Should the Sox consider Dunn for Soriano?

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
If Rios can put up a 700-725 OPS and play above average defense (2009-10 version, not 11), then it's a huge plus.

Whether he will or won't do that, only the Shadow Knows.

I'd bet that he could still give an average CF if he cared, and an above average LF. Happily, we can put De Aza into cf and move rios where he ought to be effective, if someone can make him care.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
Seriously, with all the SoxTalk "insiders" with their wisecracks, innuendoes and jokes, I share Milkman's concern that only about 50-75% of the site (and, in his case, my posts) is actually intellectually accessible.

What joke?

You're the one with obscure references all the time that make people go "huh?"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
Seriously, with all the SoxTalk "insiders" with their wisecracks, innuendoes and jokes, I share Milkman's concern that only about 50-75% of the site (and, in his case, my posts) is actually intellectually accessible.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
What joke?

Oh for Christ's sake Caulfield, you referenced a "The Shadow" from 1930, mine was from 2003.

And I knew no one would get it...well, because I doubt anyone here are big Jak & Daxter fans

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)

I just sometimes think you're on acid or at least a strong weed with the tangents you occasionally go on :)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
I just sometimes think you're on acid or at least a strong weed with the tangents you occasionally go on :)

It's just a byproduct of having to teach English, Writing, Economics, Business, American Government, American History and Culture, World History, Philosophy, Sociology, Psychology, World Geography and African-American History, lol.

Never tried any psychotropic drugs...although after this weekend, I very well might try (of course, if was caught in possession of them, being put to death by firing squad in Xinjiang or Gansu Province in the dead of winter doesn't sound like a great idea!).

Was recently volunteered to do a "favor," my very good Chinese friend can't get pregnant (she's 29) by her foreign husband, so she now was the bright idea of me doing it this THUR and FRI. I guess I should be flattered, lol.

The adoption and sperm bank/sperm donor option...doesn't fit the Chinese traditional model of what's culturally acceptable.

See, did it again, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:59 PM)
What joke?

I was just "joshing," lol.

Hard to meet many fellow SoxTalk members in this part of Asia.

We can have a "MEET UP" in the Philippines, Kualu Lumpur and Singapore January 26th - 5th of February.

No takers?

Maybe I have to go back to the Lawrence/KC area again in July/August.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)
It's just a byproduct of having to teach English, Writing, Economics, Business, American Government, American History and Culture, World History, Philosophy, Sociology, Psychology, World Geography and African-American History, lol.

Never tried any psychotropic drugs...although after this weekend, I very well might try (of course, if was caught in possession of them, being put to death by firing squad in Xinjiang or Gansu Province in the dead of winter doesn't sound like a great idea!).

Was recently volunteered to do a "favor," my very good Chinese friend can't get pregnant (she's 29) by her foreign husband, so she now was the bright idea of me doing it this THUR and FRI. I guess I should be flattered, lol.

The adoption and sperm bank/sperm donor option...doesn't fit the Chinese traditional model of what's culturally acceptable.

See, did it again, haha.

Wait, so does this mean she wants you to f*** her? If so, you better do that s***. Unprotected sex with a woman and you can simply walk away if/when you get her pregnant? That's the american dream right there. Long as she doesn't look like the Jap version of wite, do it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)

See, did it again, haha.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
Wait, so does this mean she wants you to f*** her? If so, you better do that s***. Unprotected sex with a woman and you can simply walk away if/when you get her pregnant? That's the american dream right there. Long as she doesn't look like the Jap version of wite, do it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
I was about to say...

Agreed with J4L, though.

A sequence of posts has never made me laugh harder.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 01:54 AM)

She is very very cute, 170 cm, 48 kg, to American, model thin (I can't remember which poster here was in SHANGHAI last year, but I'm sure he remembers all the Louis Vuitton high society/fashionable women with black glasses, knee high leather boots, mini-skirts and thighs you can put Michael Jordan's hand all the way around)...like the typical idealized version of Chinese doll (cue David Bowie song).

Great in sports, university-educated, amazing karaoke singer and classical dancer, runs a real estate office.

The problem is that the more time we spend together...well, it gets more and more complicated.

Yeah, she plans to move back to her home province when she has the baby and raise the child with the help of her parents...seems the husband is only in China 3-6 months out of the year.

And only one sexual partner her whole life, so don't have to worry about the STD angle (have enough experience with that from my time in Russia, South Korea, Taiwan/HK/China, Indonesia, ESPECIALLY Thailand, Colombia and the Philippines!!!)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)
And only one sexual partner her whole life, so don't have to worry about the STD angle (have enough experience with that from my time in Russia, South Korea, Taiwan/HK/China, Indonesia, ESPECIALLY Thailand, Colombia and the Philippines!!!)

Damn. Is it your goal to bang someone in every Asian country (and Colombia)?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Oh for Christ's sake Caulfield, you referenced a "The Shadow" from 1930, mine was from 2003.

And I knew no one would get it...well, because I doubt anyone here are big Jak & Daxter fans

One of the most famous pulp heroes of the 20th century, The Shadow has been featured in comic books, comic strips, television, video games, and at least five motion pictures. Not obscure at all. at least to me but I'm older than Caulfield. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)

At the end of each episode, The Shadow reminded listeners, "The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.... The Shadow knows!"