Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Well, the good news is that McGuire looks like a very solid young arm. The bad news is that Drabek seems to be a failed prospect. However, both are under team control until at least 2018, I believe.

Hopefully Coop can pull a "Gavin Floyd" on Drabek and turn around a failed Phillies top pitching prospect.

I like the idea of getting one good/solid safe prospect plus a failed top 30 prospect in all of baseball in Drabek. Drabek has some tools and I have faith in Coop.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
I like the idea of getting one good/solid safe prospect plus a failed top 30 prospect in all of baseball in Drabek. Drabek has some tools and I have faith in Coop.

Same. Deck is a safe prospect who should be a 3 or 4, and Drabek depending on who you ask has a 1 or 2 ceiling. Though he has his issues currently.

Edited by DirtySox

I would say this would be pretty damn solid value for Floyd, whom I happen to like a whole heck of a lot. I'm intrigued both those who are suggesting the Sox than sign a pitcher to replace Floyd (such as an Ejax). I highly doubt it would happen but it is an interesting concept. I'd say it would probalby make more sense a year from now after the Sox figure everything out (and figure out what they truly have) but if Kenny thinks getting Cepedes would help and they can compete this year it than would make sense to make a signing now.

It would certainly make Konerko feel better, haha. If they deal Floyd, I'd have to think he'd be quietly indicating he'd like to be traded to a contender (one of his choice).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
There were huge concerns about Drabek's off the field actions heading into the draft. Tons of rumors about bad stuff he was involved in. He was pretty good in the minors, but really struggled last year cause he tried to hard to develop a cutter. His control was brutal, but if you could get him and someone else for Floyd, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Much like Simon Castro, this is someone you couldn't have gotten last year.

His makeup is questionable too. He kind of has a tendency to go Jake Peavy on the mound when he gets rattled. With the cursing, stomping around, and being outwardly upset. It then snowballs from there from what I saw last year.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
Some guy now says Beckham will also be traded to the Jays along with Floyd for McGuire, Drabek, Gose and Wojciechowski

I don't see that getting done, just too much going on there.