Peavy vs Ozzie

fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 06:43 PM)
If the Sox suck this year, I hope KW is canned after the season. I mean he made a couple offseason deals, big deal. If this team makes no more moves, it on paper again is a contender. If the team sucks, it's on KW. Fire him if this team sucks. Now if he makes 3-4 more trades, I will change this post. Then he can't be judged on this season's crap product.

KW has at least 2 years to see where this goes. He offered to move elsewhere and give up the GM job. Staying in that position must entail time to make things work.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
If the Sox suck this year, I hope KW is canned after the season. I mean he made a couple offseason deals, big deal. If this team makes no more moves, it on paper again is a contender. If the team sucks, it's on KW. Fire him if this team sucks. Now if he makes 3-4 more trades, I will change this post. Then he can't be judged on this season's crap product.

The team will suck. They are rebuilding to an extent. There aren't any expectations this year. The results of the season are rather meaningless.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)

The record this year means nothing, as the team is rebuilding. If all of the prospects Kenny traded for absolutely tank in the minors this year and all of the young guys stink at the major league level (Morel/Beckham/Viciedo), then he should be shown the door.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:46 PM)
The team will suck. They are rebuilding to an extent. There aren't any expectations this year. The results of the season are rather meaningless.

I guess I'm not sold on that premise. Many guys woefully underachieved last year. Who's to say. That said...I'm not expecting the world like last year...just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they came out and played well given the underdog status they are. Still a lot of solid pieces here IMO...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 12:50 AM)
I guess I'm not sold on that premise. Many guys woefully underachieved last year. Who's to say. That said...I'm not expecting the world like last year...just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they came out and played well given the underdog status they are. Still a lot of solid pieces here IMO...

Exactly.

The way the current team stands, this is not rebuilding.

No way.

I read JR's statement and don't see anything about Ozzie not quitting other that JR giving his blessing for Ozzie to quit. He quit. He had a contract for 2012. If he was fired the Sox wouldn't have received compensation. In order to become the manager of the Marlins, Ozzie had to quit his job with the White Sox.

Sorry Greg.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
I read JR's statement and don't see anything about Ozzie not quitting other that JR giving his blessing for Ozzie to quit. He quit. He had a contract for 2012. If he was fired the Sox wouldn't have received compensation.

Sorry Greg.

Exactly. He never said anywhere that he wanted to be back in Chicago this coming year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Ha!

The chairman Reinsdorf issues a statement saying Ozzie never quit!!

Cowley is tweeting like mad about it.

I wish the haters would issue Ozzie a heartfelt apology right now. The chairman told him he HAD to go to Miami by the end of the season.

This kills the ammo of some of the haters. Cowley is ripping the haters on Twitter.

If the sox were winning or at least had a good thing going, Reinsdorf wouldn't have told his manager he "had" to go to Miami. Why would he???

Reinsdorf has always been caught in the middle between Ozzie and KW because he respects both of them, he's a loyal business man. It's not a surprise he's saying this. However, to accept his statement as the 100% truth is just being blind. As a matter of fact, I'm not even directing this towards you greg.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 06:12 AM)
I don't post here enough to really know the personalities. Is greg775 a parody poster?

I'm disliked because I back Ozzie big time and back some of the players who are (were) hated. Like Jenks, Jermaine, Wise, Pods, Juan Pierre, CQ, etc. And I don't like Kenny and blast Rios and Dunn a lot.

I also praise Rongey and Hawk and Cowley and am disliked for that as well.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 01:34 AM)
I'm disliked because I back Ozzie big time and back some of the players who are (were) hated. Like Jenks, Jermaine, Wise, Pods, Juan Pierre, CQ, etc. And I don't like Kenny and blast Rios and Dunn a lot.

I don't think any of those players were hated and almost everyone blasts Rios and Dunn given how bad they were last season.

Jermaine was one of the most popular Sox players during his tenure.

We were all frustrated with Jenks' conditioning and "motivation" the last couple of seasons, but he usually got the job done, except against the Twins.

Wise (everyone accepted he was maximizing his ability in 2008 with us), Pods and CQ were never hated here.

Pierre...once again, frustration, like Jenks, but nobody questioned his effort or work ethic or his leadership. It was obvious he lost his burst with the Sox and was no longer the baserunning threat he once was (we saw Pods go through the same issues) and his defense was pretty atrocious in some key losses early in 2011. He didn't show up when we needed him most in the early months of the season. But hated, no...blindly loved and supported, no again.

Really reading between the lines the Ozzie statement, he didn't even have the testicular fortitude to actually quit. He had to kind of ask Jerry, to get him to see like it was Jerry's idea.

Honestly it sounds like complete BS to me. Remember this is the same guy who just threw a public fit about having to have an extension just days before. Ozzie is lucky that Jerry is as loyal as he is, because Ozzie is a little b****. If this is true, he didn't have the stones to quit himself. If it isn't Jerry is still covering his ass. Either way Ozzie can't even take care of his own business. He has to take the easy way out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 06:26 AM)
Pierre...once again, frustration, like Jenks, but nobody questioned his effort or work ethic or his leadership.

I'll question it.

Dude flat out did not come out of spring training ready to play baseball in either 2010 or 2011. However long he spent in the weight room, it did not prepare him to play baseball.

You need to realize there is a difference between hating a player and admitting it's time to move on. It's a business and your roster size & payroll are finite, so you can't just keep the same players around forever. Nobody hates CQ, they just realized trading him is what's best for the team right now. And who here hasn't blasted Rios & Dunn a lot?

Jenks: Loved until he didn't come into the season in shape (Don't you hate Dunn for something like that?)

Jermaine: ADORED. But there is a reason no one else offered him a deal.

Wise: One. Good. Play.

Pods: I f***ing love Pods, but he looked like a frightened antelope in the OF and he overestimated his market value twice (turning down Dodgers mutual option, asking the Sox for $7M per)

Pierre: I'm cool with Juan Dog, but he started out abysmally slow each year, had less power than me, and played s***ty D last year. 2010 he was fine.

CQ: No one hated. He was just a very streaky hitter who got injured a lot.

Stop rewriting history to make you and Ozzie sound like some martyrs when all you two are is stubborn as hell.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 07:56 AM)
You need to realize there is a difference between hating a player and admitting it's time to move on. It's a business and your roster size & payroll are finite, so you can't just keep the same players around forever. Nobody hates CQ, they just realized trading him is what's best for the team right now. And who here hasn't blasted Rios & Dunn a lot?

H8TER

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
I'll question it.

Dude flat out did not come out of spring training ready to play baseball in either 2010 or 2011. However long he spent in the weight room, it did not prepare him to play baseball.

How do you know he wasn't 'ready' to play? Maybe he's just not that good. Or he's a slow starter like Lexi?