2012 Tennis Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 07:29 AM)
Thanks for calling my answer crap and than giving the same answer with different words.

No it was a detailed answer apposed to an answer that doesn't tell him anything unless he already knew the answer. You are welcome too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova have gotten catty with each other and clearly the only way to settle this is naked jello wrestling.

I have no desire to see Serena naked. Maria on the other hand is in my top 3.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)
Nadal loses first set and down 3-2 in second. Guess he wasn't ranked too low. I expect him to comeback and win but still. Yikes

With his lower ranking, him and Federer could meet in the quarters, with Andy Murray looming in the semis. Quite the draw on that side of the bracket.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
And down goes Federer too? What is this, the NCAA tournament?

Sharapova lost, Tsonga had to quit. Sounds like courts are garbage. Murray/Djok final?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 12:05 PM)
Andy Murray now has won Wimbledon, US Open, and the Olympics and I'm happy for him. Hopefully in the US Open we get better showings from Nadal/Federer.

It's funny how quickly he becomes British instead of Scottish

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 08:47 PM)
I really though Djokovic would be dominating and winning almost every tourney a few years ago.

I realize he owns Australia but a guy like him should have more than one Wimbledon.

With how dominant he looked a couple years back he should be on a prime Federer like run, I mean he is the best player right now in the game and might go back to back years with only one open. I'd love for Federer to make a run at US Open and have back to back years with all four guys winning an event.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 09:24 PM)
With how dominant he looked a couple years back he should be on a prime Federer like run, I mean he is the best player right now in the game and might go back to back years with only one open. I'd love for Federer to make a run at US Open and have back to back years with all four guys winning an event.

That's what I'm saying. He must be mentally weak or something because the men's field really is top heavy right now. Djokovic is totally likable as well. Would have been a good poster boy.

I mean losing straight sets yesterday? Come on. Murray isn't THAT good.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 8, 2013 -> 04:43 AM)
That's what I'm saying. He must be mentally weak or something because the men's field really is top heavy right now. Djokovic is totally likable as well. Would have been a good poster boy.

I mean losing straight sets yesterday? Come on. Murray isn't THAT good.

The strangest part was how he just got his ass straight whipped yesterday. Andy Murray is simply not THAT good. Hell, his second serve is basically a lob waiting to be slaughtered, and Djok did nothing with it.