Should the Sox consider Dunn for Soriano?

southsider2k5

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 04:34 AM)
Damn. Is it your goal to bang someone in every Asian country (and Colombia)?

Funny, I never even dated an Asian chick in America except a Chinese one I met while volunteering for Gore/Lieberman in 2000.

Before I started travelling, the two ideas were Venezuela/Brazil and Czech Republic/Hungary/Russia/Ukraine.

Only the Shadow Knows where I will strike next, lol.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 06:38 AM)
What the?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 07:14 AM)
LOL, it's quite the conversation to start the workday too

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:30 AM)
Thumbs up indeed

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
No s***, I had a dream last night where I was something like The Shadow, and I blame it on this thread.

I think "Only the Shadow Knows" needs to be a SoxTalk meme now, explaining KW moves, why Lawrence, Kansas is so enthused by Sox, etc.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 06:10 AM)
One of the most famous pulp heroes of the 20th century, The Shadow has been featured in comic books, comic strips, television, video games, and at least five motion pictures. Not obscure at all. at least to me but I'm older than Caulfield. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

I'm only 34 but a big fan of the old time radio station on SiriusXM, which often airs old episodes of The Shadow.

Great stuff.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
She is very very cute, 170 cm, 48 kg, to American, model thin (I can't remember which poster here was in SHANGHAI last year, but I'm sure he remembers all the Louis Vuitton high society/fashionable women with black glasses, knee high leather boots, mini-skirts and thighs you can put Michael Jordan's hand all the way around)...like the typical idealized version of Chinese doll (cue David Bowie song).

Great in sports, university-educated, amazing karaoke singer and classical dancer, runs a real estate office.

The problem is that the more time we spend together...well, it gets more and more complicated.

Yeah, she plans to move back to her home province when she has the baby and raise the child with the help of her parents...seems the husband is only in China 3-6 months out of the year.

And only one sexual partner her whole life, so don't have to worry about the STD angle (have enough experience with that from my time in Russia, South Korea, Taiwan/HK/China, Indonesia, ESPECIALLY Thailand, Colombia and the Philippines!!!)

Ok, so why in the hell are you two friends again?

Dunn for Soriano? I don't know. I willing to give Dunn another chance. He didn't practice in the offseason before 2011. had his appendix removed which probably threw him off in the beginning of the season, a child with illness. Things could only get better for Dunn, right? Time will tell. He better be practicing this offseason.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
Ok, so why in the hell are you two friends again?

In a nutshell, she is married to a foreigner.

The husband can't get her pregnant (sterile).

So...she thought it was best that her child be "bi-racial" so that other Chinese people would accept more easily that he was the father...didn't want to do adoption or sperm bank/donor/scientific method. Says there's "no feeling" that way.

Didn't want to adopt...not interested. Wanted to have a child that was her own. Tricky situation.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
Filipinocupid.com keeps popping up on the ad banner at the top of the site

Technically, it should be filipinAcupid.com, Filipinos are males from the Philippines, the -AS ending denotes female.

Like Russian women, kind of, father's name is Sharapov or Kournikov, daughters end an A at the end of their name. Or Spanish, where the A usually denotes feminine and the O masculine at the end of a word.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
Dunn for Soriano? I don't know. I willing to give Dunn another chance. He didn't practice in the offseason before 2011. had his appendix removed which probably threw him off in the beginning of the season, a child with illness. Things could only get better for Dunn, right? Time will tell. He better be practicing this offseason.

Pshaw. Back on topic.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
Technically, it should be filipinAcupid.com, Filipinos are males from the Philippines, the -AS ending denotes female.

Like Russian women, kind of, father's name is Sharapov or Kournikov, daughters end an A at the end of their name. Or Spanish, where the A usually denotes feminine and the O masculine at the end of a word.

Nope, back to the Shadow banging Asian women or something.

This thread is unintentionally great.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)

Polish is the same where the men are -ski, but the women will be -ska

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)

So...she thought it was best that her child be "bi-racial" so that other Chinese people would accept more easily that he was the father...didn't want to do adoption or sperm bank/donor/scientific method. Says there's "no feeling" that way.

Didn't want to adopt...not interested. Wanted to have a child that was her own. Tricky situation.

I understand why she would potentially want someone such as yourself to impregnate her (I guess...)...my question is how did you meet her and what has she wanted with you up until this point? :)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)

"No feeling"? Interesting...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:31 AM)
I understand why she would potentially want someone such as yourself to impregnate her (I guess...)...my question is how did you meet her and what has she wanted with you up until this point? :)

We met through a local fitness facility's badminton club.

There are over 100 members, we play from 700 pm - 900 pm every Mon/Wed/Fri.

So just be careful...the next time you join a badminton club, the same thing might happen to you (or not, since there are so few of these in the US)!

As far as what she wanted...I had an inkling, but was still pretty surprised, because up until about 10 days ago, she was just asking for my advice and opinion about what she should do, her various options (I said from the husband's POV, it would be VERY hard for me to accept another man sleeping with my wife and that I would probably prefer the science/tech solution despite the additional expense.)

Edited by caulfield12