Popups

Steff

Guys.. question..

All of a sudden I am getting these stupid popups again. The are grey boxes with ads in them. Not like those Orbitz ones. I got a Norton firewall a few months ago and they stopped.. now they are back. Like 50 of them and I have to close each and every one of them before I can do anything else. How can I stop them???

Guys.. question..

All of a sudden I am getting these stupid popups again. The are grey boxes with ads in them. Not like those Orbitz ones. I got a Norton firewall a few months ago and they stopped.. now they are back. Like 50 of them and I have to close each and every one of them before I can do anything else. How can I stop them???

There shouldn't be any...

Guys.. question..

There shouldn't be any...

It's not while I have this board up.. I am on from home all day. When I get home there are a ton of them. They aren't like normal ads. They are just a grey box. Very plain looking. I tried to copy one to post as an example but it wouldn't let me.

Sounds like you have a pop up program in your computer.  I'm assuming like an adaware type program would remove them.  Since you have that Norton thing I'd think that would do it.

norton will not do it, i think.

go to the techtv or cnet and adware

Guys.. question..

LDF said:

norton will not do it, i think.

go to the techtv or cnet and adware

Norton should do it. I have Norton Personal firewall and it blocks them all unless i leave it off.

Steff make sure norton is not disabled and that the ad blocking feature is turned on. Also when was the last time you updated it? Sometimes it just needs to be updated.

Fixed it..

AOL has a stopper, so I DL'd it.. and they stopped.

Little s***s. They attack XP!

www.admuncher.com

I use this program, and it's very effective. It's $25 for lifetime tech support and updates, and I get a pop-up like twice a week. It's nice. :D

It must have worked cause I was getting them every few minutes and none since I DL'd it.