Teahen designated for assignment

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:09 AM)
Victory for us, we don't have to eat that contract.

Nice work KW.

Teahen....you are a disgrace.

And no im not suggesting we bring him back.

he'll be back within the week.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
he'll be back within the week.

The Sox would assume his contract if they claimed him. He isn't coming back unless they figure out a way to get Toronto to pick up his whole deal. If that were going to happen, it would have been within the context of one of the deals that happened already.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
The Sox would assume his contract if they claimed him. He isn't coming back unless they figure out a way to get Toronto to pick up his whole deal. If that were going to happen, it would have been within the context of one of the deals that happened already.

'twas a joke.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)

Why can't he become a UFA after he clears waivers. He was designated for assignment in order to offer him his unconditional release. Teams can claim him and take on the salary or the jays can release which sounds like that will happen.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Why can't he become a UFA after he clears waivers. He was designated for assignment in order to offer him his unconditional release. Teams can claim him and take on the salary or the jays can release which sounds like that will happen.

2k5 said the specific phrase "Claimed him". That means claiming him on waivers, which means absorbing the contract. Once he passes through waivers, it's anyone's game, but I wouldn't be the team offering him a major league deal.

Ya I didn't call him a disgrace as a person. He's a disgrace as a player because he was just released due to his awful performance as a player. I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Who is a disgrace is some losers who sit on a message board and get offended and call people names when a guy who sucks at his job is called a disgrace, which he is as far as baseball goes, which is what I was saying. Lighten up Francis.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
Ya I didn't call him a disgrace as a person. He's a disgrace as a player because he was just released due to his awful performance as a player. I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Who is a disgrace is some losers who sit on a message board and get offended and call people names when a guy who sucks at his job is called a disgrace, which he is as far as baseball goes, which is what I was saying. Lighten up Francis.

This entire post is a disgrace, if nothing else, for the unintentional irony involved here.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)

Oh please, the way you stated it made it look blatantly like you were calling him personally a disgrace. I know we get a lot of exposure on this site, including Teahen's wife, and stating things the way you did makes this whole board look bad (not to mention Sox fans in general).

You were the one who typed that post that way, not my fault, and sorry for defending good people, I know that's such a bad thing to do.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
This entire post is a disgrace, if nothing else, for the unintentional irony involved here.

I was hoping someone else would pick up on the "losers on a message board complaining" irony too.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Oh please, the way you stated it made it look blatantly like you were calling him personally a disgrace. I know we get a lot of exposure on this site, including Teahen's wife, and stating things the way you did makes this whole board look bad (not to mention Sox fans in general).

You were the one who typed that post that way, not my fault, and sorry for defending good people, I know that's such a bad thing to do.

I understood that he meant as a player...

If Mark could somehow manage to get his act together defensively at 3B he could play another decade in this league... even without improving his offense.

Many teams in this league (including the Sox) need a left handed third baseman to platoon with their right handed starter.

I wish Mark the best of luck and hope that he realizes that his opportunity is at third.