Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:15 PM)
Pretty disgusting how well the Pats draft every year.

This is such a misconception

For a team that always has a lot of picks, they miss on a lot of guys while also ignoring other needs on the team (pass rush?)

Everyone is always gushing over how many picks they have ever year, and every year they just do the same thing.. trade those picks for more picks in 2012.. and next year, they will trade those picks for more picks in 2013.. yeah, they always get all these picks, but they don't use them..

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
I'd have Ballard playing on the inside not the outside. But he is quick enough to be a pretty nice DE opposite of Peppers. Very complete too cause he can play the run as well.

He tested positive for 420. He's an idiot who cost himself some cash, but a good player.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
grow up.

Why? He's right. Odds are, the kid will just be a special teams player. Mayock liked him though, and he's a decent talent evaluator, so I guess the kid has a shot to be something.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Why? He's right. Odds are, the kid will just be a special teams player. Mayock liked him though, and he's a decent talent evaluator, so I guess the kid has a shot to be something.

Yeah I don't know why you need to grow up.. I agree with your sentiment on him

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
My big problem is when I think white Bears defensive back, I think Craig Steltz and Adam Archuleta.

Its no problem, white defensive backs are usually special teams at best players.. Archuleta had a decent run for a while, but its just fact..

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Shouldn't be any question left as to who is the best talent evaluator in college football. Butch Davis has an unbelievable eye for talent. Too bad he doesn't really know what he's doing on gameday.

Without a doubt. There isnt a coach out there in the same light year as Butch when it comes to evaluating talent.

I don't like that the Bills didn't get a QB again - mainly looking at Kaepernick here - but honestly, I'm glad they didn't panic and pick one they weren't comfortable with, and there are a couple of guys who could be developmental prospects late today. And really, by far the biggest problem with last year's team was the defense and they've drafted 3 guys who project as starters. I'm pretty happy with what the Bills have done so far.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:04 AM)
So Angelo and the Bears completely f***ed up the trade yesterday, and admitted as much, so there's no sense trying to pretend anything else happened. Not something you want to get a reputation for around the league.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articl...ade_Fiasco.aspx

Angelo was already a buffoon. Now the other teams know it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:30 AM)
I don't like that the Bills didn't get a QB again - mainly looking at Kaepernick here - but honestly, I'm glad they didn't panic and pick one they weren't comfortable with, and there are a couple of guys who could be developmental prospects late today. And really, by far the biggest problem with last year's team was the defense and they've drafted 3 guys who project as starters. I'm pretty happy with what the Bills have done so far.

Todd McShay loves your teams' draft. Thinks it was the one of the best so far.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Jerry Angelo f***ed up (as usual and expected) but Baltimore can cry me a f***ing river with that mock indignation of theirs. First of all the trade was never official, and it didn't happen, so where do they get off expecting to get something and the Bears got nothing? That's what a "trade" is, the Bears didn't pick 26th, they picked 29th. It was a trade that fell through, which happens who knows how many times every draft. Baltimore could've turned in their card when they saw time running out, but they didn't. They should know, they did the exact same thing to Minnesota one year. What did Minnesota get for that? Nothing.

edit: yeah, so this was already said, maybe I should read the whole thread next time hmm?

I wonder what would have happened had the Chiefs taken Carimi. Imagine the story we would have been fed...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 08:10 AM)
I wonder what would have happened had the Chiefs taken Carimi. Imagine the story we would have been fed...

I dont know, Angelo didnt feed any stories here, he took the blame and admitted he f***ed up. I am glad he didnt cave and give out any good faith picks to a team that did the same thing to someone else.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 30, 2011 -> 02:04 AM)
So Angelo and the Bears completely f***ed up the trade yesterday, and admitted as much, so there's no sense trying to pretend anything else happened. Not something you want to get a reputation for around the league.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articl...ade_Fiasco.aspx

The Ravens did exact same thing in 2003. And they didn't even apologize for it.

The background: While on the clock Saturday, the Vikings were discussing trades with three teams -- Baltimore, Jacksonville and New England -- all at the same time. Minnesota officials finally settled on the Ravens proposal, a deal that would have permitted Baltimore to jump up three spots and select the much-coveted Leftwich. In return for moving down to the Ravens' spot at No. 10, the Vikings would have gained additional choices in the fourth and sixth rounds.

The Vikings insist they turned in their card to NFL officials, indicating the trade, with about 32 seconds remaining on their time limit. But the league apparently did not have verification from Baltimore on its side of the deal.

The Ravens, while acknowledging the trade was agreed upon, contended it was not made official because they didn't speak with league official Joel Bussert.

"The deal was not consummated,'' general manager Ozzie Newsome told the Associated Press at Baltimore's headquarters. "A deal is not a deal until I talk to Joel Bussert, and I never talked to Joel Bussert.''

One Ravens official did insist, not for attribution, that team officials attempted to call in the trade but that NFL officials did not answer the telephone. League officials denied that contention.

ESPN

Edited by G&T

I'm a firm believer in football being won at the line of scrimmage, and I absolutely adore the Bears top 2 picks.

You've got to think the left side of the line is set now with Carimi on the outside and Williams on the inside. Kreutz can still hack it a little bit, but we need to find someone to develop at center. Garza will probably stick at RG for as long as Kreutz does and I'm a big fan of Webb at RT. He's still raw, but showed steady improvement. And his physical attributes are nuts.

I would have LOVED Boling or Cannon in the 3rd round but oh well.

WTF? A quarterback....really. Its not like this is a vet to back up Cutler either. A late round project qb when we already have Hanie who looks like he could could be a capable number 2. How do we only have 1 offensive lineman at this point, no wrs, no cbs... I love the first two picks dont get me wrong. Im willing to give the third rounder a shot before I complain, but this is just asinine.