Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
LHolmes670 Laurence Holmes

I'm told a lot of unrest w/ Bears Free-Agents: One player told me: "Bears are p****-footing around, on a lot of guys."

Blah blah blah. Those guys think they are going to just get offers immediately. I like taking the patient route.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
It seemed like a lot of people were complaining about Kreutz during the season saying he wasn't very good anymore, but now losing him would be a disaster?

He's not as good anymore, that's true. But I just think he's a solid anchor in the middle, that knows the few returnees, and that's more important with a shorter offseason like this.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
They couldn't even get a late draft pick for him last year, and probably won't get much, if anything, for him this year.

I thought they had him dealt for a 2nd round pick but the Patriots backed out of it. Maybe that was 2 years ago though?

People freaking out about the Bears free agency activity need to realize that there are still going to be a lot more players traded and cut and the Bears aren't making final offers to guys like Kreutz yet. If all is said and done and s*** looks the same then yes, f*** the Bears, but let the process play out.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
People freaking out about the Bears free agency activity need to realize that there are still going to be a lot more players traded and cut and the Bears aren't making final offers to guys like Kreutz yet. If all is said and done and s*** looks the same then yes, f*** the Bears, but let the process play out.

The problem is that this is what this front office is notorious for, outside of the 2010 spending spree. Frank Omiyale....really?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
The problem is that this is what this front office is notorious for, outside of the 2010 spending spree. Frank Omiyale....really?

Well a good portion of the money they are under the cap HAS TO be spent by league rules.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
I'm aware, I just hope they spend it wisely.

I personally believe that not spending stupid amounts of money on WRs like Sidney Rice is a wise move for starters