Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

@FarrellBall (1/3/2012)

Source: #Jays seem to be pushing harder for Gavin Floyd over the last 48 hours.. McGuire seems to be the centerpiece to a potential trade.

@FarrellBall (1/1/2012)

Source: The #Jays have strong interest in SP Gavin Floyd from the #WhiteSox.. Rumblings of McGuire or Wojciechowski...

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (striker @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
@FarrellBall (1/3/2012)

Source: #Jays seem to be pushing harder for Gavin Floyd over the last 48 hours.. McGuire seems to be the centerpiece to a potential trade.

@FarrellBall (1/1/2012)

Source: The #Jays have strong interest in SP Gavin Floyd from the #WhiteSox.. Rumblings of McGuire or Wojciechowski...

So strange, I had this weird feeling yesterday about us ending up with Asher Woj.

QUOTE (striker @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
@FarrellBall (1/3/2012)

@FarrellBall (1/1/2012)

Jesus, reading through the guys responses to fans is like reading Cowley or Mariotti. What a D-bag.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
Well that would give us the big name everyone has been hoping for. It was also put us into the 65-70 category for next year in all probability.

Which, honestly, I'm fine with. A couple people around here have pointed out that this "rebuild" doesn't look like it needs to last more than a couple seasons because our big-money commitments will expire. I will gladly watch the kids lose 80-90 for a couple years to set this thing onto the right course.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
Sox loved Asher during the draft scouting process. I'm not a huge fan of his, as his fastball has lost some velocity. I'd be fine with Deck, as finally we could get a GT guy to be a star after dealing with this bum from UGa at 2nd base.

Yeah, I though I heard Asher had lost some stock. If we get him, I hope we don't pay what he would have commanded upon being drafted.

From Sickels 2012 pre-lims:

7) Deck McGuire, RHP, Grade B+ Doesn't have the ceiling of the younger guys, but should be a solid inning-eater at worst and won't need much longer in the minors.

12) Asher Wojciechowski, RHP, Grade B-: His season was not as bad as you think and he was hot towards the end. Breakout candidate for 2012.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
Deck McGuire? For a #4 starter on a bad team? Sign me up.

That's undervaluing Floyd a bit. He's been the #3 starter in one of the majors' best starting rotations. Just McGuire would be a disappointing return.

Couldn't some of these moves...Thornton, Crain, Floyd all happen in July just as easily and with more teams desperate to add?

Call me crazy, but I think there's an outside chance the current roster can win. To me, they should give this roster a few months to play, and then if they're 6 games back in July and under-.500, trade anyone you can/want.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
Couldn't some of these moves...Thornton, Crain, Floyd all happen in July just as easily and with more teams desperate to add?

Call me crazy, but I think there's an outside chance the current roster can win. To me, they should give this roster a few months to play, and then if they're 6 games back in July and under-.500, trade anyone you can/want.

I wonder if KW won't sign a couple scrap-heap veterans on one-year dealsin Feb to fill in the holes, like Francis or something. Seems to be a common move during these rebuilds. Makes the team not a TOTAL joke at least.

Is no one else already worried that we'll only get a "project" prospect and a throw-in?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)

Let's not half-ass this rebuild. Stick to it or don't, no in-between s***.