Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FarrellBall FARRELL BALL

They're close, but nothing is done though. #FarrellBall RT@AndrewStoeten More Twitter Rumour Fun: Guy Claims Jays Are Acquiring Gavin Floyd

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

is this guy a fan or Toronto writer?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
FarrellBall FARRELL BALL

They're close, but nothing is done though. #FarrellBall RT@AndrewStoeten More Twitter Rumour Fun: Guy Claims Jays Are Acquiring Gavin Floyd

This is good to read.

As for that columnist discrediting this brboiler dude because of the Gary harris situation.. You can't do that. Gary Harris' dad was at Purdue and Indiana multiple times during the recruit, even during the final days leading up the annoucement because he goes there on business trips multiple times per week. I'm guessing he knows nothing of the Harris recruitment.. It was incredibly tight-lipped. Insane

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
Would Thornton, Floyd, and Beckham command that sort of package? I doubt it but was going to throw it out there.

Quite possibly, but I see cash going from us to them in that deal, otherwise AA just picked up about $14 mill right there for next year alone (if my memory is right).

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
FarrellBall FARRELL BALL

Haven't heard Drabek's name in any of the conversations though... More like, McGuire and low level prospects for Floyd.. #Jays #WhiteSox

This makes a lot more sense

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
Maybe, but I do think Floyd could command Drabek + McGuire (it's a bit costly for Toronto but Drabek seemed to fall hard).

They obviously know a lot more about Drabek than we do. I would be willing to bet that if we could get Drabek too, it's because they believe he's cooked, which may end up being a bad thing.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
They obviously know a lot more about Drabek than we do. I would be willing to bet that if we could get Drabek too, it's because they believe he's cooked, which may end up being a bad thing.

One would have said the exact same thing about "Gavin Floyd" in 2006.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
Maybe, but I do think Floyd could command Drabek + McGuire (it's a bit costly for Toronto but Drabek seemed to fall hard).

The one thing I'd say about Floyd right now is...if the return isn't really solid, there's no reason to move him. We've shed a lot of salary already, we've cleared out the guys we needed to move, other salary might well be moveable later this season...if we can't get a solid deal for Floyd that makes us better by 2013, there's little reason to move him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
The one thing I'd say about Floyd right now is...if the return isn't really solid, there's no reason to move him. We've shed a lot of salary already, we've cleared out the guys we needed to move, other salary might well be moveable later this season...if we can't get a solid deal for Floyd that makes us better by 2013, there's little reason to move him.

Agreed, which is why I'm hoping it is Drabek and McGuire.