Heads22

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
it's Iowa. I'm sure people did. lol

Well, there is technically a caucus. I know in Iowa City, apparently 500 people showed up. I think if Obama can bring roughly half the people to a caucus thats received literally one percent of the coverage this Iowa Caucus has received for the GOP, it should tell people everything they need to know about this election.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
in case of a tie, Vanilla Ice actually does become the default winner. it's in the Iowa state constitution.

It's all coming together nicely for you.

Santorum lead of 37.

Santorum's got to survive NH.

It would really help if Bachman pledged her support towards him....Gingrich was endorsed by main newspaper (Union Leader I think?) there at the end of November, so he will live on through South Carolina at least.

Perry and Bachmann have to be reassessing....Huntsman's never been in it.

Edited by caulfield12

Still a 4 vote spread for Santorum at 99%+ reporting.

Wonder if it will tip to Romney by tomorrow, but the story for now is all Santorum...perception is that Santorum actually won the expectations game, by far. Paul will cease to exist by South Carolina.

Forgot how the caucuses worked, last time I participated was in 1988. I was in the Jesse Jackson camp (as a high school senior), but we were quickly outmaneuvered by the Dukakis machine.

Santorum has to finish no lower than 4th, but hopefully (for him) 2nd or 3rd in NH. You'd have to guess Romney by a lot, then Paul/Santorum/Gingrich for 2nd, with no result surprising. Perry and Bachmann, along with Huntsman, all probably suspending, which will definitely help Santorum in SC. Gingrich and Paul both kind of in-between about contending for NH, because of the newspaper endorsement for NEWT but also, Paul will get massacred by the military/GOP establishment vote in S.C. Paul has to finish 2nd in NH or he's done...if Santorum beats Gingrich and finishes a respectable 3rd, he can very easily beat Romney in SC, IMO.

He has a good chance at beating Romney again as the evangelical vote is 40-45% of SC, compared to the teens in NH.