With Kuroda and Pineda to NYY, does EJ for 1-2 years

caulfield12

to the SOX become more and more likely by the minute?

Assuming a Gavin Floyd trade for the prospects Williams/Hahn/Paddy are targeting...of course. (Also assuming that money isn't being held back for Cespedes).

This eliminates the Yankees from the arms race, and brings the market of available guys down to Jackson and Oswalt, who some teams are looking at putting in the bullpen or limiting his starts.

Arguably, Floyd would be more comfortable on the East Coast (Boston, maybe?) than E-JAX pitching in NY or Boston...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...MZwK752RMA5nYcB

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would certainly make losing Hudson a little bit more palatable.

And we wouldn't have to surrender another 1st round draft pick, like we did with Adam Dunn.

One has to assume the Yankees had targeted guys who were coming off better seasons than Danks all along...so it wasn't the best environment for moving him, and KW wisely did the right thing, not trading him out of desperation but actually creating a tangible asset in the organization to go along with Alexei Ramirez, Sale, Reed, Molina and Viciedo.

Well, the Yankees went from suspect rotation to top 3 in the AL in a day. The Rangers are going to sign Fielder (if they can't sign Darvish). The Angels did what they did. The Rays continue to be brilliant. All the Red Sox need is another quality starter. The Tigers are the prohibitive favorites in the Central. The White Sox haven't been this irrelevant since 1995. I'm predicting 65-97.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Why would we want Edwin back if we're going to "rebuild"?

Apparently the logic involves then trading Floyd away in some fashion to a team that wants Floyd but not Jackson and is willing to give up talent + money to Floyd rather than just money for Jackson.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 12:31 AM)
Well, the Yankees went from suspect rotation to top 3 in the AL in a day. The Rangers are going to sign Fielder (if they can't sign Darvish). The Angels did what they did. The Rays continue to be brilliant. All the Red Sox need is another quality starter. The Tigers are the prohibitive favorites in the Central. The White Sox haven't been this irrelevant since 1995. I'm predicting 65-97.

Can't wait to see how they'd blow that high of a draft pick!

I think Edwin Jackson is a good pitcher and would welcome his return to the Sox, but not at the hgh price he is asking. Plus I agree it is unlikely the Sox talk with Boras. But, I also don't agree with trading Floyd. I don't care what people think the return might be. All I can say is I am underwhelmed so far with the minor league players we have gotten in return for trades made and see it simply as a disguised salary dump. I am confused as to what KW thinks he is doing and don't know if we compete or rebuild in 2012 and 2013. If pitching is the name of the game we need to keep Floyd and maybe add a Jackson to go with youth. Guys like Jackson and Floyd aren't "old" in any sense. But, do we have money to sign Jackson. Probably not and for sure not at what Boras wants

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
to the SOX become more and more likely by the minute?

Assuming a Gavin Floyd trade for the prospects Williams/Hahn/Paddy are targeting...of course. (Also assuming that money isn't being held back for Cespedes).

This eliminates the Yankees from the arms race, and brings the market of available guys down to Jackson and Oswalt, who some teams are looking at putting in the bullpen or limiting his starts.

Arguably, Floyd would be more comfortable on the East Coast (Boston, maybe?) than E-JAX pitching in NY or Boston...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...MZwK752RMA5nYcB

EJ is NOT coming back!

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
I'm not sure I'm understanding why the White Sox would even consider Jackson. It's time to find out if guys like Axelrod and Stewart can pitch. The White Sox aren't about to spend $10+ million, even on a 1 year deal for him.

Zach Stewart absolutely needs a chance to pitch at AAA this year if you want to consider him a starter long-term. He's barely been above AA in his career, there's a ton of growth that can happen for him at AAA. Putting him in the big leagues to "Find out if he can pitch" might well teach you the wrong lesson.