Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
No doubt. They're a Gavin Floyd away from catching the Rays, Yankees and Red Sox.

I want to see this trade go down just to see your reaction :P

It would be a complete opposite decision for what AA has done thus far in Toronto.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
According to BA, Drabek is not in their top 10, and McGuire is #8.

IIRC, Gose was their #2, and Wojo was around 7?

Drabek, McGuire, Gose 1-2-3 respectively, Wojo at 6.

I didn't see their 2012 rankings.

2012 here.

2 Gose

8 McGuire

10 Wojo

Drabek didn't qualify because of his time in the majors I believe.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
According to BA, Drabek is not in their top 10, and McGuire is #8.

IIRC, Gose was their #2, and Wojo was around 7?

I could make the case that a Drabek for Beckham deal would be relatively fair. Both guys could probably benefit from a change of scenery and at one point in time were considered completely untradeable. Who do the Jays have slated to play 2B. I know they don't have Hill anymore.

But the Sox aren't getting all of the other stuff for Gavin. That is completely insane. I still have a hard time believe they'd get McGuire and Drabek but I love Floyd so I can kind of believe that (Floyd has a fair contract too).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
I want to see this trade go down just to see your reaction :P

It would be a complete opposite decision for what AA has done thus far in Toronto.

Would Thornton, Floyd, and Beckham command that sort of package? I doubt it but was going to throw it out there.

I could make the case that a Drabek for Beckham deal would be relatively fair. Both guys could probably benefit from a change of scenery and at one point in time were considered completely untradeable. Who do the Jays have slated to play 2B. I know they don't have Hill anymore.

But the Sox aren't getting all of the other stuff for Gavin. That is completely insane. I still have a hard time believe they'd get McGuire and Drabek but I love Floyd so I can kind of believe that (Floyd has a fair contract too).

Kelly Johnson

http://t.co/QTjnG3rD

Yep, we're doing this again-- and once again with the warning that there is absolutely no reason to believe that this rumour isn't complete bulls***.

That said, someone on Twitter-- @brBoiler2013-- is claiming that the Jays will send Kyle Drabek and Deck McGuire to the Chicago White Sox for Gavin Floyd. And he says he knows this because Floyd married his cousin.

I've done a little bit of horrendously superficial internet digging on this one, and it seems that Floyd is married-- which, of course, tells us nothing about the validity of this claim. Floyd's wedding was in Florida, he's from (or was at least born in) Maryland, and guy here goes to Purdue, in Indiana.

None of that tells us anything. But maybe some of you can find something more concrete to dispel this one. Get Googling!

Floyd has been worth 12.4 fWAR over the past three seasons, is owed $7-million in 2012, with a $9.5-million club option for 2013 according to Cot's, and-- as far as anybody should be concerned-- will begin the season as a member of the Chicago White Sox.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
If this deal is true, it will give the Sox more money to get Cespedes..

An OF of

Viciedo RF

Cespedes CF

Gose LF

would be incredible for many years..

This has been said about a lot more proven players before and been very inaccurate...

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
If this deal is true, it will give the Sox more money to get Cespedes..

An OF of

Viciedo RF

Cespedes CF

Gose LF

would be incredible for many years..

No chance we're getting Gose. This rumor is unlikely anyway, but AA loves Gose.

Besides, he's RAW. He's basically a slightly better/not injured version of Jared Mitchell/Keenyn Walker from what I've heard.