2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
You should check out all the after shows that lolla provides then. I'm annoyed that lolla was so bad about selling out...but am still glad it's here.

What do you mean, exactly? I haven't really followed it for a while.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
There is just a different feeling, its probably the drugs, but there is definitely something to an outdoor concert.

There's a good chance. I've never been to lolla, but if it's like what I hear, I'm assuming you could get a decent secondhand/contact high just standing around. Sorry though, I don't think you can feel the affects of molly secondhand.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 01:27 AM)

There's a good chance. I've never been to lolla, but if it's like what I hear, I'm assuming you could get a decent secondhand/contact high just standing around. Sorry though, I don't think you can feel the affects of molly secondhand.

Haha, sorry, not like "selling out" like going corporate or whatever, I mean it's passes sold out in a few hours last week. It sold out before they sent me the email letting me know tickets were on sale. Super annoying.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
Haha, sorry, not like "selling out" like going corporate or whatever, I mean it's passes sold out in a few hours last week. It sold out before they sent me the email letting me know tickets were on sale. Super annoying.

Oh! Ok. I do remember my Facebook newsfeed having a few complaints about tickets selling out so quickly.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
You should check out all the after shows that lolla provides then. I'm annoyed that lolla was so bad about selling out...but am still glad it's here.

I'm actually going to be outta town that weekend so I'll have no chance to see anything.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)

Haha not what I meant.

I meant when you are on drugs indoors at a concert it has a warm/oppressive feeling. When you are outside, it just has a much bigger atmosphere, it just feels different.

Thats why I said "its probably the drugs" meaning that youre perception is warped and Im not talking about contact high from marijuana, not even sure that would phase me.

But the reason Im going to lolla is for the outdoor atmosphere.

(edit)

Yeah I was on 10 minutes early to buy tickets and didnt get them for over 45 minutes. I actually never did, one of my friends was buying them as well and she got in first, so she just used my credit card.

Edited by Soxbadger

• 2 weeks later...

To those out there who know what what good music is ...

What do you think of the band Alabama Shakes? Do you think the band is special or just average or ?

I caught the band on SNL and listened to a concert or two online and thought it was pretty good stuff. I'm not an expert, however, and perhaps music aficionados could set me straight on Alabama Shakes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 11:19 PM)

What do you think of the band Alabama Shakes? Do you think the band is special or just average or ?

I caught the band on SNL and listened to a concert or two online and thought it was pretty good stuff. I'm not an expert, however, and perhaps music aficionados could set me straight on Alabama Shakes.

You know that a band is good when their lead singer is fat & unattractive and they are still popular. But why care what anybody else thinks? If you like it that is all that should matter to you.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2013 -> 11:19 PM)

They're not bad but they got really, really overexposed for me last summer. I got burnt out on them really quickly.