2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MEANS @ May 23, 2013 -> 07:24 AM)
yes, I saw them open for Soundgarden recently and was very impressed. He went out into the crowd/lawn area and couldn't get back to the stage, which was pretty funny.

Yeah, he did the same thing last night. Made a full circuit of First Avenue during a pretty solid cover of Come Together. Multiple women were grinding up on him and doing everything they could to get him to not move. Part of me wanted them to let him get back to the stage, but if I were in their shoes, I'd probably do everything I could to keep him right there, too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
Paul McCartney is playing in Milwaukee and Indy, but not Chicago. Boooooooo

I'm thinking about giving the Miller Park show a look-see. Wrigley in 2011 was excellent, but the venue was a big part of that. Miller Park won't have that going for it, unfortunately. I see he's playing Fenway this summer- if I didn't already have 5 other shows spoken for by my wallet, that would have been the one to attend.

I was surprised that he's playing Bonnaroo. It just doesn't strike me as an event he would play.

Any Gallows fans here? Pretty bummed that Frank Carter went soft on his new side project Pure Love. Hope this doesn't lead to a Rise Against like change for him, and by that I mean I really, really loved The Killing Tree which was Tim Mcllraths hardcore band before Rise Against.

Speaking of former post hardcore guys that have gone "soft"...Frank Turner, who was reviewed by flaphship, had a pretty dope post hardcore band before he went solo...Check out Million Dead.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:39 AM)
Wondering how the Stones snobs I know feel about them "inviting" Taylor Swift on stage with them last n ight in Chicago?

I went last night and was hoping for someone better. It was only one song, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

She did watch the rest of the show about ten feet away from me. Her and 6 large bodyguards.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 01:20 PM)
I went on Friday, they were really good.

And Taylor Swift did a song that they almost never play, so its likely hardcore Stones fans were somewhat placated by that.

I don't really care that she was there and sang with them because that is something they have always done with "current" singers. The problem is that there is no way that she should have sang "As Tears Go By" as that is a favorite of many die-hard Stones fans, including me. It's one of the first songs that Richards and Jaggar ever wrote together and is held dearly by many fans.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 11:56 AM)
no but with comparisons to Sap and JOF I might have to check it out then! thanks

It really has a little bit of everything. A couple acoustic tracks similar to JOF and Sap and the others range in styles similar to the 4 full length albums. Obviously it will never be the same without Layne Staley's voice, but definitely worth a listen. I think I like it slightly better than Black Gives Way to Blue.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 10:41 PM)
How did I sleep on this Czarface album by Inspectah Deck and 7L & Esoteric? Great production reminiscent of early Wu-Tang and loads of solid cameos.

woah, I might have to check that out, Deck is one of the best in the Wu.

I can't stop listening to Ghostface's "12 Reasons to Die"

The fog couldn't have worked out better for my buddy Liptak....His debut CD is called Lost in the fog, so he was able to make a video in some legit fog last night....For any rap/r&b fans on the board check him out and spread the word.

The lyrics in this song are incredible.

He'll be playing at summerfest in Gary in front of 4 major record labels.

I don't normally keep up with new releases of big bands, etc. but I had a good feeling about this Daft Punk album. I don't know how it is being received by most, but I absolutely adore it. Can't quit listening.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 08:09 AM)
woah, I might have to check that out, Deck is one of the best in the Wu.

I can't stop listening to Ghostface's "12 Reasons to Die"

picked up the Czarface and it's pretty damn good, Esoteric at times sounds a little too much like Jay-Z for me but otherwise I can dig it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
I don't normally keep up with new releases of big bands, etc. but I had a good feeling about this Daft Punk album. I don't know how it is being received by most, but I absolutely adore it. Can't quit listening.

Yeah it's pretty darn good.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 07:11 AM)
eh...not my cup of tea, not really feeling it.

That song is more R&B than he really is. He goes harder on most other tracks. He's only got a few tracks on youtube so I just chose my favorite.

Here's his verse in another track (and an interview)