2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
Weren't there rumors like two years ago of a new Them Crooked Vultures album? Whatever happened with that?

Not sure, but a new QOTSA album is needed more than another TCV album.

Props to band Theme Park (very good btw). I wrote them a message asking for help getting permission for their song in our wedding video, they responded back in 5 minutes and gave me a contact. Really nice thing to go out of their way for.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
Props to band Theme Park (very good btw). I wrote them a message asking for help getting permission for their song in our wedding video, they responded back in 5 minutes and gave me a contact. Really nice thing to go out of their way for.

What kind of music is it/what songs should I check out at first?

And congrats on, you know, needing a wedding video!

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
Weren't there rumors like two years ago of a new Them Crooked Vultures album? Whatever happened with that?

Still on hold. They were waiting on QotSA album from Homme, and for JPJ to finish the rock opera stuff he was doing. I still hold out hope that we'll get another TCV album, the first one gets played all the time still.

Anyone ever been to the Logan Square Auditorium to see a show??? It looks pretty small from the few pics I've seen online. I'm headed there for a show in a couple weeks and was curious about the place.

I have the strange feeling that parking will be the biggest headache so I plan on leaving plenty early.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
Anyone ever been to the Logan Square Auditorium to see a show??? It looks pretty small from the few pics I've seen online. I'm headed there for a show in a couple weeks and was curious about the place.

I have the strange feeling that parking will be the biggest headache so I plan on leaving plenty early.

The place is sort of a dump. Parking may be an issue but you can park somewhere else and take the blue line right to it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
I'm sick of Lolla sucking all the oxygen out of the room. I'd rather go see a handful of these bands at some other venue than have to pay a s***load of money to go see them outdoors.

...but can't you go do that at all the non-Lolla shows these bands play every year?

I'm with you though. I know it's just a matter of personal preference, but mine is to see bands in regular concert venues, not outdoors.

Lolla might suck up the Chicago stop a tour would otherwise make.

e.g. QOTSA apparently playing every festival in the world but no regular concert dates through at least this summer, and it looks like Phoenix is doing the same thing

Edited by StrangeSox