2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 12:43 AM)
I haven't followed this thread, but I'm sure we gotta have a some rap fans here. I myself am not that big into rap but a friend I grew up with has turned himself into what I believe is a pretty good artist. Now I'm curious if I'm just being a homer (Was actually in one of his videos) or if my buddy has some real talent.

His best musics on his myspace, "Transform" is the song to really check out..

http://us.myspace.com/liptakmusic

And here's the video I'm in, quite the thugish group of people eh? (I'm the fat white guy with black glasses.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEB2RlK1fw...;feature=relmfu

I think its his worse song but hey :lookatme :lookatme

219, whats upppppp. lol

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
219, whats upppppp. lol

lol the whole Gavit class of 06 is filled with rappers, I think I missed my calling.

Graduated with these 2 guys too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O64LsEcsKd8&feature=plcp

Da Solva aka Antonio Mcneil aka my Subway hookup, is pretty darn good....at least in my homer/non rap fan opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
Are the UNO and DOS albums released by Green Day any good? TRES comes out this month too. I'm not a huge Green Day fan, but I like a bit of their older stuff.

No, not particularly, but each one has a couple songs with their usual catchy hooks. They probably should have put them out on one good album, instead of stretching them to 3. As it is, the first two are short anyway.

My goodness, the 12-12-12 concert was one of the best lineups..ever. I could have done without the Kanye garbage, other than that, what a show.

And, I mean...Paul Mac...nothing else needs to be said. 70 years old, and still one of the coolest rockers out there. Just crushed the jam song with 2012-Nirvana. I love that man.

The Who killed it as well, Waters/Vedder kicked ass, Stones seemed indifferent to the whole thing. Hell, even Billy Joel sounded great.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
12-12-12 Concert is airing on ION at the moment. Ill lineup- Roger Waters, Eddie Vedder, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Kanye West, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, and uh...Adam Sandler.

Sandler's song was pretty funny. What I saw of the was great. I DVR'd it and can't wait to watch the rest.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 06:08 AM)
Stones seemed indifferent to the whole thing.

I thought so too. One could reasonably have assumed that The Stones would be at the top of their game seeing as they're right in the middle of all that 50 Year Anniversary stuff and getting a lot of exposure all over the place because of that. Their set was mediocre at best.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 01:56 AM)
Man, it's gotta be awesome to be Dave Grohl. Grow up idolizing the Beatles and especially Led Zeppelin, and eventually share stages with Jones, Page and McCartney. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been with Plant at some point, I'm just not aware of it.

Lest ye forget, also with Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen. Dude is living the life.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
Lest ye forget, also with Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen. Dude is living the life.

That doesn't surprise me but I can't place it. When was this? I know he's a big Queen fan. When I saw them in Saint Paul they did a not-on-the-set-list cover of Tie Your Mother Down.

I like supporting the local music scene and spreading the word on bands I enjoy (esp. if I'm connected to them).

Check out my girl Dana Lynn's new project, Draw Blood.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DRAW-BLOOD/2...page_fan_invite

A rock band with my favorite female vocalist since Fiona Apple.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Def Leppard is playing the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas during March Madness...I highly advise all you thirty-forty-somthings to book your room packages now and join me!

That would be awesome