2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
I don't normally keep up with new releases of big bands, etc. but I had a good feeling about this Daft Punk album. I don't know how it is being received by most, but I absolutely adore it. Can't quit listening.

That third track is absolutely brilliant. This is one of the best albums in years, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Ive seen a lot of great rap artists (not as much as my friend who went with me) and we both agreed that Lamar had something. Im kind of excited to see what Dre is going to do with Black Hippy because it kind of feels like he is starting to put a stable together again, and Dre does not miss often.

Lets be honest, very few rappers can say that Dre rapped on their album...

And over the next few weeks Im going to see the following rap acts:

TI, Wayne, Wu Tang, Nas, Kid Cudi

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
Speaking of Kendrick:

http://www.stereogum.com/1435662/big-sean-...ectronica/mp3s/

Twitter has been going nuts over this for like 18 straight hours. On TWITTER.

So I heard it a couple days ago. Kendrick really killed it. However, within doing so he opened up a lot of doors for rappers to target him. This was supposed to be intentional I guess. He makes a lot of claims that have not gone unnoticed. My favorite is Lupe's response... Lupe absolutely murdered it!!!! SLR 2! Wonder if Kendrick will reply to anyone that's responded. Hope so... he can't just start it and bow out.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 17, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
So I heard it a couple days ago. Kendrick really killed it. However, within doing so he opened up a lot of doors for rappers to target him. This was supposed to be intentional I guess. He makes a lot of claims that have not gone unnoticed. My favorite is Lupe's response... Lupe absolutely murdered it!!!! SLR 2! Wonder if Kendrick will reply to anyone that's responded. Hope so... he can't just start it and bow out.

That dinosaur lyrics to adolf rapping was the most embarrassing thing I've ever heard.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Been digging Wild Belle's Isles album, nice rock and reggae mix.

I saw them live at Lolla and they were pretty good. They are from the Chicagoland area.

(edit)

And the Lupe thing was okay. Not that amazing. Hes not on Kendrick's level right now, Good Kid MAAD City is unbelievable.

I doubt All City Chess Team really wants to battle rap against Black Hippy.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
I saw them live at Lolla and they were pretty good. They are from the Chicagoland area.

(edit)

And the Lupe thing was okay. Not that amazing. Hes not on Kendrick's level right now, Good Kid MAAD City is unbelievable.

Only because Lupe hasn't put out anything that great in a while. He is more or less on the back 9 of his career, while Kendrick is in his prime. That being said, I'm not a big Kendrick fan. Nothing against him, and I don't think he's bad or anything, but I've never sought out his music to listen to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)

(edit)

Lupe used many different styles, metaphors, and just great lyrics throughout the whole song. It's more than just ok... Then again that's my opinion.

Also, if by not on Kendrick's level you mean he isn't as popular and doesn't get played on the radio like kendrick does then yes. As far as a lyricist, Lupe is one of the most respected lyricists in the game today. I'd say he's more than just on his level...

• 2 weeks later...

Lupe is alright. I like some of his stuff, I just think Kendrick is bringing a sound that is really going to resonate.

Ive been wearing the s*** out of Yeezus lately. At North Coast basically every DJ was mixing in beats from Blood on the Trees. Also saw Nas, Wu Tang and Mac Miller.

Next up Kid Cudi.