What are your NFL predictions for this weekend?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
He didn't pick the right MVP's for each game..

And those MVPs were determined by......you?

Incredibly funny that you followed Steve around bugging him in different threads for hedging on a bet and then turned around and did the same thing

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
No on even got the scores right, there really is nothing to complain about.

Who said they have to be right?

I'll give the person who comes to the closest on both games and pick the right MVP of each game, 2 Sox tickets for a game this summer.

The only reason Im saying anything is because of the stink he raised with a simple sig bet with Steve.

Sig bet and actually giving someone something of value are completely different.

In a bet, both sides wager something, IE signatures being changed.

This was no bet, as no one wagered anything and even if we were wrong we lost nothing. Thus there is really no complaint, it was entirely up to Soxobama whether he wants to give the tickets. Even if someone got the scores and MVP's right (which no one did).

I dont think they are at all comparable.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
Sig bet and actually giving someone something of value are completely different.

In a bet, both sides wager something, IE signatures being changed.

This was no bet, as no one wagered anything and even if we were wrong we lost nothing. Thus there is really no complaint, it was entirely up to Soxobama whether he wants to give the tickets. Even if someone got the scores and MVP's right (which no one did).

I dont think they are at all comparable.

oh hey look, Badger doesnt agree so he breaks down everything into lawyer speak and says it isnt comparable. No way

Hey look another person who doesnt like being wrong so they instead attack the person.

Im pretty sure Steve would recognize that its different if he put his own Sox tickets on the line and no one else had to risk anything.

It doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that caper.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Hey look another person who doesnt like being wrong so they instead attack the person.

Im pretty sure Steve would recognize that its different if he put his own Sox tickets on the line and no one else had to risk anything.

It doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that caper.

hmm, If i felt I was wrong I would agree with this. But I dont, so I dont care what you think.

SOXOBAMA wagered his tickets, by himself, then used some lame vague loophole to get out of it. Im sure you love that

Who said they have to be right?

The only reason Im saying anything is because of the stink he raised with a simple sig bet with Steve.

The rules were you had to be the closest to the final scores and pick the player of each game, nobody came close to picking those players. So nobody gets the tickets. Case closed!!!

The person who was the closest to each game, didn't pick any players.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
The rules were you had to be the closest to the final scores and pick the player of each game, nobody came close to picking those players. So nobody gets the tickets. Case closed!!!

The person who was the closest to each game, didn't pick any players.

and who were they?

rules are

you have to pick both winners and the 2 mvps of each game, your MVP pick has to be right.

your predictions must be in by kickoff of the AFC game.

also NO 2 people can have the same predictions

That doesnt seem to be a vague loophole, it seems to be the rules of the contest. its like saying that you won the lottery because you had 7 numbers "close" and only because of a "vague loophole" did you need to have all 7 numbers right.

A vague loophole would have been if Obama disqualified someone for having "same predictions" just because they had the same score but different mvps, etc.

And youre wrong about 1 thing, I hate this. I dont love defending someone who was trying to add a little excitement to the board, from others who are trying to take advantage of them. This is the exact type of scenario where you would hope that people would realize Obama was being cool and they would act the same way, not start griping about him not giving away his tickets to some random internet guy.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
That doesnt seem to be a vague loophole, it seems to be the rules of the contest. its like saying that you won the lottery because you had 7 numbers "close" and only because of a "vague loophole" did you need to have all 7 numbers right.

A vague loophole would have been if Obama disqualified someone for having "same predictions" just because they had the same score but different mvps, etc.

And youre wrong about 1 thing, I hate this. I dont love defending someone who was trying to add a little excitement to the board, from others who are trying to take advantage of them. This is the exact type of scenario where you would hope that people would realize Obama was being cool and they would act the same way, not start griping about him not giving away his tickets to some random internet guy.

I keep asking who is the MVP? nobody seems to be able to answer this question(answered while I typed it). If the MVP HAS TO BE RIGHT(loophole), then maybe we should be informed who the MVPs were.

How exactly am I trying to take advantage of a guy who voluntarily offered tickets with no prompting? How am i taking advantage of anything? I am not saying I won, far from it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I keep asking who is the MVP? nobody seems to be able to answer this question(answered while I typed it). If the MVP HAS TO BE RIGHT(loophole), then maybe we should be informed who the MVPs were.

How exactly am I trying to take advantage of a guy who voluntarily offered tickets with no prompting? How am i taking advantage of anything? I am not saying I won, far from it.

Before the contest ran, Obama said how he would determine MVP

No they don't but we will all know which player was the star of each game. If somehow its close than we will have a vote

When I went through the picks in this thread, I really didnt see anyone who could make a good claim for winning, so I really dont see what your angle is here.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)

First. I have not reneged on the bet. I satisfied all criteria.

Second. I agree with Badger in all the above, Kyle... as surprising as that may be. I guess having people pick MVP's in a game where MVP's aren't named leaves a lot of wiggle room, and really, if I were putting anything of value up for grabs for the f*** of it on a message board where most of the users give me s***, I'd want to see some semblance of an incredibly close ballot before mailing my Sox tickets off...

SOXOBOMA has already stated he'll do something for the SuperBowl. He should get a lot of participation, and an actual MVP is named in that game. I'm sure he'll give away his valuable tickets for free at that point.

Steve, I understand that he believes that what he decided to do was correct, but the whole process was arbitrary and allowed for loopholes where he could get out of not handing out a prize.

There was no true MVP award given for the games, so there was not a concrete result with the contest; it left it too open to debate.

I gave out prizes for the PTC of my own volition - there was a non-arbitrary way to decide the winner, so there was no argument as to who won.

SOXOBAMA, if you decide to continue your contest for the Super Bowl, might I suggest that you actually award a prize for the closest winner?