Cuban lefty about to be declared FA

southsider2k5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 11:44 PM)
2009-etopps-gerardo-parra-214x300.jpg

Or this guy?

Youre not the one with the man crush on Parra are you? Or perhaps you have 2 accounts?

Hell no. That is JoeCoolMan24. Hell, he has his damn name on his sig if you hadn't noticed.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:44 AM)
2009-etopps-gerardo-parra-214x300.jpg

Or this guy?

Youre not the one with the man crush on Parra are you? Or perhaps you have 2 accounts?

....Sign me up for all the International prospects you can afford KW. Wonder if Paddy is out in Cuba scouting,people can scout out there right?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 03:59 AM)
Hell no. That is JoeCoolMan24. Hell, he has his damn name on his sig if you hadn't noticed.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

http://mlb.mlblogs.com/2012/01/23/rangers-...rdo-concepcion/

Rangers among teams interested in Cuban pitcher Gerardo Concepcion

Free agent pitcher Gerardo Concepcion worked out for the Rangers in front of a contingent that included owner Nolan Ryan at the team’s complex in the Dominican Republic on Monday and the club is among the favorites to sign the Cuban left-hander.

The Rangers, Yankees, Cubs and White Sox have expressed the most interest in signing the left-hander, according Concepcion’s agent Jaime Torres. The Marlins, Phillies, Giants, Blue Jays, Red Sox and Royals have also shown interest.

Concepcion has one offer on the table and is expected to sign a Major League contract during the next two weeks, the agent said.

“Everything is great. I really don’t know how to describe it,” Concepcion, 18, said by phone from the Dominican Republic. “All the training and exercise I have done is paying off. I’ve worked so hard to get here. I’m so happy. It’s like a dream come true.”

Concepcion, who was named Rookie of the Year in the Cuban Serie Nacional in 2010-11 after posting a 10-3 record and a 3.36 ERA in 21 games with Industriales de la Habana, defected from Cuba last June during the World Port Tournament in the Netherlands. He later established residency in Mexico and was declared a free agent last week.

He has been working out in the Dominican Republic and starred in a showcase for Major League scouts on the island last Thursday.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/gera...to-signing.html

Gerardo Concepcion Close To Signing

By Dan Mennella [January 26, 2012 at 4:20pm CST]

Cuban left-hander Gerardo Concepcion, an 18-year-old free agent, is very close to signing with a team, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com (story is in Spanish).

Concepcion's agent, Jaime Torres, tells Rojas that the lefty has offers from as many as 10 teams and could sign as soon as this weekend. Earlier this week, Torres said the Rangers, Yankees, Cubs and White Sox have expressed the most interest in Concepcion so far.

The Cuban defector recently established residency in Mexico and was declared eligible for free agency thereafter.