2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have they confirmed that is was b/c of the bite? I keep seeing liver failure, not sure if that had anything to do with it or was it the bite and drinking combined what did him in?

I've not read anything that definitively linked the two, but just about every account I've come across more or less suggests that they were related. The amount of medication that was undoubtedly pumped through his system over the duration of the illness probably wasn't a good thing for his liver when you consider that he probably wasn't one to ever turn away a drink. I’m not a doctor, but Necrotizing Fasciitis can lead to Toxic Shock Syndrome, and TSS can shut down a liver, so there is that to speculate on as well.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

Saw Soundgarden in Atlanta on Tuesday night. Very odd setlist (I mean, how does SG do a show and NOT play Jesus Christ Pose??), but overall, Chris still has it.

Of course, I'm biased, Cornell could sing opera and I'd probably still enjoy it.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 9, 2013 -> 05:11 AM)
Saw Soundgarden in Atlanta on Tuesday night. Very odd setlist (I mean, how does SG do a show and NOT play Jesus Christ Pose??), but overall, Chris still has it.

Of course, I'm biased, Cornell could sing opera and I'd probably still enjoy it.

They f***ing rock forever.

QUOTE (MEANS @ May 16, 2013 -> 07:31 AM)
new QOTSA leaked...wow! pretty good album, very different.

Thanks for the head's up.

Also - jeez, it leaked 24 days prior to release.

I see new 30 Seconds to Mars also leaked.

Also, why are you idiots not downloading Frank Turner's new album. I promise you, it's amazing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
Yeah was looking at Summer Fest as Ice Cube is going to be there.

Unfortunately ive already spent to much on concert tickets this summer.

You must be the last remaining Ice Cube fan alive. :P

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 23, 2013 -> 07:19 AM)
And a voice that you can't mistake, either. Even after 20 years or so...jesus, has it been that long?

yes, I saw them open for Soundgarden recently and was very impressed. He went out into the crowd/lawn area and couldn't get back to the stage, which was pretty funny.

Saw Clutch the other night, man they sure kick some ass, even when the Neil is feeling sick.