Sox still listening on Gavin

southsider2k5

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
Dunn, Viciedo, Flowers, and maybe even Ian Gac I guess.

Alexei has.....Eduardo Escobar.

Besides a 1B is 100x easier to replace than a SS.

No.

Dunn is a DH.

Viciedo IS IN RIGHT FIELD. NO MORE MOVING.

Flowers is our only non-AJ catcher.

Ian Gac?

Eduardo Escobar and Tyler Kuhn make more sense than any of the four you said.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Eduardo Escobar and Tyler Kuhn make more sense than any of the four you said.

Osvaldo Martinez too.

Though I don't see Alexei being moved unless Kenny decides to do a full-on blow this s*** up rebuild. At this point in time I feel Kenny is standing pat. Though I hope Floyd is moved, at least at the deadline when the Sox are out of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
Usually it means "I'm sick of arguing with you"

That's what it originally meant. But recently (and I don't mean Joe with my next statement, I'm being very general) it's mostly been used by dumb people that want to sound smarter. To them, it looks better to someone witnessing the debate to pretend like it's futile to continue when in reality it's just admitting defeat without actually admitting it.

While most current reports have Boston now most interested in Edwin Jackson, and Oswalt not fully committed to Boston, it sounds like the Red Sox are still considering Gavin.

The Red Sox have kept channels open with the Chicago White Sox regarding Gavin Floyd, a former No. 1 draft choice who offers fewer health risks than Oswalt. One league source said Wednesday the White Sox are looking for prospects in return, not necessarily Boston's top prospects, but two or three players with at least one having a high ceiling. Obviously, however, the sides have not come to any agreement on who those prospects should be.

Despite occasional bouts of erraticism, Floyd, a 6-foot-4 right-hander who turns 29 on Friday, has pitched at least 187 innings in each of the past four seasons. He would probably be a safer option than Oswalt at this stage. At an average annual value of $3.85 million, his contract would also fit in better with Boston's desire to stay under the luxury-tax threshold.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7...ngthen-rotation

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
I still hope Toronto is in the mix.

As far as Boston, I'd be very okay with a Ranaudo + Workman package.

Im not sure Toronto is still in the mix.

Id be ok with that to. I dont see Oswalt or Jackson going to Boston.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
to be honest, if he goes to Boston, that isnt my worry anymore. It would be a shame to see him get obliterated by the media

After his time in Philly I have always worried about his mental toughness. I agree that I would worry a lot less if he were elsewhere.

In his baseball video blog, Buster Olney talks about Boston's pursuit of pitching depth and says new GM Ben Cherington has taken a measured approach. He says the Sox have a one-year offer out to Roy Oswalt for "about $5 million" and "seem to be in the same position with Edwin Jackson."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...fered-oswalt-5m