My patience is running out with KW

SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
The same stuff was said about Konerko, when he was in the PCL.

Okay great, now Rizzo=Konerko.

There are a ton of examples of inflated prospects due to that league, and so far Rizzo hit like s*** in the bigs. It was a decent pickup for a rebuilding team to see what he can give you, but it's not like he's a cant miss stud.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
There is some decent talent left in the free agent market for us to sign. I just hope KW starts bringing people in here SOON.

Where do you realistically see this team ending the season? Wasting $10+mm on role players on a .500 team is pointless.

The only reason to stock up on bullpen arms is to hope they deliver decent results and trade them at the deadline for a few 'spects.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Okay great, now Rizzo=Konerko.

There are a ton of examples of inflated prospects due to that league, and so far Rizzo hit like s*** in the bigs. It was a decent pickup for a rebuilding team to see what he can give you, but it's not like he's a cant miss stud.

If you apply the same logic, then getting Castro from the Padres was an absolute steal, because he's also a former can't-miss stud.

What? First of all, so far they have traded away more prospect value than they have gotten back. Second, the Sox are the team who has begun raking in good prospects so far, not the Cubs.

And as for the bullpen, the reality people keep forgetting is that there are very few truly consistently solid non-closer relievers in baseball. And they cost a lot of money for a guy who pitches an inning every few days. When on the other hand, one thing the Sox farm system actually has is some degree of RP talent. It really only makes sense to open up 2 or 3 slots for that crowd I listed in the Bullpen thread, and see who handles it well. They'll be cheap, and you can cycle through a few of them until you find the right mix. I think the 'pen will be extremes in 2012, with some really bad moments, but as the season goes on I think we'll see the rise of 2-3 darn good relievers who are cheap and under long-term control.

Nick Castellanos, Jacob Turner and Rizzo is a lot better than Molina & Castro.

Where do you realistically see this team ending the season? Wasting $10+mm on role players on a .500 team is pointless.

The only reason to stock up on bullpen arms is to hope they deliver decent results and trade them at the deadline for a few 'spects.

As we stand right now, I see the Sox finishing in last place... My hope is to trade some huge pieces for top prospects

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)
As we stand right now, I see the Sox finishing in last place... My hope is to trade some huge pieces for top prospects

So why are you so concerned over 6th inning pitchers and bench players?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)

You're going to be disappointed. The Sox have made it pretty clear that doing what you demand is not their plan.

So why are you so concerned over 6th inning pitchers and bench players?

Cause if we add pieces to the puzzle, we won't be finishing in last place.

It bugs the hell out of me that KC & Minn can add pieces to their roster this off season and so far we haven't.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)

It bugs the hell out of me that KC & Minn can add pieces to their roster this off season and so far we haven't.

Adding Josh Willingham, Ryan Doumit, Jamey Carroll, and Jason Marquis to the roster while losing Kubel and Cuddyer earns compliments from you? Jonathan Sanchez, Yunieskey Betancourt, Jonathan Broxton, and Jose Mijares is an imposing set of additions? If either of those teams are getting better, it's because players on their current roster take steps forwards. Much like the White Sox.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:49 AM)

None of the moves you suggest the Sox making will push them very far towards 1st place, just like the moves KC/Minn have made.

You're complaining about trivial moves that may only improve the Sox's overall record by 1 or 2 wins, and that's it.

None of the moves you suggest the Sox making will push them very far towards 1st place, just like the moves KC/Minn have made.

You're complaining about trivial moves that may only improve the Sox's overall record by 1 or 2 wins, and that's it.

If you are happy about the Sox being the worst team in the AL Central ( as we stand right now) that's on you. I am hoping that KW finally brings people into this organzation on both the major league and minor league level.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Which will land us in....last place. So why do you give a s***?

IMO, he's just complaining to complain, no matter what KW does some fans will just hate on it.

If KW went for it again this next season he would probably be complaining on how a real organization is run like the Cubs and Theo. He'd probably complain how the Sox signed a bad starting IF to sit on the bench and we should be looking to invest that money elsewhere.

The grass is always greener on the side side type fan.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
If you are happy about the Sox being the worst team in the AL Central ( as we stand right now) that's on you. I am hoping that KW finally brings people into this organzation on both the major league and minor league level.

That's debateable anyway. Take a look at KC & Minny again, they suck too.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)

Yes, I love losing and hope we follow the direction of winning teams like KC.

Right now the Sox are extremely less talented and productive overall compared to the Tigers, and the Tigers have legitimate prospects to trade for impact players. They are in a position to compete, we are not at this point.

Wasting $10mm on role players on a .500 team is flat out stupid, which is why I think trading away any salary possible is smart at this point (guys like Ohman).

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
KC is on the rise..

Of course, that vaunted KC minor league system that's gonna take the majors by storm in 2010. Oh wait, maybe 2011. OK, how about 2012 then? Hosmer & Moustakas aren't gonna win you many games with those pitchers.

Yes, I love losing and hope we follow the direction of winning teams like KC.

Right now the Sox are extremely less talented and productive overall compared to the Tigers, and the Tigers have legitimate prospects to trade for impact players. They are in a position to compete, we are not at this point.

Wasting $10mm on role players on a .500 team is flat out stupid, which is why I think trading away any salary possible is smart at this point (guys like Ohman).

If we aren't going to bring people in to compete for this year than trade away some huge pieces like Floyd, Konerko, Alexei etc... I hate half ass jobs. There's no reason to keep AJ or Konerko on this team, if we aren't going to go for it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
Adding Josh Willingham, Ryan Doumit, Jamey Carroll, and Jason Marquis to the roster while losing Kubel and Cuddyer earns compliments from you? Jonathan Sanchez, Yunieskey Betancourt, Jonathan Broxton, and Jose Mijares is an imposing set of additions? If either of those teams are getting better, it's because players on their current roster take steps forwards. Much like the White Sox.

Agreed. The only team that has substantially improved itself in the central will be Detroit, if they land Garza. The whole central will be up for grabs with really no clear cut favorite, as it stands right now. However, it's only January so it's somewhat pointless.

My prediction: Sox announce the signing of Cepedes (sp?) right before Soxfest as we know they like to add hype right before it to increase attention.