Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
To 99.5% of people he was. There were a few misguided and contrarians out there, but Rose was the consensus #1.

Google around, this wasn't a Lebron = #1 pick, there was legit discussion on it.

Edit - the fact that there a million "Beasley or Rose" articles in existence proves that pretty much. The fact that we were in desperate need of a low post scorer with Kirk at point was also a factor.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
To 99.5% of people he was. There were a few misguided and contrarians out there, but Rose was the consensus #1.

Eh I wouldn't go that far, Beasley was actually the consensus 1 before Derrick's NCAA run.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
Eh I wouldn't go that far, Beasley was actually the consensus 1 before Derrick's NCAA run.

No....Beasley was the consensus number one for stupid people. Nobody that knows anything about basketball would have selected Beasley with all those issues over Rose. I agree that people wanted to do it....but those people are idiots

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
No....Beasley was the consensus number one for stupid people. Nobody that knows anything about basketball would have selected Beasley with all those issues over Rose. I agree that people wanted to do it....but those people are idiots

No....he was the consensus before the NCAA tournament and before the Bulls had the #1 Pick.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Not a chance. s***, Rose wasn't even a clear and away #1.

As popular as the Bulls are, NY is still bigger. If they were corrupt, NY would have gotten him.

NY is definitely bigger, but I'd wager that their followings throughout the country are similar and then well into the Bulls' favor globally.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
So does the Jays' acquisition of Oliver take them out of the market for Floyd?

Why? Oliver is a reliever. I wonder if the market heats up further if Garza ends up in Detroit. Though who knows if Kenny is even shopping Gavin?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)
Sigh.

If this is gonna happen then AA better get his act together and pull the trigger before the Sox do somethig else with the guy he'd like.

Maybe AA is waiting on some other dominoes to fall, which in turn are waiting on other dominoes: Darvish (TEX), Fielder (TOR/WAS/TEX), Garza (TEX/TOR/DET).

QUOTE (striker @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 07:18 AM)
Maybe AA is waiting on some other dominoes to fall, which in turn are waiting on other dominoes: Darvish (TEX), Fielder (TOR/WAS/TEX), Garza (TEX/TOR/DET).

Waiting on Darvish would be a mistake. If the Rangers can't get him signed, that just means another possible suitor for Floyd. Most likely, they are still in the running for Garza and won't turn to Floyd or other options until that gets settled. Unfortunately for KW, Garza is probably hindering his ability to move Floyd. Hopefully Epstein hurries the f*** up.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
Waiting on Darvish would be a mistake. If the Rangers can't get him signed, that just means another possible suitor for Floyd. Most likely, they are still in the running for Garza and won't turn to Floyd or other options until that gets settled. Unfortunately for KW, Garza is probably hindering his ability to move Floyd. Hopefully Epstein hurries the f*** up.

Not to mention Oswalt, Kudora and Jackson are all still unsigned.

QUOTE (striker @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:18 AM)

KW is beatable when he targets a guy in your organization and you say "Yes" to him before he has a chance to shop around and realize there are better offers for what he's trying to trade. That's how the Santos offer went down, that's how the Jackson deal went down.

If you sit around and hesitate while KW has an offer on the table, then he might well get the chance to call other GM's and realize he can get an even better price for whatever it is he's trying to move. We kinda saw that with the Peavy hesitation/Deal...Hudson was in the first deal but not in the one that happened, KW pulled him out.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
Why? Oliver is a reliever. I wonder if the market heats up further if Garza ends up in Detroit. Though who knows if Kenny is even shopping Gavin?

I was just posting anything I could think of to get this thread focused back on baseball. Looks like I only succeeded for just a few posts...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
The only real push for Rose was by the Steven A Smith types, and by people who thought we needed a scoring big man more than we needed a PG.

Not disproving my point. Were there any critics saying to take Melo over LBJ?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
I was just posting anything I could think of to get this thread focused back on baseball. Looks like I only succeeded for just a few posts...

Nice.

Maybe this will help?

FarrellBall FARRELL BALL

My source still says that Floyd to #Jays will happen; going to believe him considering he broke the Garza and Oliver news.. #FarrellBall

12 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Doubt this trade will happen. And I'm not sure what Garza news he's talking about.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
FarrellBall FARRELL BALL

My source still says that Floyd to #Jays will happen; going to believe him considering he broke the Garza and Oliver news.. #FarrellBall

12 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Doubt this trade will happen. And I'm not sure what Garza news he's talking about.

Yeah the Garza "news" is just a rumor as well, so he believes his source because he broke another rumor? Well, the Oliver story was news so who knows?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
Yeah the Garza "news" is just a rumor as well, so he believes his source because he broke another rumor? Well, the Oliver story was news so who knows?

He might have meant last season's Garza trade. Not sure.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (striker @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
@FarrellBall

Hearing Nadir Mohamed pulled the plug on the Floyd deal as ownership wasn't willing to spend anymore money on payroll.. #Jays #FarrellBall

That's interesting. Floyd certainly wouldn't have put much of a dent in their payroll. I have to imagine they're not willing to spend money AND give up talent for a guy that might improve them by one or two wins at best. They're just in the wrong division.

Edited by Jordan4life