected as a middle inning reliever or fifth starter. Perhaps the Sox are changing the way we will be using the pitching staff? One to three innings by the starter and then use all these relievers we have stocked up on? That KW he is such a sneaky guy. :lolhitting

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
He can be interesting like KW Jr. can be interesting or the Sox drafting Ozney Guillen could be interesting, but reality is this guy has probably less than a 5% chance of ever being as good of a major league pitcher as Jason Frasor is right now, and no one is too upset Jason was sent backing for nothing.

And if that 5% comes in then he cost controlled for 6 years. That's kind of the point of stocking up on arms.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
Kenny needs to start raiding bad farm systems rather than the best in the game just so he can start getting some top 10-15 prospects. People are WAY too hung up on that s***.

I don't care how good your farm system is, if a guy isn't in your top 20, he's not very elite, even if it makes him a top 5 or top 10 in the White Sox system.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
And if that 5% comes in then he cost controlled for 6 years. That's kind of the point of stocking up on arms.

Stocking up on mediocre at best talent doesn't get you victories. With all the minor leaguers KW has acquired this winter, how much has the Sox farm system moved up ? I'm guessing not very far.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
I don't care how good your farm system is, if a guy isn't in your top 20, he's not very elite, even if it makes him a top 5 or top 10 in the White Sox system.

Are we supposed to be bringing in elite talent for Quentin and Frasor?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Stocking up on mediocre at best talent doesn't get you victories. With all the minor leaguers KW has acquired this winter, how much has the Sox farm system moved up ? I'm guessing not very far.

Trading away mediocre major league talent brings back mediocre, if not projectable minor league talent, that's what's gone down the last 2 days. What exactly are you b****ing about? You were just arguing that picking up Frasor's option just to trade him was risky because the worst case scenario is he gets hurt in the 2 months of offseason it took to trade him, what the f*** kind of logic is that?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)

No one has claimed any of these prospects are elite. They are the return for Jason f***ing Frasor. A projectable prep arm who could end up being a 4th or 5th starter, or long reliever is a mildly interesting return for a salary dump. What's the problem with that?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
Trading away mediocre major league talent brings back mediocre, if not projectable minor league talent, that's what's gone down the last 2 days. What exactly are you b****ing about?

The one good thing about this kind of deal, targeting guys who have issues or are really low in an organization, is that just as the Sox can't project them very well...neither can the team giving the players up. Sometimes, that's how you get a real steal: you target a guy who is low enough that even the team which currently holds him doesn't know what they have.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)

I hear you. I was expecting Frasor to go in a trade, but this one and especially CQ's trade baffle me. We have seen less talented players on other teams going in trades for much bigger returns. So we are saving money? For what? I hope it isn't to extend Rios and Dunn, who I remind you are still on the team and costing us a lot of money.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Are we supposed to be bringing in elite talent for Quentin and Frasor?

If you would have read what I posted, I'm not mad at this particular trade, but some are going to make these "prospects" out to be far more than they really are. For Quentin, I'm not upset they traded him, it was very obvious it would happen. I think the return is like this return. Nothing. I believe he should be worth a little more than that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
If you would have read what I posted, I'm not mad at this particular trade, but some are going to make these "prospects" out to be far more than they really are. For Quentin, I'm not upset they traded him, it was very obvious it would happen. I think the return is like this return. Nothing. I believe he should be worth a little more than that.

Carlos Quentin might well have been worth less than Frasor, if you consider how much each of them are getting paid next year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
A five way deal could get us a Pujols or Hanley Ramirez for sure.

It always works for annoying callers during the post-game show. Or let's just package a random 10-12 of these guys with Dunn/Rios and some team out there would be foolish not to take TEN players back, right?

OK, if you say so :lol:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
The one good thing about this kind of deal, targeting guys who have issues or are really low in an organization, is that just as the Sox can't project them very well...neither can the team giving the players up. Sometimes, that's how you get a real steal: you target a guy who is low enough that even the team which currently holds him doesn't know what they have.

See Liriano, Francisco for an example...Nathan and Bonser were a lot more polished at the time and seemed the primary targets.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
See Liriano, Francisco for an example...Nathan and Bonser were a lot more polished at the time and seemed the primary targets.

My other more recent example is the Casey Blake for Carlos Santana trade. The Dodgers gave up Carlos Santana for Casey ****ing Blake, because they traded him away as a 22 year old in A-ball.