2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
Lupe is alright. I like some of his stuff, I just think Kendrick is bringing a sound that is really going to resonate.

Ive been wearing the s*** out of Yeezus lately. At North Coast basically every DJ was mixing in beats from Blood on the Trees. Also saw Nas, Wu Tang and Mac Miller.

Next up Kid Cudi.

I just can't get in to Yeezus as much as buddy who is a big Kanye fan too. I don't think it's bad, I just only a few of the songs. Most of them are produced really well, and have great beats, but I just don't like his tone on this CD. I feel like he is yelling and preaching through most of it.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always representing the local scene on here, not sure if I've thrown the Free AJents at you folks but here's there new song that I think is all sorts of dope.

I worked at that car wash in the background, so add that to the 2 rap videos I've been in lol

Edited by scs787

Any fans of the band Live? I followed the band back in the 90s, bought all their albums, went to a couple of their shows. Big fan!

The band broke up after their 7th album in 2006, but their lead singer Ed Kowalczyk is still putting out music.

His first solo album was pretty dismal, but his 2nd one coming out in the US in Oct (The Flood and the Mercy) is spectacular. It's already been released in a few Europen markets to coincide with tour dates, and leaked online, and in my opinion it's his best album since Throwing Copper. If you liked Live, I think you'll dig this new album.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:36 AM)
Any fans of the band Live? I followed the band back in the 90s, bought all their albums, went to a couple of their shows. Big fan!

The band broke up after their 7th album in 2006, but their lead singer Ed Kowalczyk is still putting out music.

His first solo album was pretty dismal, but his 2nd one coming out in the US in Oct (The Flood and the Mercy) is spectacular. It's already been released in a few Europen markets to coincide with tour dates, and leaked online, and in my opinion it's his best album since Throwing Copper. If you liked Live, I think you'll dig this new album.

Live is kind of a funny one. Over the years there have been very brief (maybe 10 days or so), sporadic instances where my ears will want to devour Throwing Copper & Secret Samadhi and little else. Then, just as abruptly as it began, I'm thoroughly done with their music until the next random musical whim. Last time was probably 2011.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
Went to see the Eagles Friday.

Great show, started with the slower stuff and then at the end they kind of let Joe Walsh take over. First hour was songs and stories.

Very cool

Metallica was on Howard Stern this morning, very good interview

I saw the Eagles (and Yes) at the Arie Crown Theater about....41 years ago. Holy sh*t, I'm old.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
Got tickets to Kanye and Kendrick. Skipped out on Jay again (sorry Hova Ive already seen you a few times and Im concerned your concert is going to be more Magna Carta less Blueprint.)

As did I. (Well, I also got tickets to see Jay) Very excited for both.

Just got back from seeing Jason Mraz here tonight at school. We were the first stop in his tour, and we were the first audience to get a taste of his new CD. Really liked most of the new songs. He was playing with Raining Jane, a group of 4 girls who he collab'd on the CD with. I enjoyed them as well.

I give this concert 10 out of 10 fedoras. He didn't play much of his older songs, but it was a pretty long concert (2 1/2 to 3 hours).