Time for Soler thread...

caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 04:05 AM)
Here's hoping Alexei and Dayan can convince Soler or Cespedes, or hopefully both, to come here.

Soler would be our #1 prospect and Cespedes would be in the bigs probably midseason.

I'll say this much, if KW is really pursuing both of these guys aggressively and we don't end up with one of them, given the Ramirez/Viciedo connection, it would have to be considered a massive fail. I honestly don't care which one either, we just desperately need to add some potential impact talent to the organization and we seem to have a card, if the money is right, should give us an edge over other teams.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 07:54 AM)
I'll say this much, if KW is really pursuing both of these guys aggressively and we don't end up with one of them, given the Ramirez/Viciedo connection, it would have to be considered a massive fail. I honestly don't care which one either, we just desperately need to add some potential impact talent to the organization and we seem to have a card, if the money is right, should give us an edge over other teams.

This is going to be about money. I full expect us to be outbid on both of them.

I would much rather have Soler then Cespedes personally. Scouts think that Soler has the higher upside and he would be much cheaper than Cespedes. Let the Cubs, Marlins and Tigers (hate them all) get into a bidding war over Cespedes. Soler would instantly become our #1 prospect and best position prospect by a mile.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
I would much rather have Soler then Cespedes personally. Scouts think that Soler has the higher upside and he would be much cheaper than Cespedes. Let the Cubs, Marlins and Tigers (hate them all) get into a bidding war over Cespedes. Soler would instantly become our #1 prospect and best position prospect by a mile.

Soler is also years away.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Soler is also years away.

Definitely. That would fit our rebuilding/prospect collecting off-season philosophy. Notice I did say he would become our #1 prospect. Hopefully he'd hit the majors right about when Rios's contract comes off the books.